cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice on claim issue..

So a buyer opened a case with me over an item that she says isn't as described. But filed it under did not receive. My description was accurate, I double checked it so I'm not worried about that part... explained that to her in a msg through resolution center. Just seemed like a red flag to me for some reason when she had the claim filed under the wrong thing... But I figured it could just be a misclick.

But this is why red flags went up for me...

The tracking bar is right there with "DELIVERED" and she already said she got the items so I'm not too worried about that, but the items she got, she is claiming aren't matching the description.  I'm just wondering if this might be a scam or something, as I can't even post pictures or anything as evidence like I have read you can for items that are not described? I only have the option to refund or send tracking info.....which is pointless because she already said she got them but were not as described. So my only options are to send a message(which I did saying I would gladly refund money after receiving the items back), send tracking info (pointless, because it was delivered), or to refund(but it's a refund option for an item that wasn't received... so wth!? Would it still track a shipment back with this some magical way?..So I could then refund the money after making sure I didn't receive a box of poop or w/e)

What should I do??

I know my item is accurately described, and I have feedback from many other buyers who have had no problems for same item(some even saying it is accurately described). I'm just trying to avoid getting screwed here because either someone is a scammer, or they don't know how to measure things and file a wrongfully labeled claim because they just ASSUME the capacity of a battery is different... I never had any other type. I literally re-measured and pulled one apart just out of curiosity, and proved to myself that I was, in fact, right...

Trying to stay positive while waiting for a message back from the person. But I would love any quality advice... Should I report for wrongful claim subject?

I don't want to make any rash moves until I find out exactly this person is about.... but I only have til' April 2nd to "resolve" this on my own

Help?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Jus tell them you'll refund when item is returned. No use telling them anything else
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

tranquil-gifts wrote: So a buyer opened a case with me over an item that she says isn't as described. What should I do?? I know my item is accurately described, and I have feedback from many other buyers who have had no problems for same item. I literally re-measured and pulled one apart just out of curiosity, and proved to myself that I was, in fact, right.

COMMUNICATION is extremely important. Contact your buyer and ask her to read your positive feedback about this item from other buyers and explain that you even "pulled one apart" and measured it. If she still believes the item is not as described, your only recourse is to politely refund her money. 

oldie00003.gif

"When you have the choice to be right or be kind, always choose being kind."---Wayne Dyer
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Jus tell them you'll refund when item is returned. No use telling them anything else
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

thank you

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Here is a situation that is getting to be out of hand - just in case other sellers have a good suggestion.
if you have sold a coin worth $1,000 (1 Coin) and the buyer claims it is not as described. Instead of returning the same coin back, the buyer returns a fake coin - not even a good fake but a bad cheap coin that you can buy easily anywhere. And, your coin has been certified and graded by an Approved eBay coin grading company !! Not only the buyer makes the claim but take 2 months to make such claim !! Will you accept the coin, eBay issues the refund and move-on ? Where is the selller's protection ?
Message 5 of 5
latest reply