cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Block Buyers/Bidders With Zero Feedback On Ebay

Found a partial solution. Go to Buyer Requirements when you are creating your listing or change it in your site preferences, checkmark the "Have bid on or bought my items within the last 10 days and met my limit...." change it to "1" and then change the value for "only apply this block...." to "0" and this will make anyone who has a feedback of zero to only make or win/bid 1 at a time. Now, I know its not a total block, but its the closest thing there is on Ebay and at least this will make someone out to harm you with a fake account because you blocked them or they are a competitor to only do this on one of your items, not all of them. Also check mark the "Dont Have A Paypal Account" They can still pay for it by credit card through Paypal but this will give you all the real vitals if the person pays. If they are out to get you then you can cross reference to see if that name appears anywhere else on your Paypal transactions with a different Ebay name and if there is a match then call ebay and they will get off the negative because you cant have 2 Ebay accounts and it will seem that the account was made just to cause harm. This is my setup below and I get very few problems.

1.JPG

Hope this helps

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Hello, You can't block 0 feedback buyers. The reason is everyone starts out with 0,

Most buyers with 0 feedback are great customers.

It is the ones with leave mostly negative feedback are usually going to be a problem.

If you have a bad customer just place them on your block bidder list.

If you need help with that let me know.

Good LUCK!

Message 2 of 65
latest reply

where do I find this screen? I don't see it for my item
Message 3 of 65
latest reply

Oh Bull! Most buyers now a days with zero feedback are total scammers and never pay!
Message 4 of 65
latest reply

@theleato wrote:

Found a partial solution. Go to Buyer Requirements when you are creating your listing or change it in your site preferences, checkmark the "Have bid on or bought my items within the last 10 days and met my limit...." change it to "1" and then change the value for "only apply this block...." to "0" and this will make anyone who has a feedback of zero to only make or win/bid 1 at a time. Now, I know its not a total block, but its the closest thing there is on Ebay and at least this will make someone out to harm you with a fake account because you blocked them or they are a competitor to only do this on one of your items, not all of them. Also check mark the "Dont Have A Paypal Account" They can still pay for it by credit card through Paypal but this will give you all the real vitals if the person pays. If they are out to get you then you can cross reference to see if that name appears anywhere else on your Paypal transactions with a different Ebay name and if there is a match then call ebay and they will get off the negative because you cant have 2 Ebay accounts and it will seem that the account was made just to cause harm. This is my setup below and I get very few problems.

1.JPG

Hope this helps

That is not true. I have 3 eBay accounts. I can buy different type items on different accounts.

Message 5 of 65
latest reply

Hi chrissy_white,

The format changed you dont see the setting from the listing. here's the updates: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/setting-buyer-requirements?id=...

Message 6 of 65
latest reply

strongly agreed! wasting time!
Message 7 of 65
latest reply

I have seen a huge uptick in zero-feedback bidders causing my auctions to be a time and money wasting endevour.  eBay doesn't do much to curb this and effectively penalizes sellers.  We can only wish another online auction will become the new leader.

Message 8 of 65
latest reply

I agree, there is no excuse. Any new eBay member should start with a cheap "Buy it now" item or two just to get a positive review to show that their address has been successfully delivered to before diving in and trying to buy an expensive item with zero feedback. 

All of my bad/problematic buyers have either had received some negative feedback or had zero feedback.

I just had a zero feedback buyer PAY for an item with a question in the note to seller "Do you have this in another size?" And they aren't responding to my messages. I'm getting tired of being afraid to make a decision out of fear that the buyer will leave unwarranted negative feedback. Our time, effort, shipping money spent out of pocket and unwarranted negative feedback means nothing to them and it's tiring at times.

Message 9 of 65
latest reply

So if I'm reading the information in that link correctly, there is no longer an option to block people with zero or no feedback? 😩
Message 10 of 65
latest reply

It works exacly as he stated as of 11/2018 and before this date.

Message 11 of 65
latest reply

There's no longer an option it appears to block zero feedback buyers. And now I get 5+ "offers" a day from scammers. Its ridiculous. 

Message 12 of 65
latest reply

@theleato  We've had close to 20 (0) Buyers in the recent past, whether they were new Buyers or Guest Buyers the bottomline is they were Buyers and shortly after their purchase they were (1) because I leave Buyer FB while the label is printing out.

We have not been scammed very often because of what we sell but on those rare occasions the Buyers have all had FB a lot higher then (0).

Our largest sale on record was from a (0) Buyer

All new IDs start at (0)

(0) Buyers can mean MORE people are signing up to Buy on the eBay venue and THAT is a good thing.

While I have some very strong opinions about the unbalanced FB system, at the end of the day its the system we're stuck with but to simply block all (0) makes no sense at all and I don't agree with wanting to do it ... if eBay were to change their system then things might be different ...

I completely understand the concern on high scam items but if Sellers know ahead of time they are listing one of those then they should consider other alternatives for moving high scam items ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 13 of 65
latest reply

Thank You so, so much! All you have to do is go on a computer and log-in on eBay and then go to "Account Settings", and under "my eBay views" on the top left of the screen there are a lot of things but one says "site preferences" just scroll down to the bottom and then hit submit when you got it!!
Message 14 of 65
latest reply

So Ebay would rather let sellers get ripped off than to lose a few sales to zero feedback users?
In my opinion that's bad business to allow sellers to get ripped off so Ebay can earn a few extra dollars. Should I say corporate greed?
Maybe Ebay should look into making it more difficult to let someone create an account to use as a criminal tool! Ebay used to be a great place to buy and sell, maybe its time to look at a better auction site to use other than eBay!
Message 15 of 65
latest reply