The Chess Collectors
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Russian / Soviet Chess sets

Soviet Union is known to be the country with most supported chess playing activities for over than half-century, a kind of a chess-paradise. This of cause caused manufacturing a lot of different chess sets by hundreds of factories. Did anybody go dee...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 38 replies
  • 0 helpful

Anri Versailles chess set value

I have an Anri wood carved & painted Versailles chess set, 145mm King with original box and board. My father purchased it in Paris late '60s while we lived in Brussels. It's in nice condition though both kings & 1 queen have crown point(s) missing. W...

Burmese /Asian bronze chess pieces value, era, age.. anyone ?

Hello- I am emptying my mothers house and found this set. I believe it was gifted to us when we lived in Burma in 1971-74 era.Could be Thai, Vietnamese, Laotian etc.. there are full set of both teams, but oddly, both teams are same color, have no rea...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Mokarex chess set

I am interested in knowing some more of the history of this set. I know that it started by including a chess piece in a can of coffee. I would like to know more about the history and pictures of the original chess set. Thank you!

Malvern Porcelain Chess Set - searching for our family heirloom

Hello! I am writing because my husbands late father used to make porcelain chess sets, under the company name "Malvern Porcelain Company Ltd” in the UK. My husbands mother met his father at an art studio, she was a ceramics painter and he was a porce...

2-thumbnail.jpg 02.jpg 17.jpg 3-thumbnail.jpg
User avatar by Rising Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Mokarex chess set

I am interested in knowing some more of the history of this set. I know that it started by including a chess piece in a can of coffee. I would like to know more about the history and pictures of the original chess set. Thank you!

Anri Mediolanum Chess set

Hi Everyone, I have an Anri Mediolanum Chess Set. Gorgeous set (and an ANRI Universum set). They are insteresting sets -- I am open to offers. Here are a few pics of the Mediolanum set. Its rare and rather amazing. kdavis@bethelurc.org

Vintage Fidelity Chess Challenger Elite A/S (1983)

I have a vintage Fidelity Chess Challenger Elite A/S that was purchased in 1983. The item is in excellent condition....perhaps even mint condition (not sure of the exact distinction). I am the original owner and actually have the original box and shi...

eBay Groups are no longer visited by users

eBay Groups are no longer visited by users. It is an old tested fact, since eBay has changed the visual design and buried many of the public chats and other resources, they used earlier, they only exist, but do not function in many areas any more. My...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 3 replies
  • 1 helpful

Anri 10" Montsalvat chess set

I would like to list this lovely Anri chess board and set. I am not sure if eBay is the best way to sell this but I know of no other avenues. I would like to know if the market for these large Anri sets is up or down right now. Thanks for your opinio...