cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80 title characters = 55 normal + 25 behind

Since Sep,6 2011 eBay has intriduced the title of up to 80 signs/characters, instead of earlier 55.
In the beginning I was glad about this novelty but very soon I understood two shaddow sides of this event:
1. There will begin "words pollution" when a lot of unneeded extra-words will be in mass added to title by sellers to
attract buyers. It will make the search sometimes more complicated than earlier. But some items, which really need the
longer title now will have it.
2. I suggest sellers to base their titles to 55 signs as earlier, because the search system on eBay does not switch the
whole title to be visible on search tables. Those tail 25 signs will be visible only when entering the item.
Therefor it is worth to set the main world into these 55 signs and the 25 tail signs to use for less important words.

For example You make general search for word CHESS and You will not see words MIKHAIL TAL if they are written at the end
of the title (behind 55 signs).

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

As if Life weren't complicated enough, already!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Yes. In difficult position You should especially well count the moves ahead! Unless if it is clearly lost.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Practical follow up judgement: within 80 signs some of the sales, which require long title do sell better than with those 55 before.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Ha-ha! Everything on eBay files has gone overhead. Since then this is the 1st time I could fine "Groups"... I believe the attention to them has falled since, due to such tricky changes of eBay files.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Since the Groups had been severely modified, this is my 1st outcome here to groups... and looks like now it is going to be fatal and final change to kill any activity in there. Who agrees or disagrees with me, please give the sign here to "check" themselves alive group members. Thanks for Your attention! Janis

Message 6 of 6
latest reply