cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcing: Wholesale and Dropshipping

Can anyone bless me with some leads for REAL Wholesale and Dropshipping companies? I do enjoy the hunt for finding those gems to flip, but the income isn't steady and so I'm lookin gto expand my store with some regular merchandise - thus the quest for REAL wholesale and/or dropshipping companies. I don't have a niche market yet and am open to various ones. Juat finding some genuine profitable sources seems to be taking priority. I've been researching for quite some time only to be left with a pile of stress from all the fake companies. Any advice would be much appreciated so I can aquire some genuine sources. Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I bought some Halloween necklaces from China with some suscess, There was  2 month wait for delivery. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I answered this last night and for some reason my response was not posted.

First --forget the internet.

Instead go to the local Yellow Pages. The paper one, which may be in your Public Library, if you don't have one. If you live in a rural or isolated area ask for the YP for the nearest large city.

SELL WHAT YOU KNOW; KNOW WHAT YOU SELL

In an area you know something about look for manufacturers, jobbers, liquidators, wholesalers and importers of stuff you already know something about. For example you sell a lot of makeup, so look under Beauty.

Now phone and make an appointment (if they don't have a storefront) and look for affordable job lots, end of lines, seconds (maybe), and returns. The latter two are the reason you want to know something about the products.

You may be asked for your business license or sales tax number. While these are usually free, because they mean you will be remitting taxes, most of the wholesalers don't really need it. The suppliers get a rebate on their own taxes when they sell to resellers, so it is useful to them.

OTOH, if you are not asked for a number, it's because all the products are at retail price.

Bring your credit card, you will be asked to pay immediately for the items you choose. In time, your supplier may give you 30/60/90 days to pay. Meanwhile you have time to pay built into your card.

NEVER SELL ANYTHING YOU DO NOT HAVE IN YOUR HANDS.

Never give up control on the number of items you have, the quality of the items you sell, or the packaging and shipping of the items you sell. If a dropshipper is not doing those well, you are the one who gets blamed.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I often wonder how people make money dropshipping for walmart. I recently purchased a craft desk from a seller. It came straight from walmart...damaged. Now, I either live with it or pay to ship this heavy thing back. I'm not opposed to dropshipping, but if you are going to do it, you should be prepared to handle the problems. This particular seller obviously isn't.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@mrobind42 wrote:
I often wonder how people make money dropshipping for walmart. I recently purchased a craft desk from a seller. It came straight from walmart...damaged. Now, I either live with it or pay to ship this heavy thing back. I'm not opposed to dropshipping, but if you are going to do it, you should be prepared to handle the problems. This particular seller obviously isn't.

File a SNAD, let the seller pay to ship it back.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply