cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the Dymo Label Writer 450 Turbo

Yesterday I installed a new printer, a laser printer from an auction and when I was attempting to get the printer installed, I messed up the Dymo Labeler.  The Dymo Labeler is printing very small and I cannot use it for now, like I like to do.  I resorted to using the Inkjet printer, that I also have.  I had to reduce the size of the InkJet printer to 75% using the new pluses and minuses on the screen.  I attempted to do that same with the dymo labeler but with the output being larger, the information printed was not all that was on the screen.

I think one mistake was yesterday, I wanted to print a test page for the new printer and just pressing the button, ended up sending one page to the Dymo, by accident.  I think that process made the computer think that the size of the paper on that one 2 1/2 by 7 inch was 8 1/2 X 11" and so when that happened yesterday, that made the printing properties change.  I have contemplated reinstalling the drivers for this device and checking that.  the Settings on Ebay for the output for the labels are as follows:

under Printer and label receipt preferences, the following is selected: 

Dymo LabelWriter 400 Turbo 2.4X7.5

I did remove the device, unplug the labeler from the computer, reboot it and reinstall Dymo labeler after it found the device,  I did not change the port on the back of the computer, that the device was plugged into.  I will attempt each process and so I think I have to do 2 tests in order to see if I can fix this printer so it will operate.  If anyone has any ideas, please share.  Take it easy.

CEO EBay Store: Little_Useful_Delights

I operate this store primarily in the evenings and I am always looking and looking for very useful sales, discounts and Bargains.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Problem with the Dymo Label Writer 450 Turbo

Ok problem has been solved.

I did one step that I felt that needed to be done and that was to uninstall all of the printers and turn the computer off.  I am not used to using 3 different printers.  One is primarily used for the laelbs and that is the DYMO.  I will start using the laser, which is the default one now for regular printing.  The Last printer will be used primarily for color printing.

I did an uninstall of all of them and restarted computer and all were found, drivers installed successfully and I did a test page for all of them each.  The problem was again with the Dymo.  I did look at the bottom of the labels that were printed out and I went into the Printer properties for the dymo.  I went into General tab and selected preferences down the bottom, in the middle.  I then went to the tab at the top which identifies Paper/Quality, because the size of the print is so small compared to how large the label is.  I then go to Advanced button at the lower right corner and go there.

This is where I found the problem.  I had been trying 30320 address and 30321 large label for the labels in use.  On the bottom of the labels, it said the numbers 99019 and when I saw that this was a paper type, down the very bottom, I saw my problem that I had done to myself.  The paper is now correct and I did all of the reprint of the shipping labels, that I had created tonight using the canon printer.  

solution for others that may run across this posting and their dymo Label writer 450 Turbo printing very small, change the setting of the paper to 99019 for the very long shipping labels.  Take care and good luck all.

CEO EBay Store: Little_Useful_Delights

I operate this store primarily in the evenings and I am always looking and looking for very useful sales, discounts and Bargains.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply