cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Doctor I need help with my store. I do not like it.

Okay so it's plain and simple. I do not like my logo my banner.  My pictures have different backdrops.

some of my listings are from last year. I'm on Beta and have no clue what it is. Not sure if I use the old or new store. Can you look and tell me what is not working. 

To me with all the learing curves and changes I have found it to be over the top. I want a antique look and stye. And how do I make a link? 

24-Daisylane-Collectibles

Thanks Gracias 🙂

For your brutial honesty... 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If you are talking about the Barn and little shed, like the country farm, I think that is ok with your main store page.  These items are commonly sold out of Country Antique Store locations and I think that is fine.  if you are talking about listings individually and the description area, then I would put in a HTML image area up at the top and use one of them for example.  I have a common one I use for most of my movie/dvd listings and I can give you more information tonight as to where I got the HTML which was for free.  I will look tonight later on.

CEO EBay Store: Little_Useful_Delights

I operate this store primarily in the evenings and I am always looking and looking for very useful sales, discounts and Bargains.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Here is a tutorial on HTML coding.

I used it some years ago to make some tags that allow me to add a (very) little design to my listings.

I would also suggest that you look at your listings on a smartphone. Many impulse shoppers are browsing and buying on their mobiles and our listings look vastly different on those little screens.

Normal English orthography only capitalizes the first word in a sentence and proper names. Capitalizing every word is hard to read and very distracting.

This is annoying and useless. Or as the kids say, TC:DR.

I will describe to the best of my ability the item description to my knowledge and as eBay policy outlines.

We all do. It's the requirement.

If additional research is needed I follow up with all resources including: Collectors of specific item, Reading, Historical Sales, and Fellow eBay sellers.

I expect my sellers to do their homework before listing.

All photo's are taken by me I do not use stock image's.

The apostrophe is used to indicate possession. Using it in a simple plural makes you look stupid.

And stock photos are usually watermarked as such.

In collectible categories stock photos almost don't exist.

Drop this.

If you need additional information please ask I will respond as quickly as possible.

You could keep this line.

I list as time permits If you would like me to search my inventory for that special collectible by all means email me with your details and I will check to see if I have it.  I can not stress enough how I’d love to hear from you. So if you have any questions concerning an item please ask away prior to the auction ending or buy it now item. 

You say the same thing three times. Think about how much time and money you will spend searching for something the collector has found elusive for many years. 

Although you think you are being friendly, I believe you are setting yourself up as a sucker for a high maintenance bully.

(Feedback)  If you feel I have not met your expectations Please Please be kind enough to allow me to correct and remedy the issue.  If you cannot leave stars in all categories, please either contact me or leave no stars feedback. 

This is unnecessary, because nothing ever goes wrong with our transactions, so we don't have to encourage our customers to look for problems. Smiley Happy

KISS

Keep It Simple. (Yes, I contradicted myself there.)

There should be no more Terms of Sale than there is description.

Great pictures by the way!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hey thanks for your time with my store. If your still available I would like to get your assistance.I'm not to good with the html thing.

I was trying to give the antique barn shop look. I guess I'm just tired of that barn.

Maybe time to drive around again and look for another. Many to choose from around her. 

Hope to hear from you.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Oh GEZZZZ

Ouch 🙂 Thats like leaning long division all over again.

I will give it a try. 

Again Thank You Greatly Appreciate Your Help...

Message 6 of 6
latest reply