cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer Service Layout for asking advice and getting customer Support

At some time this last week, the customer service assistance web of selecting help, has changed.  Before I used to go to selling, select any of 20 links I believe depending on what the topic is but now you have a completely different customer service lay out.

Under the selling, there are the following topics:

• Getting Started
    Listing items
    After you sold something
    Selling account
    eBay Money Back Guarantee
    Resolving selling problems
    Account
    • Getting Started
    • Account access
    • Resolving account problems
    • General
    • My eBay

Down below this area on the right is another "Need our assistance?" Contact us button but guess what, that puts you right back at the top and you will have to select which topic or you can choose to attempt to find your answers on the Ebay community for the Popular searches.  I believe there are less topics available and once I went to select an area of my question then I was given a code to enter once I called the telephone number.

I think the available topics available is less than it used to be and I believe with ebay crew becoming smaller, that is a major reason for this happening.  Good luck all in getting support as you need it based on what ever topic you need assistance with. 

The reason why I was calling on customer service was because of a new feature I found for having sales on multiple items with buy it now types of items.

I wanted to give customers $2 on 2 postcards, $4 on 3 postcards, $6 on 4 postcards and the minimum purchase has to be two postcards but the title that was set up says

Save $2 for every 2 items you buy

I had to put in a minimum of 2 because I cannot run the sale on 1 item and due to the minimum quantity being two it means the customer has to buy 4 postcards in order to receive $4 discount but I want three postcards in the shopping cart in order to receive $4 discount like I stated above.  If I inflate the price by $2 in order to get it based on single items, then if the customer is looking at postcards on Ebay itself then they will see a large price for all of mine and may not even bother going to the actual Item. based on the price.  The sale on the quantity is only visible when you look at any item in the store category. 

When I spoke with John he said the solution is to set up multiple sales one based on quantity of 10 which could be the maximum number of postcards I think any customer would buy at once, then another sale based on 9 post cards and so on all the way down to quantity 2 items.  That is the only way I will get what I want.

Right now I have 8 discounts running and I can have them run for a whole year or more.  The markdown manager I used to use was only run based on the length of the item which is 30 days maximum so I like this feature because I can set this up once and not have to worry about it for a very long time and I think the quantity of items I have will help make these things last a long time.

Thank you Auctuon Doctors for your advice last year into splitting my store into logical store categories because that certainly helped out here for sure!!!

CEO EBay Store: Little_Useful_Delights

I operate this store primarily in the evenings and I am always looking and looking for very useful sales, discounts and Bargains.
Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0