cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language script

Hi can anyone tell me what this is at the end of my item description ?  And how can I get rid of it Thank you.

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">// var itemNumber = window.ebayItemID ? window.ebayItemID : -1; function passpara(){return '&id=1861729&itembgcolor=0xFFFFFF&bordercolor=0x000006&storewindowbgcolor=0xf1f1f1&toptextcolor=0xFFFFFF&bottomtextcolor=0xFFFFFF&stripcolor=0x006ab1&auctionclosemessagecolor=0x006ab1&emptyboxmessagecolor=0x006ab1&buttovercolor=0x006ab1&buttoutcolor=0x006ab1&searchtitlecolor=0xFFFFFF&searchbuttbgcolor=0xFFFFFF&searchbutttextcolor=0x000000&searchbuttbordercolor=0x000000&itemhighlightcolor=0xfff000&navbuttonactivecolor=0xfff000&navbuttonoutlinecolor=0xf1f1f1&navbuttoninactivebgcolor=0xfff000&siteid=0&cat=11554&item=' + itemNumber + '&baseurl='+escape((function(){var d = '';try{d=location.protocol+'//cgi.'+location.href.split('&domain=')[1].split('&')[0]+'/ws/'} catch(e){d=location.href.substring(0,location.href.lastIndexOf('/')+1)} return d })());} // </script> <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"></script> <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">// function passparaSC(){return '&baseurl='+ escape((function(){var d = '';try{d=location.protocol+'//cgi.'+location.href.split('&domain=')[1].split('&')[0]+'/ws/'} catch(e){d=location.href.substring(0,location.href.lastIndexOf('/')+1)} return d })()) + '&sitebaseurl=http://www.auctiva.com&tagNum=1';} // </script> <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"></script>

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Language script

It's seems to be direction to your Store and some coding for prettying up your listings.

But enter it as the text under the HTML box on the Sell Your Item form, then switch to Standard , and you will see what it is doing.

If you don't want it, just mouse over it and hit Delete.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Language script

The following I understand:

Java script tells the html the language is to be.

Ebay Item ID states that information and I believe EbayItemID is a named variable
Itembgcolor is followed by 0xFFFF is a color of a certain set of characters or an area to appear on the screen

There is a lot of declarations of colors like strip color, border color, searchbuttbgcolor, various areas and the colors are being declared.

Sometimes I see the strip colors named twice, once at the beginning setting the parameters for the layout of the rectangles and when they start and another time at the end for when the rectangles meets the end so that it makes a complete circle with a border and it makes a loop in that sense.

I notice the HTTP..Auctiva.com and that is a tool that ebay uses for displaying information.  I am not sure exactly what is to be displayed but sometimes at the end are counters that show how many people have visited.  I have a map that displays about the sales that I have done at the end of my listings and so there is various things that are displayed.

I hope I have helped.  Good luck.

CEO EBay Store: Little_Useful_Delights

I operate this store primarily in the evenings and I am always looking and looking for very useful sales, discounts and Bargains.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply