cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it allowed by ebay terms to send emails informing interested customers on upcoming ebay auction?

I am going to sell my services through ebay auctions or just listings.I don't have ebay store and will sell through separate listings and auctions.  But I want to send my interested clients emails informing them on the day and time of my ebay auction beginning. Is it allowed by ebay terms to do so?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Is it allowed by ebay terms to send emails informing interested customers on upcoming ebay auction?

I think regarding the emails, as long as they are on a legitimate mailing list where they either have the option to opt, and/or already opted in at some point in the past somehow.

As far as auctioning your "services", I was under the impression allowing auctions of your services where added to the ban list years ago. I would research that well before going forward. And dont just take curently running ebay auctions where servies are being offered as evidence of that type of auction being ok by ebay. I think, if anything like that still exists, its only for very specified services, if any, are allowed.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@flover_3   Just wanted to add to other answer.  

Services can only be offered in a classified listing.  Since the help pages changed my past post with screen shots shows the categories for classified listings better. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/Classified-ad-listings/qaq-p/27727964#M151214...

Classified listings are 9.95 a month.  There are no seller fees.  Buyers can not file an ebay MBG.  

If none of the categories fit then use everything else > every other thing  

Let me know if you have any questions.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

So, is auctioning of services banned right now or not?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yes auctioning services is not allowed.     You have to list as a classified ad.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

But can you list your service as Buy it selling option?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply