cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay stomps on small store owner

Ebay stomps on small store owner . Have not made a sale in 7 days and dont know if Ebay will let me.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You are selling in a notoriously overstuffed category-- used clothing.

You are offering around 20 men's suit jackets - during one of the hottest summers on record.

You don't have measurements in your Description.

You have less than 100% feedback- although your Response to the neg was fairly calm.

If you are worried that you are not seeing Views on your listings, that is a glitch first reported about two weeks ago. You are not alone and eBay seems to have had no success is fixing it.

You've left 20 feedback for buyers in the last month and 120 in the past year.

On that basis your June /July sales have about doubled your annual average.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I know i had built up some momentum it's like i have to start over. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I have been a Top Rated Seller ever since eBay introduced that program and have been selling on eBay as my primary source of income for 12 years. Every time eBay introduced a major change I see a slump in sales. At the beginning of June eBay added the requirement that sellers must offer free returns for the Top Rated Seller emblem to appear on their listings and to receive the top rated seller discount. They claim they made a number of announcements leading up to this change but I have gone back over all of my seller update notifications and been unable to find anything. June is typically a slower month for me but the first week of June I saw an extremely drastic decrease in sales. When I started checking into why I discovered this policy change. I changed all of my active listings as quickly as I could but it seemed to take another couple of weeks for my changes to fully take effect and for eBay to fully update their formula for Best Match search results. Just in the last week or so I am seeing sales starting to come back. I realize that you are not a Top Rated Seller but I have always wondered if other sellers are affected by eBay's somtimes sudden, drastic changes to policy and procedure. Of course all of this is my personal observations and theories on the subject and I have no way to prove or verify that this is what has been going on other then what I have seen on eBay over the last 12 years or so. 

Does anyone else miss Meg Whitman? I think this was a much more seller freindly site under her leadership.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply