cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contest To Grow Business Thoughts and Ideas

So now that I have 2060 items on website and as many in my eBay store, I'm ready to start marketing. (A little slow, I realize).

One tool I have used as a consumer that impressed me was Gleam's contest tools. Essentially you offer a contest and the consumer gets more entries or points the more the market for you. Entries include posting on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, going to your website, as well as about 20 other point-gaining actions they can take.

I'm running my first campaign and it has been completely free including never asking for my credit card. It's getting a good amount of impressions. Since I am using the free account, I can not change the company graphic. Depending on how this one goes will determine if I subscribe. 

To advertise this contest, I am using three different email campaign services.  Three becasue they I am trying their free versions, thus 2000, 2000 and 200 email address imports.

Three days later and here's what is going on with this campaign.

After not getting stellar results from my large Facebook "invite to event" effort, pasting it on my website and on Twitter, I am using MailChimp for an email campaign. The results jumped to 303 impressions, 55 actions which is a 6.6% conversion rate.

I may be in error, but I chose not to simply solicit the sale of my products on this campaign. My goal was to get my company's name out there on Facebok and Twitter, as well as get them to my store directly. S

Seven days later:
569 opens, 119 actions for a conversion rate of 8.6%.

Below is a chart of the results.  The big bumps are when I sent out the email campaigns.

Anyone have any experience or ideas to share?

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0