cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using eBay listing and description body not saving the way I write it.

I recently switch from creating eBay listings with a 3rd party and am now just using the eBay listing tool. The problem is the description box. I write the description using a 12 font, a couple bold words, spaces between key points....BUT, none of it holds. The listings come out all weird. Some are missing a bulk of the writing. Some the font is wrong. Some the description is all together with no spaces etc. 

Tried revising some listing to fix but nothing works. There is nothing fancy in these descriptions, just a resonable 12 font and some spacing, but can't get it to stick.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

In our eBay listing experience, with an updated and well maintained desktop computer, the eBay listing tool still is randomly glitchy.
No idea if or how text glitches happen with mobile or other platforms.

We have experienced the glitchy font size and font style changes off and on for a longgggggggg time, with both Chrome and Firefox browsers. Fortunately and lately, has not been a constant issue.

We have no screen shots to offer, but there has been other's comments about this issue on this tech discussion board, from time to time. There's always a "mental wince" when this font text/size issue gets entered into the discussion board and escalates our awareness, to go check listings.

The font style/size changes can happen during listing creation, at the preview stage and/or after the listing has published. After published, the listing we hope appears as intended, if so, we feel guardedly successful. Unfortunately and again randomly, reviewing published listings hours, days or even weeks later and have seen font text/size changed, mixed up with different font styles and sizes, and to our shock, listings even missing blocks of text< fortunately we don't see that specific issue often and dismiss it as operator (lister) error, but we know neither mixed or missing text issue is NOT always a lister's error.

Yes, a time sux, to go back and correct/redo to the way you want listing text to appear.
Suggestions have been to do computer, browser updates and maintenance. Always time well spent to have a clean machine, but has not been the solution. Quite a long while back (at least 2 yrs?) read one discussion board, reply/comment from eBay, "they are aware of the issue and are working on it".

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

are you trying to write with HTML..or are you on that page trying to write without using it? 

How are you viewing.......on a computer, phone, etc?

Can you post a screen shot? 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi, I`m having the same issues as you describe, I`ve found that eBay isnt compatable with Firefox, some of my listings text will just vanish, I have used internet explorer tonight and that seems OK
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

In our eBay listing experience, with an updated and well maintained desktop computer, the eBay listing tool still is randomly glitchy.
No idea if or how text glitches happen with mobile or other platforms.

We have experienced the glitchy font size and font style changes off and on for a longgggggggg time, with both Chrome and Firefox browsers. Fortunately and lately, has not been a constant issue.

We have no screen shots to offer, but there has been other's comments about this issue on this tech discussion board, from time to time. There's always a "mental wince" when this font text/size issue gets entered into the discussion board and escalates our awareness, to go check listings.

The font style/size changes can happen during listing creation, at the preview stage and/or after the listing has published. After published, the listing we hope appears as intended, if so, we feel guardedly successful. Unfortunately and again randomly, reviewing published listings hours, days or even weeks later and have seen font text/size changed, mixed up with different font styles and sizes, and to our shock, listings even missing blocks of text< fortunately we don't see that specific issue often and dismiss it as operator (lister) error, but we know neither mixed or missing text issue is NOT always a lister's error.

Yes, a time sux, to go back and correct/redo to the way you want listing text to appear.
Suggestions have been to do computer, browser updates and maintenance. Always time well spent to have a clean machine, but has not been the solution. Quite a long while back (at least 2 yrs?) read one discussion board, reply/comment from eBay, "they are aware of the issue and are working on it".

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hello,
I have been dealing with this same issue for several months. Constantly changing my font size too as well as type. What I have done that sometimes works is open another browser. Correct it, update it, then look at it in the other browser to see if it stayed. Sometimes I go back and forth correcting it between browsers up to 6 times before the font will stay the size and type chosen.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Me too

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Regarding same ongoing (years)/intermittent issue:

Today, creating a new listing,  fonts and sizes not saving accurately in the description section.

Happens in preview mode and with published listings.  

Sure makes a listing look messy and confusing to the eye. 

Also often, font size ,  ex: 14pt ..looks much larger when the listing goes live.

But sometimes, the font size saved actually publishes as the correct size.

Then, today, I wanted the entire listing in 12pt. Half saved in 14pt and half saved in 12pt. 

Oy vey, eBay! 

Chrome is up to date.   Even more interesting Firefox displays

the listing font style, altogether different. 

Is there a bug report board within eBay's Community, to check when eBay is having issues or

when they are programming, Where is it?

trinton@ebay.com

Message 7 of 7
latest reply