cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"invalid product name" ERROR!

I can not list items for sale, edit, or save with templates in seller manager pro since this morning.

Anyone else having this problem? I called eBay and nobody could figure it out. They even went into my account trying to do basic template saves and edits them selves and could not get past the "invalid product name" error problem.

This is beyond aggravating as I have many items that need templates created and then listed for sale. My business is at a stand still!  Do eBay reps read these posts?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Product as in product catalog or product as in Selling Manager pro inventory?

If the former, post on the Product catalog discussion board.

If the later (I think this is what you are asking about), you may need to speak to the Advanced Apps team.

This is from the eBay Advanced Apps team...

Phone Support (US - 8 AM - 6 PM MST): **To call us, click on the Help & Contact link found at the top of most eBay pages. Click on the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page. Select ‘Selling’ -> ‘Getting Started’ -> ‘Selling Tools’ for issues or concerns related to eBay listing tools that my team can assist you with. Now scroll to the bottom and click Call Us. Ask the customer support agent to transfer you to the Advanced Apps team.**

Or, send an email, from your registered email account, to turbodata@ebay.com. Iclude your userid and a description of your issue.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 27
latest reply

The Advanced App team showed me a long work around until they can fix the actual glitch with selling manager pro inventory template creating and listing.  At least i know that it is a known problem now where regular customer service support had never heard of it..

Thanks for the advise dollybeauty. cheers!

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

so they are working on fixing it now?

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

The person I spoke to from the Advanced Apps team said roughly that this error is part of the new seller hub integration and wouldn't be fixed until the integration is complete which will probably not be days or weeks but months. I hope this is not the case and they will fix this problem so we can listing items efficiently.
Message 5 of 27
latest reply

I'm getting the same message on all my listings. Can you tell me what Ebay told you to do to work around it? I use Selling Manager Pro. 

Thank you! Any help appreciated.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Canyonrunner34: When you click into an inventory item, then click the box next to the template and click the "Edit Template" button below the template.  This takes you into bulk edit where you can edit the template.  After you save any changes, you can go back to the template and click "Sell Again" (with the template box checked) to list it.  That seems to be the only way to edit and list using SMP/Inventory currently.

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

I am getting the same thing and it sucks big time - very frustrating!!!!
Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Same here....All day long. Can't believe we actually pay money for this. In addition to this I can't change store categories without them automatically defaulting to "other." I try and adjust shipping fees and it defaults back to original fee. So sick of all of this.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

I've been having the same problem with store categories for months as well.  No matter what I change them to, when I save it defaults back to what it was before or just something random.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

I have been having the same problem listing in all but Ebay Motors at this time. Called Ebay Support and they indicated that this is a documented technical problem they are working on.

Tried this work around and was able to list my item. Yeah!! This work around only worked in Chrome and not Firefox browser. Thanks for the workaround. At least I can list items. Hope Ebay gets this glitch fixed soon. The workaround is time consuming.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Canyonrunner34: When you click into an inventory item, then click the box next to the template and click the "Edit Template" button below the template. This takes you into bulk edit where you can edit the template. After you save any changes, you can go back to the template and click "Sell Again" (with the template box checked) to list it. That seems to be the only way to edit and list using SMP/Inventory currently.
Message 12 of 27
latest reply

Same issue here.  I called eBay twice this morning over two hours and they couldn't figure it out either.   Extremely frustrating.   

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Curious if anyone has any updates? I'm still unable to list using existing templates. Same error notification each time:

""It looks like there's a problem with this listing. You have entered an invalid product name.""

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

I am getting the same message on over 1000+ listings. As well as many other issues with shipping policies that have always worked and suddenly dont. This is very frustrating. Does anyone have an update? I dont have the time to fix each listing with a workaround.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply