cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having technical difficult..this sr. citizen needs tech help--PLEASE, THANKS

Hi everyone.

I am baffled . For two days now, I have a problem. I can't see my store. Tried both Firefox & Chrome, and it  lets me individually go to items, but if I want to see most recently posted, or do a search, the little circle comes on to the left above & keeps moving around and never connects. Yet it will connect to "see other items". Now in addition I tried to end a listing, and it wouldn't connect again.

I have not changed my settings. I am an elderly sr. not a techie, so don't know what to do. Called eBay and they said they would report it, but so far no help, no change as the csr's aren't technical people. I don't know who to ask as my peers are not tech oriented.

Does anyone have advice? It's so strange, as I changed nothing in my system...and it's causing me endless hours going one by one to see my merchandise...can't function this way.

HELP???!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE..thanx...

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Try to log out of your ebay store then log back in. Also, make sure it is not your internet connection that is failing for some reason, check all cords. If you are on a wi-fi, try and go straight wire to wire or (Ethernet) connection. sometimes a bad connection will not load your page properly. I have also had to use my phone to change some things around because my internet connection on my laptop was poor.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Try to log out of your ebay store then log back in. Also, make sure it is not your internet connection that is failing for some reason, check all cords. If you are on a wi-fi, try and go straight wire to wire or (Ethernet) connection. sometimes a bad connection will not load your page properly. I have also had to use my phone to change some things around because my internet connection on my laptop was poor.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for your reply. I was at wits end, but called Spectrum. They reset my modem, & that didn't help at all. They suggested calling MICROSOFT as you can't call Firefox, as there is not a direct person line. I called MSW & the rep said to restore the computer to an earlier date. I did, and it fixed it. Posting this in case someone else has the same problem. That doesn't mean there isn't a problem but it's a temporary fix. Thank you for trying to help me. It's eBayers like you who keep me going in faith in people being kind. It's karma--I saw a seller with a wrong listing in gem i.d. & sent her note telling her the real gem she had, & she appreciated it. Try to pay it forward....it's as eze to put out positive as negative energy, no?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I will pay it forward. I have. I am glad you sort of resolved your tech issue. wish i could be of more help. Karma is real. Its awesome to know that you have helped a person i.d. a gem. I have a few items I am going to be posting soon on these group chats in order to get more information on them. Would be nice to see your input. thank you.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

OP, try turning off ad blockers for the browsing you are using.

Also, sometimes people have various security software running but they are not aware of it, and this software that comes free with PCs can sometimes cause a problem, especially McAfee software. Over the past 5 years McAffee is not that great and I advise replacing it with something else.

Anything Norton is also not that great. Don't look at marketing **bleep**, look at reviews of these products. Avast is much better. There are free versions and paid versions with more features. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply