cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay page is displaying as text only

ebay page on all devices is displaying as text only with large arrows and I can’t get access to my store or any information contained on it. Can’t get in touch with eBay, phone number on google tells you to go to the website to check customer help section and I end up going round in the same circles as I can’t access this.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: eBay page is displaying as text only

I have exactly the same thing and did so all day yesterday. Hoped it would be sorted by this morning. Bids have gone in on a few of my items so working for some people. Not sure what is wrong. Can anyone help us?

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I have the same issue and I’m looking how to fix it. As for now had found that if I use my normal WiFi network the problem persists. If I get to the site trough a mobile network hotspot it is all ok. It is not good enough for me but will save the day until this is sorted. I’m on Virgin Broadband by the way. Would share which is your provider? Thanks and hope that helps. 

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I have the same issue and I’m looking how to fix it. As for now had found that if I use my normal WiFi network the problem persists. If I get to the site trough a mobile network hotspot it is all ok. It is not good enough for me but will save the day until this is sorted. I’m on Virgin Broadband by the way. Would share which is your provider? Thanks and hope that helps. Thanks

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Virgin Broadband too.

Ebay works perfectly on my IPad, so not sure it can be a Virgin Issue, more a windows one/ Definately something on a laptop.

How can we get help?

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Tried to do what you said off a phone and mobile hotspot and its now saying that my password does not match even though it does on other machines.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

TURN OFF CHILDE SAFE IN VIRGIN MEDIA and it works.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I'm Having exactly the same problem since Thursday, both in Safari and Firefox.  I've reset browser and cleared cookies..  all the usual troubleshooting. As a act of desperation I thought..  what if point my VPN (Private VPN) to the UK and connect with my VPN enabled.  Guess what!  Service as usual..  pages a re loading no problem.  So if you have a VPN turn it in.

So this tells me that this issue is not down to eBay themselves.  It appears to be an ISP issue, or network routing in the UK to UK ISP's.  As turning your VPN on your a bypassing your IPS.  Our ISP is the Post Office.   This is a temporary fix & work around not a permanent solution.

Just to get the conspieriacy theories flowing...  I'm wondering if there has been some sort if security filtering going on since Th UK are on high security alert!!  GCHQ must be working overtime haha...

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Wow. You are right. How can that be. Lucky my kids are 17 and 19 now 😀

Thank you

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

'Virgin' network is the culprit ! Not ebay.

We've fully established that, as it works fine on other networks.

It could be due to Virgins 'filter', such as Child Safe, as someone said it works when the filter is switched off.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

thank you for this  Dannell.4you  - you are a life saver. 😁

Only found this just now and it has fixed the issue.  

I spent 3 hours on virgin chat waiting to be put through to anyone who could help as I realised it must have been a Virgin issue and I just got moved from pillar to post.

thanks once again for posting this here.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Glad it was helpful. I’ve lost 24 hours fiddling about trying to fix the glitch and blamed eBay. Now I would like to apologise to eBay for thinking it was their fault.( How could I! ). It is not you eBay, it is not us, it is Virgin Media.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

If you are on Virgin.media go to. Settings page and turn on VPN. If it is turned on already switch it off and it should work.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I have the ebay access problem currently with Virgin Media. With an inquisitive 13 year old in the house, there's no way I'm going to turn off the child lock filter.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Thank you so much. Just spent an hour deleting cookies on both Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers to no avail. Turned off Child Safe and everything returned to normal.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply