cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is proactively charging August listing fees for supposedly 31 day July listings

Per the new rule, GTC supposed to be charging now on the same day every day starting July. However, it is not the case. I got charged after 30 days (old format) while those items were/are active on the old billing cycle. 

If you watch to end the items you don`t want to be relisted, you will be surprised to see that you`ve been charged already. And if you cancel at the time it is still less than a day, you are not actually avoiding the fee despite you see that those listings are still active and have less than a day left.

Is it intentional sneaky way to force listing fees and taking the option to end listings within a day to the ending time, or a tech glitch? 

Called eBay, a rep was saying something about 50 free listing was the issue (of course it is not, as even the listings in question have starting day July 1, and those 50 free listings are from July 1-August 1). A manager reported it, and looks like she hasn`t seen it before (although she assumed it happened because of the system set up).  

Check your account from today forward for such sneaky charges and cancel BIN listings 1+ day before ending to avoid being charged.

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: eBay is proactively charging August listing fees for supposedly 31 day July listings

Thirty (30!!!) "free" promotional listings were deducted by eBay today from my Premium Store account of free listings. All 30 listings were items which had not yet expired; additionally, eBay did NOT automatically re-list ANY of these items -- eBay simply prematurely deducted 30 items which were STILL active!!!

When I contacted the eBay help-line, the first individual with whom I spoke attempted to excuse eBay, by discussing GTC and the measures which eBay has taken to resolve the 30 day issues. When I tried to explain to her that the items that had been deducted from my free listings were actually still LIVE items (with an expiration date of the following day), she still fell back on the same set of excuses. I finally demanded to speak to a supervisor, and eventually spoke to someone else, who apparently was aware of the widespread programming error. She advised that my complaint would be added to the growing pile of other, similar complaints.

However, she could NOT guarantee that eBay would reimburse sellers for the listings which eBay has STOLEN from its sellers.

GIVE US BACK OUR LISTINGS, EBAY!!!
Message 46 of 54
latest reply

Re: eBay is proactively charging August listing fees for supposedly 31 day July listings

There is a double charge actually, and you experienced just one so far: the one while the listing is till active, and another one when it`s actually get relisted. 

Double dip. Watch for another charge and cancel all listings with 1+ day duration (do not cancel with less than 24 hours, too late, you`ve been charged). Then you can relist manually if you wish. That works until ebay fix wrongdoing or make another profitable glitch.

Message 47 of 54
latest reply

@ky-thrill wrote:

Nevermind.

Is that what the Customer Service Rep. says when you call to ask for a credit? Smiley Indifferent

Message 48 of 54
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

@greg5000 wrote:

@beautifulbeauty2012 wrote:

Per the new rule, GTC supposed to be charging now on the same day every day starting July. However, it is not the case. I got charged after 30 days (old format) while those items were/are active on the old billing cycle. 

If you watch to end the items you don`t want to be relisted, you will be surprised to see that you`ve been charged already. And if you cancel at the time it is still less than a day, you are not actually avoiding the fee despite you see that those listings are still active and have less than a day left.

Is it intentional sneaky way to force listing fees and taking the option to end listings within a day to the ending time, or a tech glitch? 

Called eBay, a rep was saying something about 50 free listing was the issue (of course it is not, as even the listings in question have starting day July 1, and those 50 free listings are from July 1-August 1). A manager reported it, and looks like she hasn`t seen it before (although she assumed it happened because of the system set up).  

Check your account from today forward for such sneaky charges and cancel BIN listings 1+ day before ending to avoid being charged.

The Can of Worms has exploded ...

... and eBay will probably say:

• "We are looking into this"  see_no_evil
  • "We have opened a ticket"  hear_no_evil 
  • "We have forwarded your concern to the correct Department"  speak_no_evil
  • "We are aware of the issue"  Smiley Wink

Many sellers (and me) predicted this, because "this is par for the course for eBay."

What do you expect them to say?  We are waving the magic wand to fix it?  The Blues on the boards have said they forwarded the problem to those were investigating and will get back when they have info........  that's all they can do........

I expect them to say:

• We are very sorry.  Smiley Sad
  • We value you as our customer.  Smiley Happy
  • We will make sure that all of your fees, that we took improperly, will be returned immediately.  Smiley Wink
  • We will give you 2X the number of Free Listings, that we removed unfairly from your account.  Smiley Very Happy
  • We will hire better Software Engineers.  nerd
  • We will insure that this never happens again ... but when it does ... we are very sorry.  Smiley Surprised
Message 49 of 54
latest reply

call them for fee reversal

Message 50 of 54
latest reply

Thats not what the reps say! They want you to use ALL your listings and then after you get charged call us for a credit. Some folks have been told to wait until September. So pay us for our oversight and then in 30 days or so we will give you a refund WRONG WRONG UNCONSCIONABLE!! FIX the system and CREDIT US IMMEDIATELY!!!

Message 51 of 54
latest reply

What a coincidence that the famous failure never helps us, the sellers, to pay less and if that happens surely the payment would be adjusted immediately and not a month later.

Message 52 of 54
latest reply

@maxnroysmarket wrote:

Thats not what the reps say! They want you to use ALL your listings and then after you get charged call us for a credit. Some folks have been told to wait until September. So pay us for our oversight and then in 30 days or so we will give you a refund WRONG WRONG UNCONSCIONABLE!! FIX the system and CREDIT US IMMEDIATELY!!!

I fully agree.

eBay needs to quickly refund all improperly taken Fees, and credit all improperly taken Free Listings/Listing Credits, to every eBay Seller ... whether they call in or not. 

eBay needs to make every Customer whole.  And if eBay want's to make things right, they should give every seller additional account credits (for their time wasted calling customer support).

Message 53 of 54
latest reply

tyler@ebay

It has been over 1 week since eBay prematurely subtracted 30 fee listings from my Premium Store monthly package of 1000 free listings, for listings which HAD NOT YET ENDED!!!

When does eBay plan to give all of our free listings back?
Message 54 of 54
latest reply