cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Feedback responds We ran into a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.

When I try to leave feedack on the Leave Feedback page after 8 items are shown it downloads the message "We ran into a problem. Please refresh the page and try again." - many, many times for the next 100 plus items.  It has been doing this for several days. I tried calling customer service and spoke with Muricel (fri-144801142327) and she said that it is doing this for everyone and I had had to return to the Purchased Items page after each feedback I left to leave additional feedback. She said that everyone has to do this now. This can't be right... she insisted it was the only way I could leave feedback. She said there was no way to get technical support. How can I solve this issue?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

eBay Feedback responds We ran into a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.

Unfortunately that is the only way I have been able to leave feedback for my purchased items.  From my selling portal it has been a bit easier.  It's a problem that is now going on for a couple of weeks at this point. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I am having the same problem with trying to leave feedback on 2 items. I did a copy and paste of the error message to do research, hence my finding this thread. After reading what we have to supposedly do in order to post feedback, I then went to purchase history.  Went to the seller and successfully left my feedback (I usually copy and paste the same feedback message). The feedback posted, but I did not notice I posted the "We ran into a problem. Please refresh the page and try again"  - ooops. But the 2 items were sold by the same seller.  And following the advice about going back to purchase history in order to do another feedback, does not work. I am still getting the "we ran into a problem" message for the 2nd item. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I have special characters in my usual, repeated feedback message. I removed them, and the feedback posted. So I don't know if something has changed in regard to special characters, but leaving these out of my feedback seems to have solved my problem:  <(Ö¿Ö)> ♫♪♫<(Ö¿Ö)>

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I had same problem, tried multipul browsers and computers. It ended up being a solid black star icon special character that was prompting the response.  .•:*¨¨*:•. were all fine but  ★★★ were not. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Thank you! 

I also called Ebay today (3/1/2018), and they are aware of the issue (which I suspected they would). 

I was able to post one feedback today (with all of my special characters) and I moved on to do the next feedback. But back to the same problem again! So I removed the special characters:  <(Ö¿Ö)>  ♫♪♫  and feedback posted successfully. 

I forgot to mention the special characters. I will call them back to see if they are aware that the problem apparently is caused by some special characters!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I did call Ebay just now (3/1/2018 12:45 pm) and customer support stated that he will pass along the information about the special characters to the technical support team. A good example. My first feedback went through OK with the special characters; the 2nd did not go through with the same characters but after removing them, the feedback posted.  So at least the support team can see a clear cut example of this anomaly. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I also could not leave positive feedback. I had special Characters,  i.e  ..... ‹(•¿•)› ..... Great ebayer ..... ‹(•¿•)›.....Thank you ..... ‹(•¿•)› I changed this to Good eBayer +++++

I can now leave positive feedback. Thanks for the advice.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Special characters it is as well - for mine I had to remove the @ symbol then it posted with all the other characters.  Also bizarrely there were no problems when I was posting feedback as a seller - to buyers with special characters only if I was giving feedback to sellers when I was the buyer that they needed to be removed.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Don't place too much on the special characteristics bit. I do not use any special characteristics at all but i still have exactly the same problem. 2 weeks ago, I would leave feedback but the page did not change when finished. However, upon checking, the feedback had been posted. This week, I get the "we ran into a problem" message as well but again upon checking, the feedback had been left. 

These problems will continue until ebay decides to employ someone who knows what they are doing to fix their technical issues but why bother with that when they are making billions in the meantime off us ? 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Dear Hello With Respect.

I facing same Problem . PLease tell me right Way to Salution.

THanks

Message 11 of 11
latest reply