cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

computer freezing on many different ebay pages

I have a system monitor window up so I can watch my hardware activity while I'm on different pages - i.e. watch list page, purchases page, etc.

My cpu actvity goes crazy when I'm on my watch list page - to the extent that all the cpu activity freezes my computer.

At first, last week, this glitch only occured when on watch list page. It's now migrated to (old format) selling page.

It's ridiculous that I have to keep one eye on the system monitor window when doing any activity so I can quickly close browser tab when activity goes wild, and before my system freezes.

BTW I have an extremely fast computer with 8 processors. Can't imagine how others are dealing with this. Lots of references to this problem on google.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

computer freezing on many different ebay pages

I have this issue for better than a year now. I use Linux so I have no idea if they have same problem on Doze. Firefox really sux and is succumbing to bad programming and memory leaks. Without doing anything, Firefox Uses 1.4GB of memory then climbs to 1.9GB as time progresses.
CPU registers at 130% So it uses one full CPU and 30% of the other.
Really Pathetic.
A Good assembler programmer (like me) can write code that runs in 2MB and work better than this firefox memnory leak highlevel bloated programming.
You are NOT alone.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply