cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whay are a lot of my listings at or near bottom of eBay Best match Search restults? On 3 accts!!!

I have three ebay seller accts (basic ebay stores) all have 100% good feedback.  I just finished my taxes and found that after totaling up my 2017 sales, they dropped in half of my normal sales.  Mind you I have 680 ish listings (including a 4th non store seller acct.  I have had almost 800 items a few years ago.  I keep getting new stuff and listing it but does not seem to help. 

I started looking at different items in all my accts and they are way way down in the Best Match Search restults on most of the items I checked.  Even ones that are say 17 search results my item is like 12th.  one item out of 5 was last.  some 400 search matches on other ones I was in the 350-400 items diown in best match,  a few were high up on the search list.  There does not seem to be a rhyem nor reason as to the problem.

This has cost me nearly 10 grand in 2017.  Its to the point where I have a hard time just paying store fees (they went up from 16 dollars to 25 dollars for a basic store too).    Can't pay fees if I do not have the sales to back them up.  we are in 04 / 2008 and I have like 10 total sales in all accounts for this time peroid.

I do not offer returns, I thought that was the issue, so I enabled returns for 30 days and no change.  I tried best offer, no change.  I have free shipping on some items, no change.  I also tried thowing a few items into auctions, and still no joy. 

I checked friends of mine and some are in the same boat I am, others who are volume sellers seem to be selling on a daily basis. 

This is beyond frustraing at this point.  I have been selling on ebay since 1999, I am a mom & pop sseller, unless ebay search engine is fixed or get rid of best match, I do not see how I can continue here on eBay. 

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Whay are a lot of my listings at or near bottom of eBay Best match Search restults? On 3 accts!!!

I shopped a few of your items.........have you done that lately?......  all seem to be pretty high, market may have turned/or more like items listed? 

I just used a couple of keywords from your titles, and found the stuff on the lst page.......ie. Bob Hope golfer radio

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

your prices are too high. Check other sellers' prices on the same items.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply