cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Templates are gone?

eBay did it again. They totally changed site pages etc on me without any notice. I came in today to list about 11 items for auction today. Using existing templates take me 20 minutes to set these up.

I go to the "templates" page on the "Manage active listing" page the same why i do all the time and I see this brand new screen (screen shot attached-oh wait I can't now. it won't load the templates page-tried so many times!!!!!) suggesting to set up templates for listing ease and the only link or button available is "create new template". Not Good eBay!! I am now left out in the cold on this.

How the heck do I access my existing templates?:?

Without these templates it will now take me over 5 to 7 hours to list these items; wow!! I will never be able to kick my auctions off tonight in time as I have so many other things scheduled for the day.

I also tried going back from the beggining again by going to my eBay then listings then templates and once i click on the templates link it sometimes does not even go to the templates page and I have to go from the start again.

I tried going to "Help" and typed in templates and nothing at all comes up.

Please if someone knows how to access existing templates please let me know.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Templates are gone?

Try this to see if it will help...

Begin by clicking on the Sell link (next to My eBay):
IMG_3569.PNG
IMPORTANT: If you want to create a new template, be sure you Switch to the Advanced Tool so that you can use the Templates option. After you have created a Template, scroll down to your latest drafts when you need to Complete/Delete a Draft or to Create/Manage/Use your Templates. 
IMG_3644.PNG

jtzvwbug
Volunteer Responder | USA Community

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Templates are gone?

thanks for your time koffetawk

eBay said on the phone their tech department is aware of the issue. The rep was not able to give me a "work around" solution so I could access my templates that I saved already but I found one by accident.

I wanted to post the solution here in case others are having the same issue they can hopefully gain access to their saved templates with this method until eBay fixes the problem.

koffetawk just as I was following your directions I stumbled upon a solution but thank you for suggestion, it is much appreciated.

Solution:

First image is the sellers hub. Go to listing and select the "Create Listing"

Next image scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see this section. There will be a drop down box that you can click on the arrow to the right and it lists all your templates. Select your template and then click the button "Start Listing".

Note the links below the drop down box: "Manage Templates" will not function. If you use the button "Create New Template" it is telling me I have reached the max of 50 when I know I don't have that many.

To create a new template -  I have tried to create a new template from creating new listing and then on the confirmation screen clicking "Save As Template". It seems to let me do it then that template will appear in the drop down box of the second image.

Hope this helps someone

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Templates are gone?

I happened to find someone that answered a similar question ( cause I had the same problem ) and they offered this link    :::   http://cgi5.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ManageTemplate    . 

Believe it , it works. The real problem is I can't find any other way to find them . So , we are stuck with this work around. 

I know it will help , cause I have done it , but does not seem to be the EASY way it was before. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply