cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRACKING NOT ABLE TO UPLOAD TO ORDERS / WORST EBAY CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT

Hello All,

First, I'd like to start off with the issue that we have been encountering for months and without any resolution from eBay.

The issue started back in December of 2020. Where, we weren't able to upload tracking number via shipstation nor manually to the order page. No error message, right after you included tracking number, the page will simply refreshed and tracking number column is still blank. We reported the issue since then and we had to chat our way to multiple agents and got transferred to numerous departments since no one were able to understand or have the ability to solve the issue. Finally, we were transferred to someone who appeared to be a agent from the technical department saying it is a known issue and they are working on a fix. 

The negative effect of this is that our "Tracking uploaded on time and validated" has dropped nearly to a point that we would lose Top Rated Seller Status. During this time, we have sent many follow ups thru the online chat and given the SR# we were provided. it seems eBay agent does not know the detail of the SR case number and next thing you know, you had to explain yourself over and over again to numerous agent until you met someone that could understand your question. (What is the point of giving a case number if they are unable to simply type in the SR# and read thru the conversations you had with previous agents or the detail of the case)?

Today, 02/22/21. We had to contact again via online chat again since phone call is simply not available.

The chat started at exactly 1:00PM PST.

First representative, (I'll leave their name out). After trying my best to explain the issue that was described above to the agent and had provided an example of an order and it's tracking number. The agent stop responding. I was patiently waiting and after 15 minutes, the agent who were suppose to help me had left the chat and a new agent came in. WHAT IS GOING ON? Transferred me without a notice? At least give me a courtesy to let me know this is beyond your capability of resolving and you will transfer me to another agent who might be able to help.

Second representative, after the last one bailed. DID EXACTLY THE SAME THING! Can you guys imagine how furious I was at the time???

Third rep, this time, I asked for an supervisor and was told that one was not available. Of course, I did complained to him about the last two agent and was the reason I request a supervisor. Next thing you know, he sent a message saying the chat will need to be ended before an supervisor can be assign to me and will contact me via the phone # registered on the account. A second the message was sent, he ended the chat.

WOW EBAY, Look what you've become? Worst in my scenario. Definitely worst in any aspect.

My fellow eBay sellers, please share your thoughts on this. And to eBay, if you see this, your seller need your help! eBay set many rules to get its seller in compliance and us sellers are doing everything we can to help our customer or in a perspective eBay's customer happy but this is how we are being treated? Totally unacceptable. We are one of the top sellers in our categories, we paid you enough fees to deserve some help instead of keep getting push around or listening to your agents failed promises. An issue was brought to you and left unresolved after 3 months. This is just ridiculous.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

This has happened to me a few times in the last few months, too. Just a couple of times when I needed to add tracking after labels had been printed for all my other orders OR when I needed to edit tracking (put in a different tracking # than I had printed at first for whatever reason).

Since it happened a few times around the holidays I was too busy to call eBay. My remedy was not at all ideal, but here's what I did:  Wrote the buyer saying that their actual tracking # was different than what was uploaded. I would give them the true tracking # and tell them that the eBay system was repeatedly failing to "take" it, so I was giving it to them through messages instead. 

My reasoning was that *if* my late shipments (or tracking uploaded and validated metrics) were being affected I would go to the trouble to call eBay and dispute the defects by referring to the message I had sent the buyer.

It sounds like your problem is WAAAY more widespread, though, and that must be awful. It is such a helpless feeling to be in the middle of one of these quirky eBay/glitch issues... especially the ones that are so quirky and glitchy that they are near impossible to relay to CS agents and other people in general. I am currently enmeshed in a glitch where I print labels and send out orders, but then the label doesn't get linked to the proper order and eBay keeps the order and item on my "orders due to be shipped" page and I end up sending two items to buyers who have only placed one order:/.  (Not fun because all the CS agents take a long time to understand and have to agree it's weird, but they don't really know what to say to help me.)

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Our situation is way out of hand. With the amount of orders we shipped and about 100~200 orders that get affected by the tracking number not being able to upload. We just do not have the manpower to provide tracking number to buyers each and individually. The increased rate of buyer asking for their tracking number has overwhelm our customer service team and it is not likely we can hire people in midst of the pandemic (to prevent our employees from potential exposure to COVID-19)

With that said, and we try to explained our hardship to eBay. Guess what, not helping at all. We are at a point of deciding whether or not to really focus here on eBay as we do sell many various other marketplaces. I guess eBay just do not care for it's seller (speaking from personal experiences over the tenure of our business here on eBay platform). eBay customer service certainly have failed us MANY TIMES.....

Well, not favor of ranting at all, the reason for this post is to try and see if there is any eBay team member who is familiar with the issue and able to help us (confirmed a known system issue by one of the eBay customer service supervisor)

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Some discussion of this issue appears here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/REALLY-Annoying-Adding-tracking-number-does-not-register-save/...

The problem seems to be that eBay and Shipstation are not working well together.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

We have the same issue. It seems like the technical team knows about the issue but not sure the priority of a fix. We've had a support thread running since December as well and not a single one of the "not uploaded" defects are being removed and we've now lost our Top Rated Seller because of this. I can't get any update from the Seller Performance team or even contact them regarding this. Support sends claims/appeals but nothing is removed and nothing explained. I'm seeing a good lot of people having this issue now and haven't heard of one person getting any progress on this.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Nice. Thank you

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Thanks

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I really don't think shipstation has anything to do with this issue. As if Shipstation are not uploading the tracking numbers automatically, we should be able to upload them manually ourselves. In this case, no luck uploading them ourselves....

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Yes, and that is ridiculous way of losing your top rated seller status when you should not be held responsible. And no help from eBay whatsoever. We noticed the issue started in December of 2020 and made a few contacts requesting for help with our performance rate and no luck. Been following up with them for 3 months now and my last encounter has been a disaster.....

Help please?

brian@ebay 

tyler@ebay  

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

finally got an answer eBay has hard and fast rule that no tracking number can be recycled within 180 days. shipstation is currently doing that. you can check the creation date with the following link http://trktoolsio.pp.vip.ebay.com/trktools/tracking_detail?tracking_number=

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, however, when I try to click the link, it appeared to be invalid.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Recycled or not, they are valid USPS tracking numbers that the postal service generates. I have to think publicly stating they consider some tracking numbers invalid is violation of any contract/agreement ebay has in place with USPS. 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

UPDATE: The tracking numbers that are not saving to orders will also not work in an "Item not received" case. A buyer opened a INR case, we tried to add the tracking to the case and the form says invalid tracking information. The USPS website brings the tracking up just fine and shows delivered. Not only are we losing our Top Rated Status but eBay will potentially be refunding orders since the system doesn't even allow us to prove it's been shipped and delivered!

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

We have the same concern but eBay told us that if we just preemptively send emails to customer's of the affected orders after generating the shipping labels to provide them the tracking, and it's been shipped & delivered of course, they will protect us from the INR claims. Hardly changes the situation but should at least help in that scenario anyway.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

10 DAYS HAVE PASSED AND HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM EBAY. AND YET, WE ARE STILL SEEING OUR PERFORMANCE RATE DROPPING ON "Tracking uploaded on time and validated" AND MAY CAUSED US TO LOSE OUR TOP RATED SELLER STATUS DUE TO THIS ISSUE.

PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE AND HELP PLEASE!

brian@ebay 

tyler@ebay 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply