cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still can't add item to collection

Firefox 54 on Windows 7.

When I try to add an item to a collection I get an error like "There was a system error." This was an error the morning of yesterday 8/1 and it's still a problem today. This normally works with all my FF plug ins so it must be on Ebay's end.

Or could Ebay not like my VPN? My VPN was running at home and I got the error, and I'm at work without a VPN and I still get the error.

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

It's not your computer, it is probably another glitch. I get a small rectangular box with the spinning dotted wheel that goes 'round and 'round, (when it will stop, nobody knows) when I try to add to my collections.
Message 2 of 36
latest reply

I have had the same issue for 2 weeks now! Has yours resolved itself? 

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

Its 2017, late August.

**bleep** still does not work !

Ebay **bleep** !!!

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

After calling customer service about the issue, I was able to add to my collections. HOWEVER, the editing function is either not working or has changed without any announcements. I am not able to move and item to another collection, not able to move photo to first position, not able to do anything but delete an item. Starting to think that I should move anything I want to keep or copy it because I've also noticed that if I see one of my collection items on pinterest and I click on it to bring me to ebay, the ebay page sometimes shows my item, sometimes shows what they consider to be similar items (sponsored, promoted, etc) in its place. 

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

Same for me. Some items will add, but most will not. I also get the rectangular box with dot that goes round and round. I've tried waiting an hour, it never resolves itself.  Most of my collections are not full, so it isn't that.  I will email Ebay, though there is only a 1/1,000,000 chance they care.

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

still a problem on Sept 4 2017. contacted ebay and a note of the problem was sent by Alan to someone.
Message 7 of 36
latest reply

October 5th:  Still can't add

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

In my case I have noticed that I cannot add auction items but *can* add buy-it-now items.  Auction items give me the endless spinning wheel.  This problem started happing a few months back so it matches the timeline in this message thread.

If I find an auction item that I want to add to a collection, I find the equivalent buy-it-now item and make do with that.  For auction items I really want to keep track of, I use the watch list.

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

Try to relog, worked for me ^^

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

I am having the same issue Oct 17th 2017.. so frustrating ugh!

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

Not working... 10/20/17

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

10/20/17 and having this issue as well.

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

It's November and none of the workarounds work for me. I guess eBay doesn't really care.
Message 15 of 36
latest reply