cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone please help… “Looks like something's wrong. Please try again.” I CANNOT LIST ON PC Android

Let me start by saying I love selling and buying on Ebay when it works. I have been on here since 2000 and am currently a Top Rated Seller with 100% feedback and a basic store. I have been dealing with an unresolved technical issue on Ebay since October 2017 that is hindering my business and I don’t know where to turn.

Something happened on Ebay’s backend and they seem unable or unwilling to solve this error. I have been told by various reps/supervisors that it is a known issue but no one seems to have a fix to offer. Over and over I am promised a resolution but it never comes. Over and over I have to call in and speak to tons of people who can't do any troubleshooting. Over and over I am promised a callback with a resolution. Over 5 months waiting for a fix…how long should I wait before moving my business to another platform????

Here are the issues:

When I try to list through the PC, a dialog box comes up with phrase “Looks like something's wrong. Please try again.” I have tried through regular Sell Item link near My Ebay link or in the Seller Hub link. I have cleared the cache/cookies, tried other web browsers and computers. I tried to search Ebay forums and Google but cannot find a fix. This has been an issue since Oct 2017. Nothing works!

PC ERRORPC ERRORThe second issue started ever since I called on Jan 30, 2018. Since then I have been getting the following error that prevents me from listing on the Ebay Android App. “We’re sorry, there was an error. There was an internal error. Please try restarting the app.” I try to restart the app, same issue. Checked for app updates, logged out and in, reinstalled. Nothing fixes it.

Ebay Error android.jpg

Each time I call, I get the runaround and waste hours of my time with no resolution. I am bounced around from person to person. Before today, the last time I called was Jan 30, 2018. I spoke with 5 people before getting to a Supervisor. The Supervisor could not offer assistance so I asked to be transferred to someone in the Technical Support Team. She refused but promised that she had her “best 2 people” working on this and that they would take care of it. I was informed that it had been escalated to the Technical Team and that I would hear back real soon. I received a call the following day to say the case was sent to the Technical Team. Never heard back after that. No call, no email. Nada!

I again called today and was bounced around a few times. I again asked to speak with the Technical Team or a Supervisor. I was informed Supervisors were busy and they would call me back in 24 hours. After holding for about 30 minutes I hung up and decided to try my luck here.

Today marks the 6th call I have made into Ebay with no resolution. Each time I need to repeat my issue, let them see for themselves but still get no resolution. I have an Ebay Store and am paying for services I cannot utilize.

The only workaround I figured out on my own is to use Turbo Lister but that takes much longer and only works some of the time. Everything else related to buying and selling works perfectly. Just can’t list. Short of closing my account I don’t know what I can do.

Please help….

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Someone please help… “Looks like something's wrong. Please try again.” I CANNOT LIST ON PC Android

@the.sweet.spot  I am going to link your post to another thread on the same topic. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/This-is-Embarassing-Listing-tool-not-working/m-p/2824...

I suggest you reply on that the other thread and share this info so that the tech team can try to track down the issue ASAP.  

• When did this first occur?
  • What error message are you receiving?
  • Is this on a mobile device or desktop computer?
  • Which operating system and browser are you using? Which versions do you have installed?
  • Does the issue persist on additional browsers or when you are using a private/incognito window?
  • Which security software are you using? Do you have a Firewall or anti-virus program in place?
  • What Internet/mobile provider do you use?
  • What are the related item numbers?
  • Which eBay website is being used (.com, .co.uk, etc.)?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you performed?
  • What are the steps to recreate the issue?
Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I have the same experience like you, waste too much time and issue remain for months and months, ebay told me don't call back 3 months later. very incompetent service.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Have you tried signing out of all of your active devices.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Just started reading and posting on Community Boards a couple of weeks ago, due to serious frustration with Technical Issues and other concerns with eBay.  My experience is similar to yours (i.e. numerous calls, escalating to a supervisor, and no resolution or the opposite of what I was told).  

The only difference is I'm a Buyer, not a Seller, so eBay is not serving ANY of it's customer base. 

My suggestion is to escalate to a Sr. Manager, write to eBay Corporate in San Jose, CA  (where I used to live), file a complaint with the BBB, and if you're losing money due to this or eBay is not providing follow-up service as promised, file a complaint with your State Attorney General's Office, Consumer Protection Division.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

same issue here
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Here is something that I found works for this problem. When it says " there is a problem with this listing" go back to the drafts page and click the little box to the left of the item, then go up and click on 'Create a Copy'. Once you have a copy you can delete the original 'problem' listing and the new one should work just fine. I had this happen several times and tried this and it worked.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply