cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search engine is not working very well.

Even with tech support on the phone I could not get the items I had for sale to show up in the searches.  The technician seemed to be getting them okay, but he did not think this was an eBay issue and directed me to contact my own internet provider.  When I did so, that guy said it was a complaint against eBay all over the internet, on other websites complaining about this search issue on eBay.  Anyway, does anyone know if we've been hacked or gotten into malware?  By the way, I tried two devices and five different browsers with exactly the same problem, every search.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It's not a hack. It's been going on for quite a while now. You can try cleaning out your cookies which is the standard CS recommended fix. When you search your items, try it by item number. Or clean your cookies, don't log in, but do a search for your user ID. Look at your ID's listings that way. It might work. Get a friend to try searching for your items too and see what they get. If none of these things help call CS back and tell them other people can't see your listings. I hope they get this fixed soon!
=================================================
Search for Anything. 0 results.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Having the same problem today. Told to cancel auctions and relist them all. Started with 2
auctions and they did show up when I clicked on "Search other items". Then after awhile they disappeared.Will have to call support again. Was told other people were having the same problem and they were working to correct it.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply