cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIGN IN ISSUES

Any one else have technical issues signing in to account? what i mean is after i originally sign in when i click on a different catagory say purchase history or bids etc.... it makes me sign in all over again! ive ran adware scans and nothing shows up. just wondering if anyone else is having same issue?

Message 1 of 114
latest reply
113 REPLIES 113

SIGN IN ISSUES

Yeah, me too. I have to sign in over and over, every time that I switch pages. very frustrating..........

Message 2 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

If eBay keeps making you sign in, it might possibly be a result of your browser rejecting cookies, or of an old eBay cookie that is causing problems.

See this thread for further details:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Google-Chrome-Won-t-Let-Me-Login-to-My-eBay-Since-Yes...

Message 3 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

This is NOT a browser issue! This is an eBay issue! I have had this Problem, which usually eventually ends in a total lockout on the Oops page, since The beginning of June.  I haven’t been able to sign in except on an app for ove a week. This includes 2 PCs with different versions of Windows, 2 iPads using Safari, 2 laptops and 2 iPhones. It doesn’t matter whether you use IE, Google Chrome Firefox or Safari. The result is the same. It all started with requiring sign in going to certain pages from the Seller Hub. Any screen to edit a listing, create a new listing, print labels, etc required a new sign in. Eventually the accurate sign in wasn’t accepted (Oops error message). I have found a strange backdoor method to get in on my iPad but I live in fear one day it won’t work and I’ll be totally out of business. I have seen multiple other users describe this problem but no helpful responses from eBay techs. 

Message 4 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

The same sign in problem is happening to me as well It started about one week ago. Over and over and again.
Message 5 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

While it is not a browser issue and a problem on ebays part I got better results after I cleared my browser data and history. Before on edge it was not holding any info and not staying logged in. Now it is holding my user name and password but when I close edge the next time I sign on it makes me sign in again and the check box to stay signed in is no longer selected. For chrome I do not seam to have any issues but I mainly use it for international shipping labels.

Message 6 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

@mf1809

The new sign in page is apparently causing problems for some folks; most of them seem to be using Microsoft Edge or Explorer browsers. The "keep me signed in" box on the sign-in page does not seem to function correctly.

There is another "keep me signed in on this computer" checkbox in your Account: Site Preferences: Other General Preferences. Check that box and hit "Apply". It seems to work for some people.

Here is a direct link to that page, it's all the way at the bottom:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayPreferences

If the box is already checked, uncheck it, "Apply", sign out, sign back in, and recheck it, then hit "Apply" again.

Message 7 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

Thanks. it is working for now
Message 8 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

Check your site preferences it looks like when you sign out it is changing the option to keep you signed in. Even though I had that option enabled in the past it was turned off. After I turned it on using edge I was able to stay logged in even after closing my browser. However after I signed out it reverted that setting back to off. If you are using a work or friends computer to access your account when not at home and sign off on their  computer. Then when you get back home you will need to sign in then go to the preferences and turn back on the stay signed in option.

Message 9 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

same problems it get unchecked in preferences some how , never did before even when I clear history and cookies ,,, so you have to go to preferences then check keep signed in,, then log in and add a check the keep sign in box their !!! ,, works for awhile but not stable since all the new changes and pages,, like the old look better and it worked well...
Message 10 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

If you do not select to sign out it should hold but who knows if you get signed out then yes you will have to go back and reset your preferences. In another thread a ebay rep said to quit complaining. They decided it was a unneeded tool and removed it. He also made it sound like the link to sign out changing your preference would not be fixed. He said it was done to provide better security but you do not see  post about apple devices having this issue just windows based pc and android devices. Most likely they were paid to push users to switch to apple devices by providing annoying problems with other devices. Also first they change the page and produced the problem then a few days latter added the link to sign in to face book. You do not see users using facebook to sign in complaining so it is also likely that facebook also paid them to do this. If reduced sales is not a concern for ebay due to users becoming annoyed about the numerous issues they are creating. Then there has to be another source of revenue to make up or compensate ebay in return. Probably apple paid them to push other users to switch devices by creating numerous bugs on competitors devices. Then facebook paid them to push users to sign in using facebook to collect user data to sell as marketing research. You have problems and talk to a friend they say I have a iphone or ipad and don't have any of those issues so you switch. You have constant log in issues and talk to a friend they say they use facebook to log in and have no problems so you go get a facebook account and sign in. These issues they are having and not fixing point to them being intentionally created because they are being paid to disrupt services by other companies that have a vested interest in selling other devices or services.

Message 11 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

gopetersen
Rockstar

They're experimenting with different "new" sign-in pages.

As long as they're doing that, the logout will probably continue to happen.

Message 12 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

ÎI would like to go back to the days when the worst sign-on issue was how many times a day I had to do it! It seems that the new log-in screen is not working properly for some of us. For the last month I have had to sign in twice every time. The first sign-in screenwould be the new one, which never works.  The second attempt would revert to the old sign-in page, which worked. Now today I am locked out on my iPad. Only the new sign-in screen comes up every time and it never accepts the accurate information. Usually what happens next is all the other devices (laptops, PCs and iPhones) get locked out one by one. It doesn’t matter which browser I use or which device. I never sign out,  just close the session. Sometimes it is still available when I return and sometimes not. I did go into settings and recheck the field to stay signed in but it doesn’t seem to have worked. EBay, how are users supposed to buy and sell when they can’t even sign in????

Message 13 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

It doesnt matter what I do I now have to sign in  for evrything. Even when I click on keep me signed in. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!

Message 14 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

@leadele

Have you tried this?

There is another "keep me signed in on this computer" checkbox in your Account: Site Preferences: Other General Preferences. Check that box and hit "Apply". It seems to work for some people.

Here is a direct link to that page, it's all the way at the bottom:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayPreferences

Message 15 of 114
latest reply