cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted listing broken and costing sellers sales and extra fees.

Promoted listings is not working properly and is not showing my original listing in sort of best match, search only shows the promoted listing and not my original listing and that "SPONSORED" placement is near the bottom of the page.

Best match is not increasing my visibility of items as it is removing my original listing which is costing me sales and extra ebay fees as my promoted listing is the only listing shown in best match.

I spoke to customer service and they say they are aware of the problem.
I asked why ebay has not informed me and others that there was a problem.

I received no answer,but was told it would be forwarded to the proper parties.

I asked Customer Service if the extra cost that sellers are paying will be refunded since now sellers who are promoting thier listing are only getting the sponsered listing shown and if a sale is made it can only be a sponsered item.

I received no answer,but was told it would be forwarded to the proper parties.

Promoted listings is broke and has affected sales and best match placement. Ebay advertises that it increases visibility and has no effect on best match but until it is fixed that is not true.

I aslo notified Griff and hopefully that will help, but I am not holding my breath on getting Sponsered fees returned. How much money has ebay made off its sellers with this glitch?

I have turned off all of my sponsered items  but they are still showing so I chaged the end date to 04/04/17 so they should have be removed but are still showing this morning 04/05/17.

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@mallontown wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

We’ve become aware of a recent technical issue related to our promoted listings offering. On March 31, we rolled out a routine product update on the marketplace. After the rollout, the ‘promoted listing’ appeared properly, but a subset of users experienced a scenario where their listing was not visible in organic search. We are currently working on a fix to address the underlying problem. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Impacted sellers will be refunded the promoted listing fees starting from 3/31 until such time as the fix is complete.

Thanks for the update Trinton. 

I think it would be helpful to talk in laymans terms as I had to search what "organic search" was.

Basically its when a person does a search on ebay  by way of ebays search engine Cassini. Please let me know if I am wrong.

Also when you say subset that can mean 1 out of 1000 sellers .01% or 999 out of 1000 sellers 99.99% or anthing in between 1 and 999 sellers. 

So what it the subset by percent?

I have done many searches since I became aware of this problem and in all cases, 100%, I could not find 1 seller who has a promoted listing that is showing up correctly with both the original listing and the "SPONSERED" listing both on the best match sort page.

That being said I find it commendable that ebay is going to do whats right and are owning the error by refunding all sellers who have experienced this problem.

Hey everyone, I was just wanted to share an update about this. We've got the issue resolved at this time. If you did not receive an email and you feel you were impacted by the search issue, I recommend you contact customer support (http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cuhome?from_ocs=1)

to have this reported on so we can make sure all appropriate credits are applied!

Additionally, I'm not able to share specific percentages but can confirm that "organic search" refers to the normal search process through the search bar on the site.

Thanks again for the update Trinton. 

I did not receive any email from ebay and was impacted.

Like I stated before  100% of the listings I searched  had the issue. I checked literally over 50 auctions  over 4 days and every seller that had a promoted item had this issue. There were no auctions that showed properly and all sellers should be refunded.

What is ebay doing for the thousands of sellers who had this issue who ans who were not aware of it because ebay does not make sellers/buyers aware of technical issues?

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

We’ve become aware of a recent technical issue related to our promoted listings offering. On March 31, we rolled out a routine product update on the marketplace. After the rollout, the ‘promoted listing’ appeared properly, but a subset of users experienced a scenario where their listing was not visible in organic search. We are currently working on a fix to address the underlying problem. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Impacted sellers will be refunded the promoted listing fees starting from 3/31 until such time as the fix is complete.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it would be helpful to talk in laymans terms as I had to search what "organic search" was.

Basically its when a person does a search on ebay  by way of ebays search engine Cassini. Please let me know if I am wrong.

Also when you say subset that can mean 1 out of 1000 sellers .01% or 999 out of 1000 sellers 99.99% or anthing in between 1 and 999 sellers. 

I have done many searches since I became aware of this problem and in all cases, 100%, I could not find 1 seller who has a promoted listing that is showing up correctly with both the original listing and the "SPONSERED" listing both on the best match sort page.

That being said I find it commendable that ebay is going to do whats right and are owning the error by refunding all sellers who have experienced this problem.

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mallontown wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone, I was just wanted to share an update about this. We've got the issue resolved at this time. If you did not receive an email and you feel you were impacted by the search issue, I recommend you contact customer support (http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cuhome?from_ocs=1)

to have this reported on so we can make sure all appropriate credits are applied!

Additionally, I'm not able to share specific percentages but can confirm that "organic search" refers to the normal search process through the search bar on the site.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@mallontown wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks again for the update Trinton. 

I did not receive any email from ebay and was impacted.

Like I stated before  100% of the listings I searched  had the issue. I checked literally over 50 auctions  over 4 days and every seller that had a promoted item had this issue. There were no auctions that showed properly and all sellers should be refunded.

What is ebay doing for the thousands of sellers who had this issue who ans who were not aware of it because ebay does not make sellers/buyers aware of technical issues?

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

It isn't fixed on eBay.co.uk.  It was first reported over a month ago by many sellers and we have continued to ask for updates since then.  Only promoted listing showing on best match search and standard non promoted listing disappeared.  If you put the item number into search, the listing is not there - only the sponsored one.  Why have sellers experiencing this problem on Uk site not been compensated? 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

B.U.L.L.C.R.A.P.

Read this post here

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/MASSIVE-BUG-OVER-500-PAID-INTERNATIONAL-ITEMS-NOT-SHOW...

There IS in fact a massive bug on eBay, spanning MONTHS. They charge you upgrade (and even regular listing) fees, but it won't deliver. Which means you basically pay for nothing.. But ebay has yet to fix the problem after months. 

It is illegal for ebay to NOT deliver on a listing upgrade or even the base listing fee.  You can't steal peoples' money. You pay for listing/upgrade, it HAS to appear, there is no excuse.  Or they have to refund the fee.. But ebay doesn't..  

REF ID#1-122604903850

AND

REF ID# 1-122876676260

By the way PLEASE review my 6 hours of tech support calls.. 

Support are OUTRIGHT MORONS.. yes. really, not just trashing them. 

Took me 5 minutes to recite the URL to stores.ebay.co.uk because the tech support  had no idea.

On top of that, the SUPERVISOR.. YES SUPERVISOR got into a verbal arguement with me saying that "ebay does not allow searching by item ID". i had to almost start yelling at him to take a few seconds and enter 12 numbers into the search box to see I was right.

Your support minions need training. They don't escalate technical issues and pull all kinds of  made up reasons right from their a$$es. 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Pinging important tech support tickets back to top of thread

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@luxurybrandsliquidator wrote:

Pinging important tech support tickets back to top of thread

this issue was fixed...........it doesn't help your problem to bring up old threads............

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

This issue is a recurring one. It's not fixed. It is happening on a very large scale right now. I personally was charged 100s this month for listing fees and upgrades that were not honored. This isn't a dead issue. It's very much alive. And ebay treats it with complete carelessness.  

If this bug was fixed, then they have a massive regression problem. A bug doesn't happen to an account, it's affects many more than just sellers who report (or even notice).

Today, a manager told me that MINIMUM 2 weeks before there is news on a bug fix. He also told me that ebay will keep charging for it. I documented the call/info on:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/MASSIVE-BUG-OVER-500-PAID-INTERNATIONAL-ITEMS-NOT-SHOW...

The only way ebay will notice is if they keep seeing it.. because support aren't qualified to handle this.. They are too lazy to really look into it, and too incompetent. On my thread, i even pasted the full email response from an arrogant support drone, blaming me for the bug and telling me that i was not entitled to a refund.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

issue still not resolved. Spoke with CS and was told today they have had thousand of complaints about this

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Yep - broke again for me a few days ago- still down - and when this tool is broken - eBay posts a banner message stating that only impression data cannot be shown- which from my viewpoint is not enitrely true.  I think impression data is accurate and its not functioning.  I'm unable to find my listings being promoted on any page and views are significantly down; so i find it hard to believe that only impression data display has been impacted here.  I'm not wasting my breath calling customer service this time either - they wont do anything.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I am finding promoted listing barely showing up when searches are done. I believe the problem started when they moved markdown manager into the Promoted Listings. Every since then visibility has gone down significantly.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Please help! I have used promoted listings since September. They worked well for me and I noticed many sponsored listings showing when I did a search. Then close to the end of September or beginning of October I saw a significant drop. Now I have only a half dozen out of a 100 items shoing up with a promoted listing when a search is done. It seems it started when Markdown Manager was moved into the Promotions module. I know that should have nothing to do with the issues I complain about, but the timeline coincides. 

Please tell me how I can get my sponsored listings showing up again on the front pages of a search. 

Thanks!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply