cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listings Won't Launch/Select

I have just discovered the promoted listings campaigns and I decided to start one. I selected my auctions and set the ad rate and when I get to the final page, I'm unable to select "More Options" drop down, unable to check mark the "I agree..." box and therefore unable to launch the campaign. 

I tried on both Chrome and Firefox and the seam results.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

I don't see a store?  Don't think you can do it without one? 

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Unfortunately, no ideas other than to try another browser. PL dashboard works fine for me in Firefox 31 (but I'm established and accepted the terms long ago which is where you're getting stuck)

Can you post a screenshot of the page where you are stalling out?
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Store promotions (I think that's what they are called) are for store holders.

OP is referring to Promoted listings - the eBay bribe system available to all? sellers. TRS and Anchor store holders get some quarterly credits for the PL fees $30 for TRS and $25 for Anchor store holders (stackable if TRS too)
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

I can change the name of the campaign in the text box, but when I click on "More Options" nothing happens and I can't check mark the box to agree to the terms.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

I take it the More options dropdown just plays dead? And the "I agree...." checkbox won't check?

The "more options" is just start and end date settings which default to start now and no end date (continuous). You could just ignore "more options" for now and fix those settings later after launching the campaigns if need be.

On mine. the "I agree..." checkbox is pre-checked (since I agreed months ago) but uncheckable if I want to see the red warning error on attempted campaign launch.

I tried a test campaign launch in both FF31 and FF52.2.1 and seemed to work fine.

Guessing your using Windows 10 with latest versions of Chrome and Firefox?

Answers to my questions above will help me understand a bit more, but likely aren't going to solve anything. I'm guessing the Promoted listings dashboard doesn't like your new version browsers (although I'd think there would be more howls of despair if that were happening.)

If that is the case, you could try downloading and installing Firefox Portable 52.7.3ESR (latest updated March 2018 version of that older Firefox version) and try it for accessing you PL dashboard and setting up promotions.

It's a portable version, so fully self contained, doesn't use the registry or do anything to the system (designed to be installable on flash/thumb drives) :
https://sourceforge.net/projects/portableapps/files/Mozilla%20Firefox%2C%20Portable%20Ed./Mozilla%20...

As I type this in FF31, I also have FF2.0, FF3.6.24 (3 instances), FF11, and FF40 portable versions running for different tasks (7 browsers working, and yes, available memory is very low 🙂

You won't be able to run FF52 at the same time as the regular version you have installed without tweaking a couple of config files, but you could exit your regular FF, fire this one up, and give the PL thing a try (I can guide you through tweaking it to run at the same time as your regular version if needed - fairly simple procedure outlined in post #1 here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Selling/Firefox-PayPal-Shipping-Label-Printing-Problems-With-N...)

A long shot would be to try "manually" checking the checkbox. Hit the tab key on the keyboard until the "I agree...." text is selected (in my FF it gets a dotted border), then hit the spacebar. That might check the checkbox, and then you could launch. (doubt that will work, but it costs nothing to try.)
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

I just checked the Help page for Promoted Listings and it says without a store you need to use what they are calling Promoted Listings Lite and it does have some restrictions.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

I am just trying Promoted Listing Lite and it'll cost me 7.5% if it sells. But the item (2007 CD) is on like page 4. Just giving it a whirl.
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Thank you for trying to help. I downloaded FF Portable and it's doing the same thing. 😞 Also updated Chrome, no dice.

I noticed that the Back button doesn't work either. Tab won't select any of them. I don't know what else to do. 😞

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

I tried to use the Lite version but it specifically says if you are a TRS OR have a store, you use the regular version.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Darn.

What version of FF Portable did you try? FF52 and not one of the newer ones like FF56 or FF59 right?

Because whole point of the exercise is to avoid the incompatibilities/problems those newer versions introduce, An example of that is that my Firefox 31 formhistory works for remembering feedback comments with the new eBay feedback page - newer versions (FF52? and up) don't. Haven't taken the time to figure out what with version it started failing or how to work around it)

Just going to say that updating Chrome was probably not a solution - it is the newer versions that introduce these problem and Google isn't working on fixing things that just happen to bot work with eBay's wonky code (they are not going to fix or update anything unless it's a major issue at numerous websites)

Does any button or link on the page work? I ask because it's sounding like an issue I run into a lot using older browsers with scripting blocked via Noscript addon. Web developers have started using z-index features a lot more (layers on the webpages. Things like a pale gray page overlay with a floating white popup dialog). When I defang the websites by blocking all the ads and most of the scripts, sometimes I end up with an orphaned overlay that blocks accesss to the underlying page. I deal with it either by hitting the escape key (dismisses whatever hidden dialog is holding things up) or using a Firefox addon I've used for over a decade called Nuke Anything Advanced (right click on page objects or selections and remove them (great for setting up print versions minus ads and headers and footers, etc). When I think that's what's wrong with a page, with NAA I right click on the page and nuke the object. If it was a transparent overlay, it just goes away and the page then works, if it wasn't an overlay issue and is something else, the whole page is removed (another right click and "undo last remove" undoes that booboo)

Try hitting the escape key while stuck on the PL page and see if it comes to life.

Another wild shot is to disable Norton, or McAffee, or whatever intrusive Antivirus you might be using while on the page, reload the page via CTRL-R to get an un-cached reload, and see if that's it.
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

@tori_729 wrote:

I tried to use the Lite version but it specifically says if you are a TRS OR have a store, you use the regular version.

But this is what I see when I look at the Help page for Promoted Listings:

If you have an eBay store, the full Promoted listings tool is included in your store subscription. If you don't have a store, you can still promote your eligible listings with Promoted listings lite.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

I'm confused about your point about PL-Lite.

Both OP and I are TRS, presumably* use the regular PL tool, and OP's screenshot is the same as my view (except mine works).

*I don't use the Quick Listing tool so have to assume the PL dashboard and PL campaign tool I see are the "regular" tool.

What does PL-lite have to do with this? Genuinely puzzled.
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:
I'm confused about your point about PL-Lite.

Both OP and I are TRS, presumably* use the regular PL tool, and OP's screenshot is the same as my view (except mine works).

*I don't use the Quick Listing tool so have to assume the PL dashboard and PL campaign tool I see are the "regular" tool.

What does PL-lite have to do with this? Genuinely puzzled.

Sorry, I'm just quoting what is shown in this Help Page for Promoted Listings. It is in the new format for the Help Pages so I'm assuming it is correct and up to date:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/promoted-listings?id=4164&st=3&pos=1&query=P...

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

No need to be sorry. I was unaware there even was a PL-Lite before you mentioned it, and I had not seen the new help page.

Having said that, I looked at the new help page and it contradicts reality and past info as far as I can see. I don't use seller hub and don't have a store and have no idea what the PL tool looks like from those. According to the help page, I'm not eligible to use the full tool (but I think I do). I don't use the quick listing tool, and I set my own promotion rates which if I read it correctly, is not how the PL-Lite tool works.

I'm sticking with the assumption that both OP and I are using the "regular PL-tool, and that this is a browser issue for OP.

I'm now thinking since OP is just starting with PL, and has not yet agreed to the PL terms, that maybe eBay is throwing up some sort of overlay popup terms and conditions or info dialog that isn't appearing/is invisible due to a browser issue.
Message 15 of 21
latest reply