cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listings - Eligible, Not Clearing in Quick Filters

Over the last 2 days, all my new listings are showing as eligible to promote even though they are promoted in the listing. When I click "promote listing", it says they are not eligible. This typically happens but clears about 5 minutes after I've listed the item. Now, none are clearing, even after a full 24 hours. I've been promoting listings for over a year now and have never run into this. Has anyone else run into this? (I only use my desktop for listing, not the app).

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Promoted Listings - Eligible, Not Clearing in Quick Filters

I've been experiencing the same problem since early yesterday on both current listings and new listings. 

brian@ebay 

Are there any known technical issues with promoting listings right now?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I just listed a couple of new ones and the same thing is happening.  I've experienced similar problems a couple of times in the past, but they have usually corrected within a few hours.  Hopefully, they will fix this issue soon. 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I thought it was just me. I was listing in some new categories and it wouldn't let me promote any of the listings. This has been happening for the last two days.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I'm having a similar problem.  Last night I promoted 7 new listings (all via desktop computer, as always)... and today's "Manage Active Listings" page still tells me the group of items is flagged as "Promoted Listings - Eligible"... but when I try to do that... there are no available items to promote.  GRRRRRR!!  I finally went ahead and cancelled one of my two campaigns... just to see if I could let them clear and start a new campaign.

Once I cancelled the campaign, the system asked if I wanted a report on that campaign.  After reviewing the data in the report (approx 200 listings)... I found that the system had entirely dropped the title and most other misc information from approx. half of the report.  In essence, there is no way to track what was being promoted!  (no wonder sales are down!!)

Bottom line... after waiting for an extended period for the eBay servers to "cycle" and clear the old campaign... now I'm stuck.  It says that my entire inventory (496 items) has been promoted... even though half of those items were in the campaign that was cancelled in an attempt to clear the problem.  Until that information is cleared... there is no way to launch a new campaign to cover those items.

I've been managing "promoted listings" (aka "advertising dashboard) for several years... and have never seen anything like this.  Doesn't seem to be any valid excuse as to why eBay is still silent on this  issue.  I won't even attempt to contact Customer Support.  The decline in service over the past month has rendered the service as worthless.  They now transfer 100% of my inquiries to offshore personnel who have far less experience than I have... and are extremely difficult to understand with such heavy foreign accents.  (performance grade:  ZERO!).  Clearly, English is not their first language and yet they're the best that eBay now offers.  At this point... I just have to approach eBay as if they no longer offer Customer Support.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Same issue here!

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Found your info very helpful.  I tried something and it worked for me.  I went back into my listings and revised each listing individually to NOT PROMOTE down at the listing form.  I then brought up my active list that showed the items as eligible to be promoted.  I changed each listing individually through the eligible list and did the promote piece like I was doing it from scratch.  I've tried it on 2 listings and its worked so far.  It looks like the section on the bottom of the listing form is not connecting to the campaign, so you have to find another way to get to it.  Don't know if this helps anyone, but thought I would share it....

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

This worked for me as well, but ONLY if I went into each listing individually, removed the promotion, then clicked on "Promote" as you suggested. I tried to bulk edit, remove from all, then add to all,  but it didn't work. Thank you!!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I finally went ahead and made an attempt to contact Customer Support in regard to this issue.

The agent indicated that mine was the first report of trouble with Promoted Listings... Other than that, he knew nothing of the problem and had no recommendations for the issue.  When I shared with him that several others had already reported the matter on the Discussion Forum for Technical Issues he seemed surprised to hear it, but thanked me for the information and indicated that he would add it to his trouble ticket.

While the formerly cancelled campaign finally cleared and we re-launched a brand new campaign... there is still a problem with the eBay Seller Hub / Manage Active Listings page.  There are 7 items listed as "Promoted Listings - Eligible"... but they've already been promoted.  We ended these 7 listings yesterday when the problem was first noticed... and we listed them as brand new listings (via "Sell Similar" so as not to confuse with a re-list)... and then we successfully (supposedly) promoted all seven.  The "Advertising Dashboard" indicates that the campaign includes this group... while the Seller Hub /  "Manage Active Listings" page says they are not promoted; still eligible for promotion.

I understand that we're trying to address this issue on a weekend... but so what?!  eBay needs to step up!  At the very minimum, just acknowledge that the problem is actually being addressed.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

You nailed it.  Congratulations on figuring it out.  Would have been nice if Customer Support had the same ability to resolve matters like this... and eBay will still need to address the glitch... but YOU are the hero of the day.  All the glitches have been manually cleared from our campaign... and promoted again to the same campaign... and things seem to be working correctly now.  Thank you!!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

We are unable to bulk edit this issue away, as well.  Very frustrating.  

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

It appears that the "Promoted Listings - Eligible" function was repaired this morning.  No response at all from eBay... but I was able to successfully add new items to an existing campaign without jumping through hoops to do so.  It worked today exactly as it should.  Just fyi...

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Sorry to take so long getting back!! I didn't have any notifications that anyone was commenting on my post.

I chatted with customer service and they said it was a known issue. Then I chatted with eBay for Business on Facebook and they had never heard of it.

What I ended up doing (and it worked for me) was to bulk edit and turn off all promoted listings. When I tried to bulk edit and turn them back on it wouldn't work. But then I was able to promote in the PL column on the seller hub listings page. I has to do each one individually. Ugh. I have 613 listings so what a pain in the butt. Hope you don't have a lot more than that. After doing it that way everything has been working fine and new listings are promoting as they should. Its been 2 days now and still fine. I think they had a PL update of some sort in April so maybe something got stuck. Hopefully, they fix it. eBay for Business asked for all the details on how I fixed it so they could pass it on to tech support.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I was able to get everything running again... but only after jumping thru hoops, as you described.  The problem is that the various groups within eBay are not talking to each other.  One would think that by reporting the problem to Customer Support... their personnel would have access to all seller-reported issues in this regard.  Unfortunately, they don't talk to each other... and there is clearly a hierarchy within eBay's support and tech teams... with support having minimal information as to what the tech engineers are doing to correct a problem.  It just seemed like a difficult and unnecessary exercise in regard to "promoted listings."  Most notably... my impressions (promoted) over the past week were reported as up yesterday by 14% (somehow reduced overnight to up by less than 1%) ... but my promoted sales over the past week are down by 67%!  Yes... I'm thinking there may be a connection.  I'm a top rated seller... with no limitations placed on my account (ever!)  This just makes no sense...  No sales in 3 days (since noon on May 2).

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi @kym219 it looks like your issues have been resolved, as we are seeing all of your active promotions listed at this time. Please let us know if you do experience any other issues and we can dig into your account. Thanks!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply