cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures deleted from newly re-listed items!! Whats going on???

This has been reported on the seller board. All of my (and many others) newly re-listed items have the photos deleted. The thumbnail photo still shows, but when you go into the listing, there are no photos.

A few of my affected items are:

Can anyone from ebay find out what's going on and if our photos can be recovered?

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

I'm hoping the can recover these pictures because if not I'm going to lose thousands in labor costs, not to mention the sales it's already impacting.

Message 16 of 65
latest reply

@urban_picker wrote:

I'm hoping the can recover these pictures because if not I'm going to lose thousands in labor costs, not to mention the sales it's already impacting.

Agreed. This is just another eBay tech disaster.

I don't understand how such a wealthy company hires such incompetent people.

And guess who is paying for this? Us sellers!

And to top it off, we're paying to have to do double work!

Get it together eBay!

Message 17 of 65
latest reply

Yes i noticed this morning ive been adding pictures as they are being relisted , these items are also not due to be relisted , ive been hours doing it this morning and im still doing it now GRRRRR

Message 18 of 65
latest reply

This problem is obviously site wide with GTC listings. Those with stores. Those without stores. It has been going on for over 24 hours. Sellers that do not check each listing when it relists are undoubtedly not aware of the problem since the thumbnail still shows in our active listings overview in the seller's hub AND (in the case of stores) the main photo shows in gallery view but zip if you click on the listing.

WE WANT SOME ANSWERS FROM THE TECH TEAM OR AT LEAST A GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM. YES, I AM YELLING. SORRY. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE RESPONSE TO A HUGE PROBLEM.

Radine

Message 19 of 65
latest reply

Me too!

Please eBay sort this ASAP!!

Listings currently affected

Undoubtedly the list will grow before this is resolved. I was told when I phoned that the photos would be restored when issue has been sorted. That's good news if it happens but until then I and many others are paying for what?? Come on eBay......

Message 20 of 65
latest reply

Same here. All my listings are effected. Ebay customer service gave me a ticked and told to call in few days.

What do I do in the meantime? Will pictures will be re-stored? I can't imagine manually re-listing and adding pictures every item, that's just ridiculious. At least lest us know if the issue is being fixed and time frame.  

Message 21 of 65
latest reply

Do we get a discount on seller fees while we are not able to make sales because photos are not showing in listings?

Message 22 of 65
latest reply

Same here. Same types of problems. Hundreds of photos were taken from listings that now only show a thumbnail pic. They won't fix it.

Message 23 of 65
latest reply

I have noticed that the Bulk Editing Tool of Selling Manager Pro cannot catch this issue with the lost pictures. When I tried to edit manually some of the affected listings, I found the pictures attached, so probably for this reason the Bulk Editing Tool cannot catch this issue.

Anyway, I managed to solve the problem myself to some extent, as I'm suffering significnt drop on sales since 15-Jun. But, eBay should definitely take action on this, as reloading the pictures requires heavy manual work especially for large inventories.

Message 24 of 65
latest reply

Same problems here (And also very slow sales).
We have over 1500 listings, all GTC...would like to know what is going on here. After paying nearly 3K in fees this month, I dont think thats alot to ask. Now that I think about it, can I make most of my 3K in fees dissapear too?

Message 25 of 65
latest reply

Same issue here , were you able to find out anuthing ? 

Message 26 of 65
latest reply

As of 4pm Saturday EST relisted items have pictures, however for the previous 46.5 hours relisted items have no pictures. For me that's about 400 listings without pictures.

I hope that eBay still has those pictures.

Message 27 of 65
latest reply

@Anonymous

We need some guidance on this issue asap.  I am getting no sales on these GTC listings and all the photos are still missing on all listings that roll.

Photos are important and a huge part of the work that goes into listing here.  We need to have this fixed or told what to do if it can't be fixed.

Message 28 of 65
latest reply

We lost over 1,000 listings worth of photos. Sad thing is we deleted a good amount of photos off of our harddrives. Really regret that decision now. 

Message 29 of 65
latest reply

I agree we need some guidance from Ebay. I read one sellers post that called Ebay and they were told DON'T revise the listing it will just mess it up when they do fix it. This will take hours of work to re upload all these pictures into over 100 listings, so I don't want to waste all this time doing that if all the sudden they fix it and it removes all the work I did again. But those listing have already been 3 days without pictures, how much longer should we wait? Our sales were horrible to begin with, this is definitely not helping. Please tell us what we should be doing?

Message 30 of 65
latest reply