cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal checkout not working

Anyone else unable to make purchases with PayPal now ???

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Me too for the past two days I can't checkout with PayPal, all I get is a blank square with a wheel going round both at home and at work 😞
Message 2 of 29
latest reply

I had auctions that ended earlier today. No one was able to pay automatically via PayPal until I sent them an invoice. The shipping calculator was all messed up as well - buyers were sending questions about shipping prices when it should have been right there for them.  It was a mess.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

I realize I'm responding to an old post but I have been experiencing this issue since yesterday.  I have 5 items in my cart that I haven't been able to purchase.  EBay said it was because of higher transaction volume or traffic and said to try later.  It's just after 5 AM here and this problem continues.  Not good EBay.  Not good.   I will have to complete my purchase on Amazon.   In addition, sales are just about flat during the busiest time of year.  I suspect I am not the only one experiencing problems at checkout.

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

@wbattles wrote:

I had auctions that ended earlier today. No one was able to pay automatically via PayPal until I sent them an invoice. The shipping calculator was all messed up as well - buyers were sending questions about shipping prices when it should have been right there for them.  It was a mess.

I had that problem too.

Invoice fixed it.

2018079.jpg

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

@netbookswarehouse

Where in the checkout are you running into problems?

Just a few random things to try to get you through the log jam:

Try checking out with the app if you have it on your phone.

On your computer, sign out of eBay, and then sign back in.

Open a new browser tab and sign in to paypal. Try again. Some folks in similar situations have reported that explicitly signing in to paypal helped them.

Try a different browser. Or a different computer if possible.

Unless the items in your cart are all from the same seller, try to purchase them separately; try going through the item page or your purchase history page, rather than the cart. Often, a problem with one item can prevent all the others in your cart from completing checkout.

If you have committed to purchasing already, see if any of the sellers have sent an invoice and try to pay using that.

If you haven't committed to purchasing yet, sign in to ebay.ca or ebay.co.uk, and try to check out from that site instead. Make sure you don't purchase the same items twice, however! Carts on different sites are entirely separate.

If any of that helps, or if the problem just goes away, please post so others in the same situation can figure out how best to proceed.

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

None of that worked. I placed an order elsewhere. I used Paypal for one of the orders, so I don't believe it's a Paypal issue. The rest of my Items I ordered from Amazon.
Message 7 of 29
latest reply

try opening your paypal account first, then do what you have to. When I went to pay monthly fees and then another day pay for a shipping label, all I got was a spinning wheel. I opened my paypal both times and suddenly I was able to pay fees and pay for label.

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

The blue endlessly spinning wheel is happening to me, I can only check out with a debt card... and the reps at paypal and ebay are no help... ive done ALL the work arounds posts around the internet and nothing works

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Having the same problem 2 days ago it was workingfine.
Now all I get is a spinning circle.
If I go directly to Paypal I can login fine
Ebay better fix ths
Message 10 of 29
latest reply

I have tried different browsers an 4 different computers

cache, cookies ,all cleared ,It will not connect to paypal, all I get is a spinning circle

Something is wrong it worked 2 days ago for my last purchase

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

I'm experiencing the same issue and have tried different browsers, laptops, and a smartphone over the last 2 days with no resolve. I believe this a paypal issue as the same perpetual spinning wheel happens when I try to access my paypal smart connect account. 

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

I have been trying for two days and I can’t pay for something I made an offer on ugh! 

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

I am having the same issue! it is very frustrating and nothing is working! I can sign on to paypal separately, but not when "buying it now" etc. I get the spinning wheel and....nothing....
Message 14 of 29
latest reply

I've had the same eternal spinning wheel when trying to pay with paypal problem since 6/19/2019.  I've tried every trouble shooting option I can think of - different browser - restarting computer - going to the paypal site and signing in there first - and nothing makes any difference.

Message 15 of 29
latest reply