cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMOTIONS MANAGER: Sale + Markdown Event NOT Working! Shows ZERO Items!

I've had 5 Sales going on for quite awhile, all ending on same date/time, and I always follow the same procedure when they end: I 'Copy' each ended sale so I don't have to select the items again, set the start/end times and Launch.

Did that this morn with all 5 as per usual, but when they became Active, each showed Zero for the # of Items in the sale. I clicked on the Zero and below is an example of what I saw:

Untitled.jpg

These "Skipped" Items were selected to be in the sale! All 5 Sales are showing ALL my selections as "Skipped!" This has never happened before and I've been launching these sales for at least 6 months. Further, there's no way that I know of to delete these faulty sales. Perhaps @Anonymous can shed some light on this new problem/error.

Message 1 of 271
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

They changed it in the summer update.  If you list a new item...you have to wait 14 days to put it on sale.  I'm also thinking if I'm reading it right, that if your item was on sale and the sale ended, that you still have to wait 14 days to put it on sale again.  But right before the sale ends, you can go in there and extend it by changing the end date and time...just can't change the % off. 

Last night I relisted some items and tried to put them on sale to see what happens and I have the same thing happen, it skips the items.  This change sucks big time and it's going to be a mess!  I would put items on sale by catagory, but now it's not going to be every item in the catagory on sale...just a hodge podge of things.  Last week I went through all my listings and dropped prices knowing this change was coming and that I can't count on Promotions Manager to drop prices...I always had my listing prices increased a little for the reason of putting items on sale.

This is from eBay summer update:

Starting June 25, 2018, you must list your item for 14 calendar days at the same price before you can create a markdown sale event with Promotions Manager.

We recommend that you list your item at a competitive price before you create a markdown sale event. For many products, pricing recommendations are provided as you list and under the Growth tab in Seller Hub.

Learn more about pricing strategies.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 271
latest reply
270 REPLIES 270

You're not the only one!  I made 3 attempts to put my entire store on sale, 25% off, each time it "skipped" all of my items except the ones I already had on sale, which was fine.  But not one of the markdown sales had any items in it, what's going on, time is money, Ebay, please fix this!

Message 2 of 271
latest reply

Thanks for replying...was wondering if this was happening to anyone else.

Message 3 of 271
latest reply

yes this is happening to me as well. doesn't matter the duration of the sale or how long the items have been on ebay. just says "skipped: price" on every item. I was not looking forward to their changing requirements because I knew there might be issues 😞

Hope they resolve quick since this will hurt my sales

Message 4 of 271
latest reply

They changed it in the summer update.  If you list a new item...you have to wait 14 days to put it on sale.  I'm also thinking if I'm reading it right, that if your item was on sale and the sale ended, that you still have to wait 14 days to put it on sale again.  But right before the sale ends, you can go in there and extend it by changing the end date and time...just can't change the % off. 

Last night I relisted some items and tried to put them on sale to see what happens and I have the same thing happen, it skips the items.  This change sucks big time and it's going to be a mess!  I would put items on sale by catagory, but now it's not going to be every item in the catagory on sale...just a hodge podge of things.  Last week I went through all my listings and dropped prices knowing this change was coming and that I can't count on Promotions Manager to drop prices...I always had my listing prices increased a little for the reason of putting items on sale.

This is from eBay summer update:

Starting June 25, 2018, you must list your item for 14 calendar days at the same price before you can create a markdown sale event with Promotions Manager.

We recommend that you list your item at a competitive price before you create a markdown sale event. For many products, pricing recommendations are provided as you list and under the Growth tab in Seller Hub.

Learn more about pricing strategies.

Message 5 of 271
latest reply

I have same issue. I tried to use markdown manager last night. I was allowed to select all 56 items most were all listed for close to a month. I wake up this morning not one item is on sale. So, i try to create another sale.  The sale goes into effect not one item is listed as on Sale.  This is complete and utter rubbish.   What are idiot Ebay programmers doing and who is making these crazy decisions about the 14 day rule.  Is someone literally sitting down and figuring out every way Ebay can be destroyed because that is what you are doing.  Sellers are like the enemies of EBay and we make you all  billions of dollars.  Summer Seller rip off.  What are you people doing????  Why do i have to waste one second on technical difficulties.  Isnt that What the Ebay seller community pays Ebay to do keep the website a functional operation.  Anyone have any solutions?  

Message 6 of 271
latest reply

So if you have to have the same price for at least 14 days then you cant do 2 sales in one month...Maybe this is why my items were skipped...this is crazy...inventory changes prices change margins change. Im sure many people can do well in the begining of a month and then take less profit just to move inventory as i do for 6 years.   Did the new people at ebay even ever run a business.  Do they even understand any business practice at all about making money...So like for me if i do really well in the beginning of the month ill put things on sale because i do not need to try to make as much profit on sitting items...Maybe eBay should just give up on US sellers and just be chinese junk distributor they seem to be aiming for....

Message 7 of 271
latest reply

@amqueberg

"Starting June 25, 2018, you must list your item for 14 calendar days at the same price before you can create a markdown sale event with Promotions Manager."

Thank you for posting - that explains the issue. Unfrickingbelievable and yet ANOTHER eBay BLOW knocking me to the floor. Feeling bruised and battered and may just lie here for awhile until I've got the strength to pull myself up by my boot straps in order to find another place to sell that actually facilitates selling as opposed to obstructing it...sigh. If it ain't broke, don't fix it - well it's broken now, for sure.

Message 8 of 271
latest reply

I know.  Of alllllllll the changes they've put me through, this one is the worst.  My mind is blown right now.  They must want people to pay more for their "promoted listings" feature than use the sale option that WAS included in our store subscription for free.  

Message 9 of 271
latest reply

And furthermore, SALES SELL! I'd say 50% of my sales happen the day my Promo Sales end (once a week). Sales have a psychological effect on many buyers and some cannot pass one up. I've truly known people who buy something they don't even need simply because it was on sale, for crying out loud.

eBay, WHY DO YOU KEEP CIRCUMVENTING MY SALES STRATEGIES? This 14 day waiting **bleep** will negatively affect my income. So I'm wondering, do I leave my pricing the same and wait the 14-fricking-days to create a sale OR lower my prices and NEVER have a sale again??? I'm thinking the latter as visting the promo mgr again is only going to make my blood boil!

Message 10 of 271
latest reply

I cannot create any kind of sale event with or without items that were listed within the 14 day period. I have advertised a School's Out sale on all my social media and can't create the **bleep** sale, everything is skipped no matter what I do. Where are the tech people?

Message 11 of 271
latest reply

Also, I just recently watched a "webinar" recommended to me by the ebay support people about "promoted listings" and was told by them that they would be more successful if the "promoted" items were on "sale". So how are we supposed to do that now?

Message 12 of 271
latest reply

@wendyleez

"Also, I just recently watched a "webinar" recommended to me by the ebay support people about "promoted listings" and was told by them that they would be more successful if the "promoted" items were on "sale". So how are we supposed to do that now?"

Really...HELLO???

Message 13 of 271
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bauble-babes wrote:

I've had 5 Sales going on for quite awhile, all ending on same date/time, and I always follow the same procedure when they end: I 'Copy' each ended sale so I don't have to select the items again, set the start/end times and Launch.

Did that this morn with all 5 as per usual, but when they became Active, each showed Zero for the # of Items in the sale. I clicked on the Zero and below is an example of what I saw:

Untitled.jpg

These "Skipped" Items were selected to be in the sale! All 5 Sales are showing ALL my selections as "Skipped!" This has never happened before and I've been launching these sales for at least 6 months. Further, there's no way that I know of to delete these faulty sales. Perhaps @Anonymous can shed some light on this new problem/error.

Hi @bauble-babes, I believe that the issue you are running into is related to the length of time your items have been listed. We have recently made a change that requires the items be listed for 14 days at the same price before a seller can use Markdown Manager to reduce the price. Check out our Seller Center Page on this topic for more details.

Message 14 of 271
latest reply

@Anonymous

"Hi @bauble-babes, I believe that the issue you are running into is related to the length of time your items have been listed. We have recently made a change that requires the items be listed for 14 days at the same price before a seller can use Markdown Manager to reduce the price. "

Thanks Trinton for responding. Let me see if I'm clear on this...If my sale ends, then I cannot re-start that same sale until 14 days have passed. Is that accurate?

Message 15 of 271
latest reply