cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving daily emails for saved searches

Anyone encountering similar problems?

I am have been subscribed to receive emails for my saved searches for the past 3 years.  They used to come in at about 9am Pacific daily without fail (I used to get 40+ emails per day for my saved searches). 

A month or so ago the emails started coming in later in the day (at 10pm or so).  For the last 4 days, eBay stopped sending them altogether.  I have not changed my configurations.  Spam folder is empty.  I still get invoices and outbid and "You Won" email notifications but not saved search emails.

Anyone having similar issues?  

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Same, except mine stopped coming last year some time.  Used to get dozens every day.  Now, nothing.  Probably been spending 10x less per month on eBay because of it.   GG eBay.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

I’m just kinda curious, is this just a ‘customer’ board where we all complain to each other and nothing is ever done to resolve or fix any of these issues? For I scroll through and not only do I see these same things happening time and again over the years but for myself and my hubby, who runs our site with me, we continually get periods where Ebay seems to ‘check out’ and the app simply stops functioning properly without any changing on our part. Our listings that consistently sell in the high hundreds sometimes breaking the thousand mark will suddenly plummet due to  unpredictable technical issues.... we know this is the reason our sales are effected for it effects us as buyers as well.  As dedicated buyers, who shop specifically for customers working in an industry where items are difficult to find and extremely specific, we rely on the notifications to remind us on upcoming auctions as I assume our shoppers would rely on the same when our auctions are ready to pop. If they didn’t,  we’d have to camp out on watch lists all day every day! However, the notifications have become suspiciously unreliable and items which we desperately wanted to bid on, and subsequently would have been more money to their sellers, have been missed and the time spent finding them, wasted. These notifications that turn on and off at will causing all our equipment to have to have the programs deleted and reloaded is not only a huge inconvenience but a massive cost as its happening more and more. It’s frustrating, maddening, and ultimately bad business. I have noticed, however, its been wonderful business for other ‘like’ competitors that apparently the bay doesn’t consider to be of threat to them and I must admit, we have been giving some of these a very serious look as its difficult to carry on as a ‘loyal’ member when the respect seems to be extremely one sided. As is clear by the thousands of ‘gripes’ over similar issues that obviously if addressed, aren’t being done so in any efficient manner in which anyone feels they’ve been resolved,  I would hope this ‘community’ comes up with a viable way of bringing together the one thing that has clearly emerged from this endeavor. That is, there is a valid world of commerce willing and able to carry on despite and regardless of the ‘powers to be’ if there is a tool in which to conduct business through that is reliable. Many peoples from many places are perfectly happy to come together to buy and sell goods as have been done for centuries however, just like for centuries...those that govern the arenas where that business is conducted seem to inevitably drop the ball. 

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

►I’m just kinda curious, is this just a ‘customer’ board where we all complain to
►each other and nothing is ever done to resolve or fix any of these issues?

Pretty much. If a definite problem occurs, eBay blues can be summoned to forward it to tech teams. eBay doesn't have much of a track record for fixing things in a timely fashion though, even obvious failures affecting many users.

A large percentage of the "Technical issues" reported here are not eBay technical issues, but are

• user error
  • wishlist type feature requests ("I think eBay should do so and so, it doesn't so it's broken and a ticket needs to be opened immediately")
  • not recognizing that a feature is not longer available (eBay is awful at making that info available)
  • user computer malware
  • a transient server issue that is best reported via phone to CS (can't reach ebay.au at all and have checked by visiting other sites that it's not my computer or ISP)
  • or very often a browser related issue that affects a small group, would be zero/low priority for an eBay fix, and is best dealt with by using another browser or (older) browser version instead of waiting for an eBay fix and complaining repeatedly.

Other problems are things that eBay just doesn't do or offer but can be worked around using browser addons, CSS code, scripts, etc which are solution I offer often. (Don't like where somethin is on an eBay page or don't want to see it at all? Usually trivial to fix with a half dozen lines of CSS or JS)

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

I have the max number of saved searches and my emails notifying me of new postings became irregular in December of 2017 and then stopped.  I called ebay on Jan 12 and again on Feb 27 when I was told that it would be April before ebay was going to be able to fix the problem.  I called again today (April 26th) and was told that the problem would be fixed by a month from now.  While the representative I spoke with was kind and appeared to be helpful and spent several minutes with me, I'm suspicious that I was given a delaying tactic.  She said that there are a lot of technical problems and ebay can't focus on just one (the issue of saved search notifications.)  Yes - this has certainly saved on my bood buying budget.  

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

I've had the same problem for a couple of months. Rang customer disservice. Spoke to a headless chicken (apologies to chickens) who kept on saying: "Don't worry. We'll fix it." Beyond belief.

I'm pretty sure when you report  a technical issue via customer disservice, it gets forwarded to /dev/null.

Does anybody know if there is any other way to report a tech issue?

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

I receive saved searches but no more Sale newsletters from sellers since ebay ended Markdown Manager (old) March 19th.  Since this happened Ebay has been giving away 20% off coupons to buyers which compete with our sales . How can ebay offer a 20% sale on my items? Well I guess the can do anything they want whether I like it or not.

Robert
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

I haven't received saved searches since the end of December. I called, got the brush off. It has helped me save lots of money - though I'd prefer to have been purchasing the things I've missed. 

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

I've found a semi-permanent solution to this problem, which is actually better than the email alerts.

I use RSS feeds instead.

I do my searches. Generate an RSS feed:

https://www.intrust-it.com/2013/04/22/turn-ebay-search-rss-feed/

Then I get notifications every hour from my RSS client. Done!

Thanks for nothing, Ebay Customer (dis)service!

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Same thing here but mine stopped Feb 3rd
Message 10 of 23
latest reply

In December 2017 my saved searches email stopped coming. Then about a month or so ago the emails started coming in earlier morning (at 6apm or so).  For the last 2 days, eBay stopped sending them altogether.  I have not changed my configurations.  Spam folder is empty.  I still get invoices and outbid and "You Won" email notifications but not saved search emails.

Anyone suggestions?

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

I haven't been receiving them for a couple of months. All of a sudden two weeks ago they started again - and now last week they stopped again. FRUSTRATING! 

I actually opened another account so I could set up the same searches and get the emails I rely on. You would think eBay would want to correct this issue since they prompt me when the items I am looking for are available and encourage you to make a purchase.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Yes, I dont think they monitor many of these and certainly they seldom comment or take action.

@indianafarm wrote:

I’m just kinda curious, is this just a ‘customer’ board where we all complain to each other and nothing is ever done to resolve or fix any of these issues? For I scroll through and not only do I see these same things happening time and again over the years but for myself and my hubby, who runs our site with me, we continually get periods where Ebay seems to ‘check out’ and the app simply stops functioning properly without any changing on our part. Our listings that consistently sell in the high hundreds sometimes breaking the thousand mark will suddenly plummet due to  unpredictable technical issues.... we know this is the reason our sales are effected for it effects us as buyers as well.  As dedicated buyers, who shop specifically for customers working in an industry where items are difficult to find and extremely specific, we rely on the notifications to remind us on upcoming auctions as I assume our shoppers would rely on the same when our auctions are ready to pop. If they didn’t,  we’d have to camp out on watch lists all day every day! However, the notifications have become suspiciously unreliable and items which we desperately wanted to bid on, and subsequently would have been more money to their sellers, have been missed and the time spent finding them, wasted. These notifications that turn on and off at will causing all our equipment to have to have the programs deleted and reloaded is not only a huge inconvenience but a massive cost as its happening more and more. It’s frustrating, maddening, and ultimately bad business. I have noticed, however, its been wonderful business for other ‘like’ competitors that apparently the bay doesn’t consider to be of threat to them and I must admit, we have been giving some of these a very serious look as its difficult to carry on as a ‘loyal’ member when the respect seems to be extremely one sided. As is clear by the thousands of ‘gripes’ over similar issues that obviously if addressed, aren’t being done so in any efficient manner in which anyone feels they’ve been resolved,  I would hope this ‘community’ comes up with a viable way of bringing together the one thing that has clearly emerged from this endeavor. That is, there is a valid world of commerce willing and able to carry on despite and regardless of the ‘powers to be’ if there is a tool in which to conduct business through that is reliable. Many peoples from many places are perfectly happy to come together to buy and sell goods as have been done for centuries however, just like for centuries...those that govern the arenas where that business is conducted seem to inevitably drop the ball. 

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Same issue here, for years now saved search notifications have been on and off. Thanks for the suggestion to open another account to receive saved searches - is that working for you? Ridiculous that eBay has not fixed this yet.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Same here , support offerd a work around, it does not work says its a known issues but no clue if and when it will be resolved. I am buying 90% less because of this.

Go eBay

Message 15 of 23
latest reply