cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Followed Search Emails

The last Followed Search email I received was 3/24. Is anyone else having a similar issue? I've tried modifying existing searches and creating new ones to no avail.

Message 1 of 90
latest reply
89 REPLIES 89

Re: No Followed Search Emails

I think I will start calling weekly. This is ludicrous!
Message 61 of 90
latest reply

FIX IT EBAY!!! **bleep**!!! THE WAY I USE EBAY IS NOW UNUSABLE AND WORTHLESS TO ME WITHOUT THIS FEATURE! SOME DEV SCREWED UP ROYALLY.

Message 62 of 90
latest reply

I called today and spoke with Kelly.  She was aware of the problem because she had written up other complaints and forwarded to Tech Dept.  They are trying to fix it as it happened when they installed updates.  They told her it was a glitch.  I don't understand how a glitch can only affect a few and not everyone but I was told that that is what a glitch is.  So doesn't sound like they have figured it out yet and while they are sorry this happened, they have no fix yet.  

Message 63 of 90
latest reply

Hey showmomsue, I have posted twice on here about the buying and seller side of this terrible "glitch." I have received no emails for my saved searches since 4/17. Would you please explain to the ebay technicans and posters what you mean by missing out on a item. It upsets me too much to explain to someone not caring if it gets fixed or not. I think I will go browse on amazon for awhile to see how a real operation works.
Message 64 of 90
latest reply

Same problem too... No followed searches e-mail alerts since 4/17, other e-mails from Ebay come as usually.

Message 65 of 90
latest reply

not working here

any fix ?

Message 66 of 90
latest reply

Just called eBay c/s regarding a selling issue, so I piggy-backed this technical issue of no emails for any of my Saved Searches onto the call (all my other eBay emails have come through fine, albeit some a bit slower than normal).  

I got a rep who said that this has been an ongoing issue (a good month for me alone), and while it is systemwide, it is only affecting certain users.  He assured me that eBay is working very hard to resolve this issue and guaranteed me that it would be resolved within a WEEK as he added my user account to the list!  

Seems like if you are affected by this issue, you need to call eBay and have them add your name to the list of affected accounts for resolution. 

Given my lack of buying for the past month, as well as my general drop in sales, seems eBay has may have dropped the ball on this issue! 

Message 67 of 90
latest reply

They are saying "certain users" but they are also saying they don't know who those users are unless they call. Sounds like they have no idea how large that "certain users" pool is. It could be a majority.

Message 68 of 90
latest reply

I have explained to ebay about missing out on items to buy because I was not notified that they were available thru my "followed searches".  Usually buy it now items.  All I can do is encourage everyone to call ebay and add their accounts to the growing list of unhappy buyers/sellers.  I will call every week.

Message 69 of 90
latest reply

I called just now. Spoke to a friendly individual who knows about the issue. YOU MUST CALL so they can add you to the list. Apparently they are fixing it 1 user at a time. She said she couldn't provide a time table though.

Message 70 of 90
latest reply

Does anyone have an other-than-India customer service center number? 

866-540-3229.  Got 'Brian', again, but again with Hindi in the background.  (the most common Indian language)(no, I am not Indian, learned mine while in Army).  Spend a good ten minutes phonetically spelling my eBay account name.  But he did 'check' and confirm that there is a problem and that he will call me back if 'already resolved'.  He did not have a ticket or reference number.  Nor did he know of any 'list'.  Not holding my breath for a callback.

Looking back at Amazon.  Do they have such searches?  I can not calculate my lost sales, and eBays lost fees.

Message 71 of 90
latest reply

I talked to customer support today and they said they were aware of the issue and would add my name to the technical service ticket. They did not give me an estimate for when the problem will be resolved. If anyone else having the issue hasn't yet spoken  with customer support, I would encourage them to do so in the hopes that more complaints may increase the priority of the fix.

Message 72 of 90
latest reply

Same problem here, had an ebay chat and it seems like many people are having the same problem, so they are aware of the issue. My ebay puchases have dropped off to almost nothing. It's thier loss and Discogs gain I guess.

Message 73 of 90
latest reply

tldr: I'm getting emails again!

I posted a "me too" here on April 25th.  I called in yesterday after seeing the post about needing to call.  The woman I spoke with knew about the problem.  I didn't get any sort of case number or anything like that, but was told my name would be forwarded to the appropriate parties and/or added to a list.  Lo and behold I started getting emails about an hour ago!!  I can't believe I'm the first and/or only one to experience this, so hopefully the rest of you will be receiving emails soon.

Message 74 of 90
latest reply

As of about an hour ago (it's now 3:08 EST), I received my emails.

And I had called on 5/02, so it took 10 days. Or maybe they found a way to fix everyone.

Message 75 of 90
latest reply