cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My promoted listings impressions are decreased drastically in past few days

My promoted listings impressions are decreased drastically in past few days. Contacted ebay chat for help but no solutions or reasons of decrease are provided.

Can anyone help me out? Or it is a glitch? Although my sales has decrease as well? Give me solution Plzz?

You can see snap of my Promoted listings impressions attached.decrease impression.JPG

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

I was just talking to a colleague about this exact issue when they referred me to this thread.  Though my PL's haven't decreased as much as yours I have seen a noticeable drop the past 4-5 days.  It just so happens my drop off of sales have coincided along with it.

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Did you asked live chat support for the solution ? As I have contacted them many times but no solution have been provided yet !

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Views on all my promoted items have also plummeted since about April 8.    The culprit:  the eBay search engine is not working properly.    While it still delivers results based on the title of a listing, it has stopped producing reliable results for description searches.   This definitely affects how many people see your item and whether your item is displayed as a "related item" when people get their search results (which may in turn be why your Promoted Listings views have dropped). 

See if your account is affected.   Choose a unique phrase from one of your listings, then try to find it by checking off the "Search Description" box and "exact words, exact order" from the pulldown menu.    Since about the 8th I have gotten 0 results in multiple test searches.

I started a thread about the problem last week.  Others have too.   I called eBay.  They said it is a known problem and that a ticket has been created to address the problem but could offer no expected date of restoration.   

This problem is affecting buying and selling alike.   I have temporarily stopped listing new items due to this glitch.   I have also stopped buying items (because all of my bookmarks/saved searches are set to search title/description and are consequently useless until the system is repaired).   Without the ability to search descriptions, I can't find the specific details that will lead me to the items I want; likewise, my customers have no access to the details in my own listings

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Same here after spending hours in chatting with live support they just raised a ticket to resolve this issue and do not gave any time frame.

Really upsetting situation as my sales are effecting very badly .

What should we do now as a seller ? Wait?

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

I spoke with a rep a little while ago.  She gave an ETA by the 18th which does nothing to help our sales now. 

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

I hope that till 18th they must resolve the issue otherwise it will be very difficult to continue business with ebay.

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Just adding visibility to this thread by saying that I am experiencing this issue too.  For me the drop began March 24th. After calling ebay support I had a rep say she "reset" my store but it has been three days since then and no improvement.  I've also tried experimenting with different ad rates and have seen no improvement. Please keep us posted if you see a resolution of this problem. I've seen many threads in the past with the exact same issue but no-one mentions if / when it gets resolved.2021-04-16 09_08_34-Promoted listings.pngarch 24th

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Its 18th today. Anyone got improvement ? Issue resolved? or solution provided? Mine issue got worse now and no support from eBay yet !!!!!!18 april impression.JPG 

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

I spoke with a CS rep yesterday- an American rep this time - she said that the other rep who gave me the 18th as a date to have this fixed should not have done that - it was false information - she said they still haven't fixed this issue and now there is no ETA - I will continue to call every other day - this is bad for us sellers who are affected..please call CS - the best time to reach is 1st thing in the am or later on at night - luckily, I have had no issues contacting them - they usually call me back within 5 minutes.  It's 4 days now and no sales..yes, I have had a few days here and there with no sales but NEVER like this...

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Certainly eBay search engine is part of the problem.

I have been having trouble finding some items using eBay App while i am able to find items on google that are being sold on eBay.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Very frustrating situation..... I am contacting live chat daily but no benefit.....Now i am confused that who will solve this issue ? How long we have to suffer like this ? Similarly, I am also experiencing 0 sales in last 3 days which didn't happen before.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Any Solution?

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

I will be phoning eBay again on Monday.   What good it will do I don't know.   The customer service reps (located in other countries) are very sympathetic but all they can do is issue a ticket alerting the tech department of the problem, or send email follow-ups to tickets already generated.

This is at least day 10 of the search engine crisis.   The only sales I have had in the past week were from listings that started before the problem began.   Every item I have listed since has gone  virtually unseen and unsold despite that I have sold the exact item in the recent past with literally hundreds of views.

I'm sure many sellers are pulling their hair out in frustration as their sales fizzle, their promoted listings go unseen, and their saved search results peter out -- and they can't understand why.    The only reason I realized what's going on is because I use title/description search every day myself, and I know my customer base uses it frequently too.    

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

I phoned eBay today as promised, got right through and spoke to a customer service representative stateside.   I explained the problem (he was unaware of it) but verified when he checked my account that tickets and follow-ups for this problem had been generated.

I asked to speak to a supervisor or perhaps someone in another department who could shed light on when this issue might be fixed.   He informed me there is nobody else to talk to and that I have done everything I can as a user to call attention to the problem.   

I tried to explain the insidious nature of this glitch, how it is not only failing to directly report search results but also having a secondary detrimental effect on promoted listings and saved search notifications.   I told him that if I were a brick and mortar business, this problem would be tantamount to eBay shutting down one of the major traffic arteries leading to my store.     By my estimate, I have lost about $2000  in sales since the onset of the search engine failures.

Normally I purchase some of my inventory from eBay and turn it around, but that has stopped too now that I can no longer be sure of selling what I buy.    In addition to me losing business from my customers, other sellers are now losing my business.   

The customer service rep promised to do everything he could to get the problem addressed, but conceded that in the end my only real option is to wait for eBay to get it repaired, however long that might be.

I urge everyone reading to call eBay and explain how the description search problem is affecting your business and that of your fellow sellers.   We need more squeaking wheels.

Message 15 of 31
latest reply