cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My pictures hae been deleted from my Good Til Cancelled Listings Except the Thumbnail

I just received a question from a potential buyer about the pictures missing from one of my listings.  They said I referenced pictures in my description & the pictures were not there in the listing.  I looked at the listing in question & only the thumbnail picture is there.  I had included 12 pictures for that listing.  I looked at the rest of my Good Til Canceled listings - over 650 - and most of the pictures are also missng for those listings with only the thumbnail showing.  The thumbnail picture shows at relisting therefore I had no idea the rest of the 12 pictures for most all of my listings were missing!   I always post 12 pictures for each of my listings.  What a dreadful loss of all my work...the hours it took to upload all those pictures.  Are they lost?  What happened to the pictures?  Will eBay be able to restore them?  Or must I one by one reload all the pictures back to all my listings?  Any one else experienced the same problem?   Please share any advice of what I need to do.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

My pictures hae been deleted from my Good Til Cancelled Listings Except the Thumbnail

I am having the same problem....only main photo is visible. I talked to EBAY helpdesk and they said this is a SYSTEM WIDE PROBLEM and technical suppport is aware of the problem and will do there best to try and get photos back. EBAY did give any timeline as to when problem will get fixed or any guarantee that they can find missing photos.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

There is a thread concerning this widespread issue and one user provided a fix:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Replacing-Active-Content/Find-Listings-that-are-missing-photos/m-p/286...

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

On July 24, 2018 I received this email from eBay: 

“We made a technical error during a recent update that caused many sellers to lose images associated with their Good Til Cancelled listings. We cannot, unfortunately, retrieve many of the lost images. If re-uploading images is feasible for you, we encourage you to do so.

We know this has been extremely frustrating.

Sellers make up the backbone of eBay, and we’re committed to helping your business grow. To set you up for future success, we’re crediting you back for insertion fees on the impacted listings and providing you with 200 zero insertion fees to use until July 28, 2018.”

at least eBay notified me. . I will be lucky to get photos retaken for those that were lost. I am so disappointed in all the work it took to get my items listed just the way eBay directs you and then starting in May my sales started dropping, dropping, and then just disappeared. Instead of giving me 200 free listings to use in 4 DAYS which is impossible, how about doing something about my declining sales to no sales since May.

I called eBay customer help yesterday and asked is something wrong with my account, “no it is fine, sales are down for everyone and now that World Cup is over sales will pick up.” I asked where the agent was located and the response was “Dublin”.  I am still shaking my head on this response. At least this person had taken a creative thinking class.

Shortly after my call, I receive this eBay We Are sorry email notification. I guess if you call it generates the email because I was asked if I had received an email about the slow sales.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@fenixdog

"Sellers make up the backbone of eBay, and we’re committed to helping your business grow. To set you up for future success, we’re crediting you back for insertion fees on the impacted listings and providing you with 200 zero insertion fees to use until July 28, 2018.”

1) Will they actually know what our affected listings are?  I know I had 32 listings I had to re-load photos on, but don't specifically recall which ones.

2) So they give us only 4 days of zero insertion fees? If you're out of town or don't have time to do a shoot & edit, then this apologetic 'perk' is worthless. It should state that our next 200 listings have zero insertion fees!!!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply