cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MISSING VIEWS AND MISSING PICTURES

It appears that there are numerous businesses that are missing views and pictures as we are.  Has Ebay provided and estimated time table as to when these issues might be resolved?

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

@howardsafeco wrote:

It appears that there are numerous businesses that are missing views and pictures as we are.  Has Ebay provided and estimated time table as to when these issues might be resolved?

Hi @howardsafecowe are working on these issues currently and while I don't have an estimated time for a fix to provide, we will get a solution in place as soon as possible. I want to clarify that the view/watcher count this is a display issue and this is not affecting the data used to calculate your impressions. We apologize for the trouble and will be sure to add your username to our list of impacted users.

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

If you read through all the posts, every single ebay response is exactly the same. Every single reply contains the same "I want to clarify that the view/watcher count this is a display issue and this is not affecting the data used to calculate your impressions. We apologize for the trouble and will be sure to add your username to our list of impacted users." So in conclusion...view counter isnt working but the ebay auto reply is humming right along. Hahaha

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

What about the missing pictures? Ebay's auto-response didn't address that. One of my listings, for example, had 12 pictures attached. Just checked and it shows the main photo when doing a search, but when you open up the listing it says, "this seller didn't upload any photos"....!!!!! Yes, I did. And now I just did it again. Am I supposed to check every listing to figure out which ones are screwed up? Is Ebay trying to FIX this?? This particular listing was selling well until just recently - I believe the lost pictures can account for that! 😞

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

August 21

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Add me to the list. Just realized it. Glad I'm not alone. But ebay knows we're at their mercy and they just don't care. 

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

Not sure if this helps - but I've noticed that if one of our listings seems to have a display photo, when I click into the actual listing, it says "the seller didn't upload any pictures" (or whatever).  BUT when I revise, the photo is there in the revision pane and generally shows up in the revised listing.  This is affecting the listings for the last two weeks which are in the rotation of auto-renewal (ours auto-relist every 30 days).

@AnonymousThis is obviously an issue on the eBay side.  It's been going on for well over a week, in some cases several.  While we're certainly grateful for you blues stopping by to say it's being worked on, surely you can understand our frustration at the rote answer which never seems to trigger actual resolution.

While your coding team is at it, could they look into the Preview Listing function?  It shows a muddled mess instead of a preview of the listing.  I have brought this up to Merch Support repeatedly over the last several months only to be met with a "well, why would you even use the preview anyhow?" and nothing else.  I'm sort of an old-fashioned gal - give me a useful tool, and I have a tendency to use it on occasion.  But, like so many other things on eBay, it is BROKEN and no one seems to be interested in fixing it.

~M

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

I want to clarify that the view/watcher count this is a display issue and this is not affecting the data used to calculate your impressions.

Then what IS it used for if not data collecting?  Has eBay considered maybe the sellers themselves use that display to help them sell better?

Everything at eBay is used by eBay as a metric now to restrict sellers.  Everything.

~M

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

Add me to the list. I called Customer Service and they could not give me an answer.

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

Same been messed up for at least 2 weeks and maybe 3. Cant keep track anymore lol. The one day it showed it said an Item had over 2000 views. Next day it had under 10. They really need to fix it.

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

@terrycanarsky wrote:

Not sure if this helps - but I've noticed that if one of our listings seems to have a display photo, when I click into the actual listing, it says "the seller didn't upload any pictures" (or whatever).  BUT when I revise, the photo is there in the revision pane and generally shows up in the revised listing.  This is affecting the listings for the last two weeks which are in the rotation of auto-renewal (ours auto-relist every 30 days).

@AnonymousThis is obviously an issue on the eBay side.  It's been going on for well over a week, in some cases several.  While we're certainly grateful for you blues stopping by to say it's being worked on, surely you can understand our frustration at the rote answer which never seems to trigger actual resolution.

While your coding team is at it, could they look into the Preview Listing function?  It shows a muddled mess instead of a preview of the listing.  I have brought this up to Merch Support repeatedly over the last several months only to be met with a "well, why would you even use the preview anyhow?" and nothing else.  I'm sort of an old-fashioned gal - give me a useful tool, and I have a tendency to use it on occasion.  But, like so many other things on eBay, it is BROKEN and no one seems to be interested in fixing it.

~M

Hi @terrycanarsky, if you can provide some screenshots of the Preview Listing issue then I'll be happy to look into it!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Have been experiencing the same for about a week- item pics are there but I'm missing views and also many of my feedback rating stars have disappeared! 

Ebay, this is really not good enough. 

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

hi briant -  i'm genuinely curious as to why you would pick out one unrelated-to-this-post issue (the preview listing issue) and offer assistance, while completely ignoring the missing Views and missing Pictures issues? this has been going on for weeks now! ebay should be addressing it and providing frequent, relative updates to ALL members. I would have expected a message from ebay by now, letting me know exactly what is going on and what is being done about it. the absence of same leads me to believe ebay doesn't know what's going on and isn't doing anything about it.

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

Add me to the list too - I refreshed the page several times and, once...just once, the views appeared but they're gone again now. This information is essential to know what interest there is in our items. Please do your best to solve this problem quickly. Thanks...

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

I am tired of not being able to see how many people are actually looking at my items. I can't fix anything if I know nothing. I care more about seeing my views than whether or not eBay is still keeping track of the data.
Message 15 of 35
latest reply