cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MASSIVE BUG!!! OVER 500 PAID + INTERNATIONAL ITEMS NOT SHOWING UP!

NOTE: I AM  POSTING HERE BECAUSE EBAY KEEPS BOUNCING ME AROUND THE TECH SUPPORT DEPARTMENT WITHOUT ESCALATING MY CASE PROPERLY. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN BRING ATTENTION TO MY ISSUE TO EBAY TECH WITHOUT BEING BOUNCED AROUND INSIDE AN INDIAN CALL CENTER FOR ANOTHER MONTH.

GOT YOUR ATTENTION? NOW READ....

I have contacted eBay's completely INEPT customer service. Repeatedly. over 4 days

I HAVE OVER 550 ITEMS LISTED ON EBAY

ALL ITEMS ARE ALSO UPGRADED WITH INTERNATIONAL VISIBILITY (.CO.UK) SET AND BILLED ON MY ACCOUNT SUMMARY.

For MONTHS my sales have dropped - up to 50% month over month. I could not figue out why, it's not until I was logged out that I noticed that ONLY between 51 and 53 of my items were showing up on my profile.  Every time you refresh the page, the number changes. within seconds. Goes up and down, up and down.

ALSO the SAME number of items were showing on all my profile (not store) pages and on my eBay UK Store.

ALL my items have international visibility on them.... only a MAXIMUM of 212 of them are  currently showing up on eBay UK. AND on my profile on .COM and .CO.UK

I have called a HALF DOZEN times in 3 days and spent over 6h on the phone, and every HALF-WIT customer service you hire comes up with excuses instead of sending the issue to the dev team..

After 3 days of calling repeatedly, talking to MANY agents who had to all individually verify the problem, didn't listen to my answers, i was told that the creator of the ticket used my wrong username to list it, but that didn't matter, because every subsequent newbie I talked to was able to PERSONALLY verify the issue.. 

PROBLEMS WITH GENERAL NON-TRAINING

The last customer support agent took almost 10 minutes to find the ebay.co.uk store that I have. In fact, i had to SPELL IT OUT for her because she didn't even know how to get to eBay.co.uk and find the store. I got frustrated and asked to speak to her Manager because i was sick of talking to yet another a box of rocks.

The manager (like every other support person) asked for a sample item #.  After I told him that the previous support minion needed training and had no idea how to access the .CO.UK version of my store, he said "we will coach her". HOWEVER, when I told the manager to look up a sample listing with a paid InternationVisilibility on my store by ID, he argued with me, telling me that "You can't search for products on your store by ID."   I told him "Yes you can, please enter the ID number".... he responded "I don't want to argue with you, that feature was discontinued". I said "Just enter 12 numbers before you say that".. 3 minutes later, of course he was proven wrong, but not before telling me off. 

Immediately afterwards, i told him I am sick of talking to inept support agents, escalate me to your Supervisor (her name is Lynne). She created ANOTHER ticket (this time with the correct store name).

I doubt this ticket will get anywhere seeing as it's 1 office of people covering for eachother.

REF ID# 1-122876676260

Throughout this experience, i spoke to 3 support agents who promised to call me "very soon" or "today", but didn't. 

Almost ALL agents I spoke to, have explain a bull**bleep**, non-technical reason.

1. I have free shipping (yeah.. seriously. This one guy told me that it might not show up because i have free shipping set) 

2. They  are there, I can see them (outright lie on day 2)

3. No one seemed surprised that my profile had jumping numbers on refresh.

ALL CALLS ARE RECORDED. LISTEN TO THE CALLS.   PLEASE HELP ME. YOU ARE OUTRIGHT RIPPING ME OFF. CHARGING ME $100s (up to $1000s potentially) in fees. JUST THIS MONTH ALONE, I HAVE BEEN BILLED FOR 500 CURRENTLY ACTIVE POSTS THAT DON'T SHOW UP.

1. HOW FAR BACK HAS THIS BEEN GOING

2. DO I HAVE TO OPEN A DISPUTE WITH PAYPAL TO GET MY MONEY BACK OR ARE YOU GOING TO DO THE RIGHT THING?

3. FIX YOU BUGS!

4. REFUND THE MONEY YOU TOOK WITHOUT PROVIDING THE BILLED SERVICE

5. MOST of  your tech support is VERY POORLY trained. 

Again. I HAD to write this here because I believe that support is "containing" me and preventing me from getting this fixed.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

THIS MAY HAVE BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS. 

I had a 50% month over month drop in sales since the beginning of the year, even though i was INCREASING my stock on eBay.

This problem I only noticed 5 days ago, but looks like it's been going on for a LOOONG time based on my stats, i just had no idea that I was getting ripped off. The more I tried to promote, the more i was getting glitched.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

I do see the 554 here in the US and only 202 in the UK...........the totals do fluctuate in the UK.......202, 225, 207, 225, 202, 200, 228, but not in the US......

View items in US

https://www.ebay.com/sch/luxurybrandsliquidator/m.html?item=122474164408&hash=item1c840770b8%3Ag%3Ah...

view items in UK

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/luxurybrandsliquidator/m.html?_trksid=p3692

Item that shows up in US, but not in UK

I would try calling, emailing ebay UK.....since they seem to be dropping/excluding the listings....... also I would post on UK board to see if anything like this is happening there.

We have seen the fluctuating totals/missing items here and it seems to be something that ebay has to fix......but, it has to get reported to the right people to get it done..........

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

I have been on the phone with them around 8 hours in 3 days

I have emailed 3 locations with this information.

It's pretty rotten that it takes this long and in 3 days, they will bill my paypal account for $100s of dollars of LAST MONTH's listings that didn't appear. with no resolution or admission of guilt

In the US STORE it shows all items, in the profile, keep refreshing, it will fluctuate just like in UK profile and Store.

There are 300+ items currently afflicted. It started with 500+.  I dont' get it.. 

Fluctuating numbers in an unmodified list is the first sign things are going sideways. 

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

By the way.. is this "Community Forum" a bullpen? or does ebay actually have litterate people following up on reports here? I can just spam "Contact Email" until they get it fixer.. but it seems that if that's what it takes, ebay is too far gone.  They have lost their $h1t. Bugwise, ebay is just a giant, sluggish, duct-taped web app

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

PING

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

I just got off the phone with ebay support top supervisor. Who I showed first hand the problem. 

He just agreed that it IS in fact a bug and that email is not true in any way.

ANYHOW. New Refrence # for my collection 1-122996313643

SO WAS THAT EMAIL:

- INEPTITUDE?

- FRAUD?

There is no other option.

UPDATE! Here is a new picture logged in from ANOTHER account on .CO.UK

FROM THIS ACCOUNT - it shows profile count at 554
HOWEVER Store count is still around 255

AND THE SAME PROFILE FROM ANOTHER COMPUTER - only shows 

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

STORE SHOWING LOW COUNT

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

EBAY SUPPORT WILL SAY ANYTHING TO FEED YOU **bleep**

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

EVERY TIME YOU REFRESH MY PROFILE PAGE, THE ITEM COUNT CHANGES

This is normal according to eBay support who blamed me for the issue but "kindly" offered a refund on the money they stole.

I wonder if this forum REALLY is monitored by eBay support.. maybe during lunch / toilet breaks just to laugh at complaints.

But... according to that last email from the confused eBay support noob, it's my fault. eBay changed me for the listings, and the international visibility. But it's my fault.

Too bad the section supervisor didn't agree.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Here's another seller who had mysterious numbers for their account.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/of-listings-by-user-name-varies-every-time-i-refresh-the-page/t...

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Thank you!!

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Do you know what really grinds my gears?
When you have a serious bug affecting your store, eBay are always trying to make up excuses to do nothing about it... but they are ready to charge you on time for undelivered services

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Day 6 now.. and eBay has done NOTHING to fix my problem. And nothing to refund the money that I was improperly billed

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Today's update - July 27

ANOTHER 2 HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH EBAY'S CLOWNS

After being promise a call back from a Manager yesterday, I had to call to ask what happened and why i didn't get a call back. I again had to explain the situation and give all the reference #s. I was finally connected to a manager!!!

Within minutes she "understood" my situation. She found the email from support to be inexcusable. She said, "let me put you on hold, need to try something".. After a 3 minute silence a guy answered. I was surprised, i asked him "why am i talking to you. i was talking to a manager"..

He told me that he would be able to help me. I protested, but repeated everything to him.. 

This  guy's response after my 20 minute explanation and 10th demonstration of the error, "I can't help you, but I will find someone who can"!!!!!!!!!!! What bloody idiots... 

I yelled at this dork and told him i was promise a manager finally after all of this fiasco so far. That they have cost and billed me tons of money,etc ,etc.. He transferred me to the accounts department.. 

A guy answered. i told him to forward me to the manager. I was extremely irate and told him exactly what had happened and I was not interested in talking to someone low on the food chain. I AGAIN had to explain him the situation along with the fact that I was promised service from a Manager and I got bounced around again. Then i yelled at him a bit and he said  "I will find someone higher up for you." and pointed out that this seems to have gotten out of hand.

I was forwarded to a "manager" he was an Accounts Department Manager. They have so many managers there that Dilbert would feel at home. Does everyone fail upward at eBay? Will the tech support lady who can't find her way to ebay.co.uk be a supervisor next week? Because there was that supervisor that argued with me, trying to tell me that "you can't search for items by item number on eBay anymore.. they discontinued that a long time ago" (yeah.. you know who you are Mr. SuperFailer)

I also ratted out "Jen the Tech Support" dingbat who told me that because ALL my items have International Visibility, they won't all get displayed (email posted in this thread). Like eBay penalises you for being gluttenous of listing upgrades. Every "manager" i talked to, i read the email out loud to them, i asked them if that explanation is acceptable.  They said it wasn't, and changed the subject.  

This is why you don't outsource support. You end up with just any call center filled with warm blooded creatures. Qualified or not..

EBAY HAS NO QUALITY CONTROL OVER THEIR SUPPORT DEPARTMENT. IT'S GONE ROGUE. Some of them are probably moonlighting as IRS and "Windows Support"  scammers.

== 

THE LAST MANAGER

Anyways the last manager I spoke to was equally dumbfounded by everything and promised to give me a call in 24h.. So obviously that won't happen. He gave me an SR# that I will post tomorrow if/when he calls. HE said that they would review my account, and see where i got/didn't get the services i paid for and then call me.  

eBay doesn't just have bugs.. they have cockroaches.

The Saga continues.. The corrent state of my store. 

STILL PAYING FEES. EBAY STILL NOT FULFILLING THEIR CONTRACT

ESTIMATED AMOUNT OF MONEY EBAY IS CURRENTLY STEALING FROM ME 

$500CAD - That's just for this month.. let's see what the investigation will bring up

Message 15 of 30
latest reply