cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings showing as International Seller I do not sell international on Ebay.com

I have my items listed on ebay.com. When I search for a specific item number or a specific item description  if shows  items found from eBay international sellers. I do not ship international.  This is not happening only for one item. There are 100's.

Note: This problem come started about 3-4 days ago. Previously, my listing was worked perfectly.

I have found it depends on what server or program you get logged into when you sign on. The reason it is intermition is because sometimes you get good program (does not show international) sometimes bad ( you get the international problem). WHICH MEANS THIS IS ALSO HAPPENING TO OUR BUYERS AND THEY DO NOT KNOW IT. No wonder our sales are dropping. When you get the international problem. Sign off close window. Open new window sign in and sometimes you get the good program sometimes you have to repeat this process 3 or 4 times to get the good one.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Listings showing as International Seller I do not sell international on Ebay.com

You are not alone with this issue.   I would report it to ebay, as the more reports they get they more likely they are to fix an issue.

The problem they are having with this one though is getting it to replicate the problem as it seems to be inconsistent.  

I would report it to ebay on social media:  

If you need more help you can contact ebay on social media. Do not give any personal information until an eBay employee contacts you offline:

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

I am a community help board volunteer and not an eBay employee
eBay does not read this message board

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

I am having the same problem. Please keep us posted in you find a solution.

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Having same problems  have many examples.  😞  Here are a few.

1st image, I'm the $11.99 item that does NOT show up in the regular results with the others.  I'm in the international section.  😞

2nd image, same item, now sorted so that ONLY things within 100 miles of my zipcode show up and I don't show up?!  Even though you can see the $11.99 listing in the international section showing my item is <5 miles from the zip code. 😞

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Here's another one.  I don't show up in the search result in the 1st image, only as international.  And in the 2nd image, I don't even show up in my own zip code if I search for it that way.  And ebay can see my zipcode is <5 from 59230 right on the listing, still does not return it in the result?!?!?

Both searches result in my listing not showing up as what was searched for.  😞

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

@lotsofstufftoo  @stormerhobbies  @kxm5251  

I wanted to let you know that one of our board team leaders has contacted tech support for an update on this issue this morning but has not heard back yet.  So no ETA on the fix.  

Just wanted to give you an update... such as it is.  

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Hi, As I posted in another thread this is happening to me on various listings as well lately.  The common thread is that 90% or more of the listings that show international are listings that I've included in a promoted listings campaign.

So eBay is missing out on extra fees on these items since they'll not be seen by 99% of viewers.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 7 of 31
latest reply

I added a link to this thread so our board team leader will see your messages. I am just an ebay user like you and can't fix anything. I sure wish I could because sellers are losing money.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

You can figure out what's wrong with these 2 if you look.  example first one has an international seller in the top results... my listing is NOT international, and showed up in that bottom section, NOT as a preffered match. 😞

Seond image.  I am both results, listed nearly identically.  One shows up as a regular result, one as international.  😞

Either one, you have to hit refresh a lot to make the scenario happen.  Like there is some minor peice of janky code floating around on some eBay servers that they are not correcting.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Here's another example.  The listing at the bottom in the International seller section away from the rest of the results is ours. 😞   We are not international.  and this item hasn't sold for a while now... I wonder why?  😞

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Here's another screen shot.  looking at results for sold.  eBay seems to feel we are international. 😞

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

This is a bug in the SEARCH function.    Search results for items incorrectly sometimes group some US items from US sellers as being from International Sellers.  This bug has existed for more than a week now. 

There is nothing you can do to fix it in your listings. 

Specifically, when the buyer (or you) search for an item, there is a setting for "Item Location" on the left side of the browser.  If that is set to Default (which is undefined) then some of the SEARCH RESULTS are incorrectly grouped as being International.  

If you set the Item Location in Search to anything other than Default (go ahead, set it to US, North America, or Worldwide) the SEARCH RESULTS then are correct.  The same items, from the same sellers, now come up as being US items, not International.  

Please see MANY reports of this in the SELLER Discussion on The Community.  

Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 12 of 31
latest reply

I was able to replicate the result for another seller.  In the image, both items are listed similarly and from the same seller.  Both are in Kenosha Wisconsin.  eBay knows both are <5 miles away as it says so right on the result.  The search result says there is only 1 result within 100 miles.  But clearly, there are 2 within 100 miles.   One of them shows up as international.  The result should say, "2 results for xxxxxxxx" and it says "1 result for xxxxxxxx".

ebay-fail_colgate.jpg

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Thanks for illustrating that the eBay Search Results has a bug that's dependent on the buyer/member's setting for "Item Location" when searching for items.

In general, this bug does not appear if the buyer/shopper/memeber sets Item Location to US, N America, or Worldwide.  

The bug does appear if Item Location is set to Default or Within X Miles of ZIP. 

It is a serious eBay bug affecting Search Results that are intermittently incrorectly displayed to show some US items from US sellers grouped with International sellers.    This greatly reduces page views and sales for these US items.

I think that the greatest impact of this bug is due to the "Default" setting for Item Locaiton in Search, which is set by Default for users.  

The fact that the bug also applies when buyers Search for Item Location "within X miles of ZIP" is also interesting additional info for the eBay programmers to look at.  But it's the default Default setting that has been causing a problem for so many Sellers.  The buyers are also being misled beause they may not see lower priced or otherwise preferable US-based items that are for sale on eBay when those items are incorrectly grouped in Search Results with items from International Sellers.  

I don't think it's a conspiracy. I think it's a bug and incompetece on eBay's part to understand and fix this bug in a reasonable period of time.    And it's certainly a big deal but most people (sellers and buyers) don't even have any idea that it's happening...and when they do become aware, the bug is often described using inaccurate language, which further confuses the issue. 

tagging heidi@ebay who knows about this problem.  

SEE ALSO: 

Many threads in the Seller Discussion on The Community at eBay.  

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

I see the problem and I agree there is one. But I do not work for ebay. I am just an ebay user like you. I also am a community volunteer because I have too much free time on my hands.
I have flagged it to our board team leaders on our CE chat board. I wish I could fix these glitches, I hate to see sellers loosing money.

Message 15 of 31
latest reply