cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items delivered, ebay marks as unshipped

We have 2 books, sold to the same buyer, shipped together.

Paid with Paypal 11/15.

USPS Scanned 11/16

Delivered 11/21

Ebay now (suddenly, as of today) shows them as unshipped.

I’m betting these will show up in our Late shipment rate, though they shouldn’t.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Have you contacted ebay to let them know? Give them your tracking info and they can edit your record for the positive!!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

For consideration, whether right, wrong, legal or not, while we all want a perfectly running eCommerce platform, just not gonna happen.

In your agreement to sell on eBay and all the costs to do so, you have signed up to constantly macro and micro manage all facets of the eBay store's platform, it's programming, including any and all system errors and anomalies incurred that create unnecessary time distractions, additional accounting, and potential account defects.

As you would factor in a return rate % when pricing items to sell, add an appropriate % to your pricing for these unexpected time distraction events. The never ending extra time all seller's spend to deal with eBay's systems errors are part of the cost of doing business, so
factor accordingly.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Prices aren't determined by how much time one puts into selling nor by how many tech issues one must deal with on ebay.

Prices are determined by what buyers are willing to pay and by what sellers are willing to sell for. No more, no less.

Besides, this is Technical Issues section. Used to report Technical issues to the ebay tech team. Which is exactly what we did.

@rockz1101 wrote:

As you would factor in a return rate % when pricing items to sell, add an appropriate % to your pricing for these unexpected time distraction events. The never ending extra time all seller's spend to deal with eBay's systems errors are part of the cost of doing business, so
factor accordingly.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

>>Used to report Technical issues
>>to the ebay tech team.

Based on observed (total lack of) engagement, this forum gets no more eBay employee attention than the Bidding and Buying board does (namely zero).

>>Which is exactly what we did.

See above.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Actually, I've had running conversations with ebay tech people in here. They definately monitor it.

Check out our post (probably on the next page) titled "Ebay error might cost us our Top-Rated Status" and look for Brian.t replies.

Not only did they follow the issue and reply. BUT THEY FIXED IT FOR US!

Yes.

But I'm sure they're overloaded with issues and the holidays slow them down.

@berserkerplanet wrote:
>>Used to report Technical issues
>>to the ebay tech team.

Based on observed (total lack of) engagement, this forum gets no more eBay employee attention than the Bidding and Buying board does (namely zero).

>>Which is exactly what we did.

See above.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Sure, people do have short conversations with blues when they do show up - 99% of the time after being called with an "at" batsignal.

Brian responded to your OP 13 days after the OP - that is not monitoring. He was either bored and reading forms for fun, or someone notified him somehow.

I read ALL the posts in the nine forums I follow, and have a pretty good feel for who is who and what is going on. This Technical Issues forum does not have any responsive monitoring going on (like Tools&Apps or Community Platform Feedback do).

Message 7 of 7
latest reply