cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hallmark Ornament sellers beware Gallery charges!

I am still investigating this... but I wanted to warn other sellers just in case I am right. 

Ebay recently notified all of us about category changes.   I downloaded the file and it was ENORMUS!  I scrolled and scrolled and scrolled and didn't see anything that applied to me... I THOUGHT! 

This morning I noticed a "gallery fee" of $1.00 for a store listed that autoreposted.  I looked up the listing and went to revise it and take out the gallery photo option.  When I went to save the changes, it said my category did not exist.  Ebay apparently has taken away all of the Hallmark ornament categories and all of my ornament are just listed under Collectible>Holiday & Seasonal>Ornaments now.  ALL OF MY LISTINGS ALSO NOW HAVE THE GALLERY PHOTO BOX CHECKED!  That means I will now be charged $1 a month for all of my ornament store listings!  So, now I have to spend the day editing all of my ornament listings and unchecking that box.  I would do a bulk edit, but the last time I did that it completely screwed up my listings. 

So everybody check your listings! 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@webebuyers wrote:

I am still investigating this... but I wanted to warn other sellers just in case I am right. 

Ebay recently notified all of us about category changes.   I downloaded the file and it was ENORMUS!  I scrolled and scrolled and scrolled and didn't see anything that applied to me... I THOUGHT! 

This morning I noticed a "gallery fee" of $1.00 for a store listed that autoreposted.  I looked up the listing and went to revise it and take out the gallery photo option.  When I went to save the changes, it said my category did not exist.  Ebay apparently has taken away all of the Hallmark ornament categories and all of my ornament are just listed under Collectible>Holiday & Seasonal>Ornaments now.  ALL OF MY LISTINGS ALSO NOW HAVE THE GALLERY PHOTO BOX CHECKED!  That means I will now be charged $1 a month for all of my ornament store listings! 

I have a dozen or so Hallmark ornaments listed and didn't have any issues with gallery plus or "category does not exist".  They were all migrated to Collectible>Holiday & Seasonal>Ornaments, but I believe this happened in May 2021.  I had the gallery plus selected before and after the conversion without any listing upgrade fees.

According to this https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822

Gallery Plus is Free for listings in the Collectibles, Art, Pottery & Glass, and Antiques categories.   So, you should be able to use Gallery Plus if you wish for your Hallmark Ornaments.  Just guessing, but getting charged probably had something to do with the category error message you received.  Chances are eBay should refund these fees for you since Gallery Plus should have been free both before and after the conversion.   

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Have a read of all the other threads, there seems to be an enormous amount of categories and listing issues across the entire platform.

Just another adorable little eBay glitch!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for warning.  I caught this on a listing of mine that was being revised, except the charge would have been $4!  Apparently Ebay wiped out dozens of subcategories that buyer and sellers actually depend on to find items. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I can not use bulk... it checks extra fees boxes! Always costing me more! Instead of a profit expected of $1.09, I made 9 cents! Now I see another of 9% PROFIT (available) after all charges and postage taken (item was figured as a 28% profit!)! Can not find any other charges... nothing is adding up AFTER the invoice details(?) Is my payment being siphoned by a 3rd party?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I found box checked for 12 gallery photos! I only had 2 photos! Better figure in extra boxes clicked... or you'll end up paying more charges than the total invoice gross.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

heads up....... all of my policies got deleted... LISTINGS INVALIDI!... but no meessage until tried to bulk revise... accident I found them! now checking all listings not valid and unchecking boxes I DID NOT CHECK. adding at least $2 to each, just in case. Found 1 gallery box rechecking its SELF after submit... then revise... 3 TIMES! had to get ebay to uncheck it & stay unchecked! 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@webebuyers wrote:

This morning I noticed a "gallery fee" of $1.00 for a store listed that autoreposted.  I looked up the listing and went to revise it and take out the gallery photo option.  When I went to save the changes, it said my category did not exist.  Ebay apparently has taken away all of the Hallmark ornament categories and all of my ornament are just listed under Collectible>Holiday & Seasonal>Ornaments now.  ALL OF MY LISTINGS ALSO NOW HAVE THE GALLERY PHOTO BOX CHECKED!  That means I will now be charged $1 a month for all of my ornament store listings! 

I have a dozen or so Hallmark ornaments listed and didn't have any issues with gallery plus or "category does not exist".  They were all migrated to Collectible>Holiday & Seasonal>Ornaments, but I believe this happened in May 2021.  I had the gallery plus selected before and after the conversion without any listing upgrade fees.

According to this https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822

Gallery Plus is Free for listings in the Collectibles, Art, Pottery & Glass, and Antiques categories.   So, you should be able to use Gallery Plus if you wish for your Hallmark Ornaments.  Just guessing, but getting charged probably had something to do with the category error message you received.  Chances are eBay should refund these fees for you since Gallery Plus should have been free both before and after the conversion.   

Message 7 of 7
latest reply