cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Chrome Won't Let Me Login to My eBay Since Yesterday

I've been using Google Chrome to access my eBay account for at least 12 or more years and rarely experienced a problem when I'd login to that site. I used eBay all day yesterday with no problem but then around 11:30 p.m. EST I went to that site and found that it had been logged off. I attempted many times to login but could not do so; I'd been using the same password on my eBay account for at least 7 or more years and couldn't understand what had occurred. I tried last night and also early this morning and after 12 attempts at creating a new password called the eBay customer service and spoke to 2 different people who acknowledged that the login problem was due a software glitch where their IT people were working on. I this morning tried accessing eBay using my igoogle. browser and this morning I also could not login due to eBay not recognizing my new password.

I called eBay again later this morning and described to their representative the exact nature of my login problem (using Google Chrome browser) and she sent me a new login webpage (to change my password) but it showed the same problem. About 1/2 hour I ago I again called eBay because I could then logon to eBay.comwith a new password but of my several accounts screens I could view only my eBay "Watched List" and I believe "Messages" but when I clicked on "My eBay Summary" or my "Selling " page I again was taken to the eBay login screen -- which again asked me to input my password. When I input the new password that I'd just created about 5 minutes previously I received an error telling me that my new password was not correct.

I just now used my igoogle.com browser to logon to eBay and it worked perfectly and I could then click on and view my "Selling" page and also see "My eBay Summary" page. I contacted one of the eBay members who'd recently purchased one of my items and he's not experienced any problems with logging onto or using eBay. I just tried again to login using Google Chrome but my new password is now not being accepted.

I'm posting this here to see if anyone else has experienced a problem attempting to login to eBay using their Chrome browser. One of the eBay rep's today told me that I might want to reload my Google Chrome software but I have many favorite sites saved in Chrome and I hate to lose them all if the problems that I've had are due to an eBay software issue.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

I never use goggle chrome but I have it installed so I went onto ebay, I was logged in so I logged out and then back in with no problem.  I have no idea how to help other that this.  If I can do something else let me know, you can message me. tripper101

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

I was having the same problem on Internet Explorer today (6/29/17). Called CS and all they said was to try another browser which is not a solution for me.  I deleted all cookies and restarted my computer - didn't help. I could get through to some things and not others but if I clicked MYEBAY upper right corner of the screen it sent me into a continuous loop for sign in. I finally realized that I had opted into their new beta version of my ebay without knowing it - which I think was the problem. I opted out and it looks like I'm back to normal so far. Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

After an eBay phone rep. told me to delete Google Chrome and reinstall it I found the answer to my problem in a few minutes.  I looked thru the Google settings and clicked on content settings and then clicked on Cookies and saw that there was an "ebay" cookie and it was marked as "blocked."  I then removed this cookie to unblock it and then found that my eBay was restored and now works perfectly.

Google had changed the appearance of their software a few days ago and that's exactly when my eBay problem occurred; I imagine that somehow my prior settings had been incorporated into the new version of "Settings" on my computer and this one eBay cookie found its' way (in error) to being blocked.  That's what caused me not to be able to view My eBay pages as I had been able to do so previously.

I called the eBay customer support line and let them know about this issue in the event any of their other customers experienced this same issue.

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

I cant login in chrome, MS 10, I put it the pass word etc. but it just continues to pop up a new login window. no error messages, the form just wont work in Chrome. I am using firefox, which I hate, slow awkward UI, but the login form has not problems at all, and I have this problem with no other site.
Ebay says they cant reproduce it, in other words "tuff luck" thanks for posting.
\
Message 5 of 32
latest reply

Chrome have problems with ebay. I cant write messages with chrome/ebay, i can barely browse items pages, very slowly, and often with "too many redirects" error.
0 errors with any other browser on the same PC (IE, Firefox, Opera)
This happens from at least 1 year to me, and on last year I changed my PC, from a notebook with Win7 to a gaming pc with Win10. 

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

I spent 1/2 hour today with eBay customer support and they didn't know about this problem. It worked like a charm. Can't thank you enough!
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

Worked for me too, thank you.

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

i just tried to log in and it wouldn't accept my pass i have no idea what ebay wants me to change or do 

this is so confusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

@graphically wrote:

i just tried to log in and it wouldn't accept my pass i have no idea what ebay wants me to change or do 

this is so confusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, eBay will give us the wrong error messages.

When cookies get blocked, everything goes down the tubes. And ebay will tell you it's your password.  CS reps will tell you to try the wrong things.

A more professional site with better programing will say "hey. your coookies are blocked.  you need to allow cookies to get back in."  (Google does this for Gmail, for example.)

We just have to remember to go to the Cookies page  and make sure all the settings are OK on our own.

chrome://settings/content/cookies

Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 10 of 32
latest reply

I have been suffering this problem for few years. and now it has been fixed, eventually!
Thank you very much for your valuable information.

When I ask ebay about this problem few years ago, they could not even understand what the problem is. and kept saying "if there is problem just let us know."

Now that I can use Chrome to browse ebay, I do not need to switch around 2 browsers.

Happy now!
Message 11 of 32
latest reply

I was reviewing these old posts because after my recent Windows Creator update of a few weeks ago "MyeBay" is one of 2 sites where my Google Chrome won't login even though my password has been saved.  I had a problem for about 12 days with AOl also not logging in however that problem magically fixed itself.  When I open Google Chrome I have 6 separate webpages saved and the passwords for those sites also saved.  Now my eBay summary page will not load and I have to click on "sign in" each time I open Google Chrome.  This issue occurred immediately after in installed the new Windows 10 update.  I can see that the password is stored and correct and as soon as I click on "sign in" the eBay summary page loads.  fyi my 3 saved Facebook pages load immediately without my having to sign in.  Also my www.google.chrome will also not sign in by itself.

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

You may also just go to your chrome settings and restore the default settings on your chrome browser

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

I'm having the same problem.  Using IE now.  Did you ever find a solution?

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

" I looked thru the Google settings and clicked on content settings and then clicked on Cookies and saw that there was an "ebay" cookie and it was marked as "blocked." I then removed this cookie to unblock it and then found that my eBay was restored and now works perfectly."

I tried this and it fixed my problem !!!!
Message 15 of 32
latest reply