cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay will refuse to let me pay.

I have bought things here before and now its suddenly refusing to let me pay for things. I thought it was my card at first so I naturally tried another one but that one did not work either. I tried different browsers just in case. I sebay having an issue or something?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Im exactly the same tried everything and can’t checkout with paypal or my card

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

How exactly does it do it?

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

tyler@ebay been seeing more than the usual number of these complaints.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

If you are using PayPal. Try logging into PayPal 1st on s separate tab or window then start the check out process. Others have had success doing it this way.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I’ve tried thanks but still no joy. Have just rang ebay and been told they’re aware of the issue and it’s with their technical team. Apparently it’s been going on since last Monday. I’ve been added to a list of affected accounts. Fingers crossed it’s fixed soon

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@cal300102 

If the problem is related to being unable to sign in to paypal during the checkout process, see here for a possible workaround:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/for-who-can-t-check-out-with-paypal/m-p/30040305#M592...

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

me with me I spent 1 1/2 hours on phone with julio, maril and may . not one could or would help me . insisted I must install google chrome . Whats up with that . they site give s 6 options but these 3 know only google will work . sellers are losing money . I bought on amazon .

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Thank you. I’ve tried it but still no joy 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Same here, Im not able to pay, I have tried 3 cards already, I just receive the notification on my credit card about the $1.00 dolar but then Ebay throws the error message.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Go figure, I just tried again and it worked.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

It’s still not working for me either. It’s definitely an ebay problem as every day I’ve tried there’s been pending ebay transactions showing on my cards. So annoying  

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

It’s happening to me now. Did you manage to pay yet?

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Only yesterday it finally let me but i had to do it via my bank it wouldn’t let me use my default paypal payment of my card. Today though it has so im not sure if the problem was fixed or whether it’s been a problem with the one basket. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I have the same problem, apparantly my account has been blocked!
& i cant verify it as my phone number is out of date, when I try to change it, I just get logged out or asked to verify the image and it goes around in circles, it never updates.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply