cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay has become unusable - WHAT THE HELL IS EBAY DOING? EBAY SUCKS!!!!!

Over the past two years, navigating through ebay pages is becoming slower and slower - if not impossible, pages are not loading completely, when you select "back to my ebay" the page, ebay does not always return you to your summary page - often you are returned to your items purchased page instead. When navigating seller listings, It takes forever to bring up an item or when you try to go back to your search results, the page just sits and "ginds and grinds" and there is no way to communicate with ebay to try find a solution to the problem. I have checked and this is not a problem with my computer nor my internet providers (MSN Premium, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrom, etc.) - the problem is only when I am in ebay. Don't have this problem with Amazon or other websites at all. I have been an ebayer for over 15 years, purchased over 3,000 items with 100% positive feedback and I no longer want to use ebay. EBAY YOU ARE PATHETIC! I will close my ebay account and find some other website "that actually works" to make purchases - such as Amazon.

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

I want to add my voice to this. What the heck is going on?????!!!!! Suddenly ebay sucks! Takes forever, hangs, makes me so very mad! I've been counting on ebay for years to keep me occupied. Please don't make me go read political news instead. Today I actually bought something on Amazon, when ebay **bleep** me off.  I don't want to leave ebay but I can't take it either.

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

Update: 12/19 I am trying to reply to messages from my buyers.  The window for the Ebay message page has been clocking trying to load for about 5 minutes and still not loaded.  

Message 17 of 46
latest reply

Seriously! This is so bad. I don't have a very fast computer, and there are two kinds of sites that don't run well for me. News sites which are strewn with 1500 advertisement boxes, and ebay which has 1500 advertisement boxes which at first take forever to load, and then are constantly loading both as you move your mouse, and as you scroll around to the point that I started using the pg dwn key so that each page only takes 10 seconds to finish updating the massive blobs of advertisements. Then every time you move your mouse or press a key it locks up for 3 or 4 seconds loading ads. You can see the ad loading activity at the bottom left corner of the browser just almost never stops! I just shake my head in amazement that ebay thought this was a good idea... Just like news sites, but at least the news sites have an excuse! That is their principle income stream!! I actually started using lynx browser for news, just because it is getting out of control! For ebay however...I cannot get away with using a text browser, obviously!!!

I was thinking about being a seller, and have been a long time buyer. Really hope another site takes over from where ebay dropped the ball. Amazon is cool but being a retro computer collector, I find way more on ebay than I do on amazon. That being said, I have also found that shill bidding has become a major issue on ebay as well, and when I do find things I want on other sites they are often 1/2- 1/4th the price of ebay. Probably because of ebay's screw the seller policies, and high fees. I have never sold anything on ebay, and after reading about how they treat their sellers, and using their now hideously slow UI, I just won't!!! They are already taking massive amounts of money from their sellers, and leaving them with all the liability...why do they need ads as well?! Maybe they should use the ads to subsidize their sellers income lol.

The last thing I bought from ebay was some standard micro SD cards because the application I needed them for required older standard SD. They were almost 4$ a piece (1GB)...At the store around the corner I could get a card 8+ times the size for about the same price, and I would have if they had non SDHC!!! I also saw all the sellers who were selling even older 256MB Micro SD for almost the same price LOL. I ended up paying more for them than I would have at my local store for a card many times the size and not 10 years old and used!! A product like this should be cheaper than current technology..not the same price and more with less overhead vs a store that has a large building and lots of employees to keep up with. That will likely be my last purchase on ebay. It is a bloated, outdated, overpriced, overly regulated, pit of shill sellers who are just marking up deals they found elsewhere and relisting them on ebay, and then ebay takes a good deal of their profit margin. Government gets most of the rest. The people who do post normal prices are bought out, and relisted by those shills at a price that is often more than you would pay for just driving around the corner! The people who make auctions bid on their own stuff, making the auction feature useless, and actually dangerous in some cases for users to use. Imagine overbidding on an item, and then a shill ups the bid to near your overbid maximum because you didn't want to stare at the ads for 10 hours constantly bidding...most people bid at the last second, and it is painfully clear why. Shill bidders, slow UI.

Bid on an item? Get outbid. Up your bid? Get out bid. Don't bid again? No problem...the seller relists the item again, you can try for the exact same item again, because it was never actually sold!!!!

Message 18 of 46
latest reply

I have had the same issues for around 6 months or so!  Using Chrome and/or IE, I've tried all the cleaning, clearing, rebooting, scanning anti-virus, malware etc. that I can think of to correct the problem... but it continues to exist.  

I have also noticed something strange in that, sometimes, when the pages are attempting to "load" there will be a completely different item description in the tab, then what I am attempting to look at.  The tab (using my chrome browser) shows a completely different item then the page I'm trying to load!  Can anyone advise me WHAT THE HELL 🙂 is up with that?

For example, today I was trying to look at some glass beads and the page wouldn't load... when I looked at the tab and held my cursor over it, this was the description in the tab: "Bandai Dragonball Z Super Seiyan Son Gohan Battle Figure DBZ Trunk Vegeta Goku / eBay"  

This happens randomly, but only when I'm on eBay... and the pages usually will eventually load what I'm trying to look at, so, I've never been redirected to these other items that randomly show up in the tabs.  Any suggestions regarding this problem?  Thanks!!  Happy Holiday's!!

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

The servers have been stalling for months, when it happens all you can do is close your browser out and try again, I have had eBay stall out so bad that I could not even close my browser, I had to reboot the machine, so there you go, and I have a new computer with the latest auto updates running on Windows 10, a desktop, so it is no doubt eBay and their server farms and programming.

Message 20 of 46
latest reply

Thank you!! 

Message 21 of 46
latest reply

I have the same EXACT problem. So frustrating..... Come on EBAY this is very well documented. We need a fix as you cannot even navigate to make any purchases.
Message 22 of 46
latest reply

same here as it seems everywhere else. Constantly getting "ebay not responding" messages and having pages freeze. Ive been a seller since 1999 and have never had issues like this since this past few months. Getting very hard to sell on ebay and I may start moving some of my business elsewhere. I regret that but I cant continue if it hurts my sales which it is doing.

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

@cell.buyer wrote:

The servers have been stalling for months, when it happens all you can do is close your browser out and try again, I have had eBay stall out so bad that I could not even close my browser, I had to reboot the machine, so there you go, and I have a new computer with the latest auto updates running on Windows 10, a desktop, so it is no doubt eBay and their server farms and programming.

same here as it seems everywhere else. Constantly getting "ebay not responding" messages and having pages freeze. Ive been a seller since 1999 and have never had issues like this since this past few months. Getting very hard to sell on ebay and I may start moving some of my business elsewhere. I regret that but I cant continue if it hurts my sales which it is doing.

Message 24 of 46
latest reply

Tonight, all text on the left, more than 5 minutes to print a label, paypal wouldn't come up at first...said fatal error, couldn't get feedback to work until after many tries.  PLEASE EBAY FIX THIS MESS!!!  This is the longest, worst it's ever been.

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

Some days, when I'm in a good mood, it's like a little adventure. "What fresh hell will ebay give me today?"

The part of my indignation that I can't get past is: "Google has security people. Why can't you hire them? It's not as if we don't pay you".

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

So in trying to create a new listing, I have basically 30 seconds to get thru a category and save it, or else this wonderful gem comes up, and I need to refresh the page, and (if I'm lucky) re-do the step...  Or it takes me back a few steps.  Uploading images - hit or miss, at best.  Attaching images to correspondance, 30% success rate, if I'm lucky (typically, it's "Server Failed to Respond").  How can this site be so poorly programmed after this many years?

Reset.jpg

(I also predict this page will fail to connect, since it's taken more than 30 seconds to type this out...  Thank fk for Copy/Paste!)

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

Now THIS reply makes sense, to me! 

I've been reading comments, so far my issue I've not come across as yet. There is definitely 'bugs/ghosts' in eBay's programming and dare I say a malware hack to the site?

I do hope they are resolved! My ongoing and random issues with the listing format, are a time sux annoyance.

I've done all the necessary maintenance, MANY times. Also my drivers are updated.  Random times, no seeming rhyme or reason, when or why, font styles and sizes, just change, and not uniformly. I see the changeds after I list or make updates to the listing.  I switched over to Firefox/Mozilla, still the same issue, just not as rampant. I do prefer to use Chrome, for a number of reasons and so will continue resetting the font styles and changes and hope they hold and this

one of many issues does get fixed. Also, I've made site feedback reports, but apparently this isn't a huge problem.  

issue gets fixed. 

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

that is a big 10-4

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

Look guys, when a server stalls out all you are left with are stats scripts trying to pull data off of your box, it is so bad when eBay stalls that I was not even able to close my browser out, I had to turn off the machine to even get off of eBay.

So when this happens, just close your browser out and come back later and hope that the routers take you to another server via load balancing, a server that is not stalled out or clogged with hackers DDoS traffic.

Message 30 of 46
latest reply