cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay app for Kindle Fire.

Yes. I still use a Fire.

And Yes I used it a lot to browse Ebay.

Now?   App no longer supported.    Use the browser you say?  Well Ebay is absolutely, completely, totally, unuseably formatted for the mobile browser.

One more failure for Ebay.   Chalk it up on the list guys.  You are doing great.  Wonder why your market share is going in the toilet?   When a long time user is once again Ebay in frustration, wonder why you aren't liked?  Numbers down?

Wonder how that meeting went:    "Well the Fire is getting old, lets not support it.   Lets make one LESS way a customer can use Ebay  "

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I want to add to this discussion. Earlier this year, I uninstalled and reinstalled the eBay app I was directed to in the Amazon store. Then, a few months later, I received the red notice on my app's home page that, again, the app "will be retired". Again. uninstall, reinstall.

This week, I am receiving the same notice. Should I continue uninstalling, reinstalling an app that "will soon be retired"? I use my Fire almost exclusively for shopping and I can foresee myself falling by the wayside with eBay shopping if this continues. And I will be sad.

So, are Amazon and eBay such fierce competitors that there is not room for the two of them on one device? Is my Fire 7 so old (as mentioned above by kodom) that it's not being dutifully updated? (I suppose this question would be better answered by Amazon.) If so, this is also sad.

Play nice, please.
We shoppers need for you two to just get along. Please.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I do not have an answer for you about the kindle fire app update. Since it's an android app I figured I just start sending all of the kindle fire users to the android board. Maybe if enough kindle fire users bug them we can get ebay to work with Amazon to update their app catalog.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-App-Android/mobile-app-help-Kindle-Fire-Update-not-available-Ple...

I started a thread on that board to send kindle fire users to.  It's not looking hopeful though because ebay says you will need to just use ebay.com and NOT the app.   

As I do not own a kindle I can't really help trouble shoot anything.   

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Yeah you can't update your ebay app if you have a kindle fire. Absolutely insain!!!  EBay will lose lots of $ and so will sellers. Not fair. Work it out!!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I am pretty POed at the new Ebay app vs Amazon tablets issue.

Who is the culprit?

Ebay or Amazon?

Looks like ebay will lose out on this.

Doesn't matter who will play ball and who won't.

Although!!!!!!

Hmmmm??

Maybe Amazon will lose out on this.

I just ordered a Samsung tablet.

Actually..... no one loses out except the consumer.

ebay, Amazon and even Samsung will still be taking in billions of dollars.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I just ordered a Samsung tablet as well. It's infuriating that they they would do this to their customers. I wish there was a way to publicly shame them or bring more attention to this issue. We purchased these tablets in good faith. My Kindle 7 in Fire HDX was expensive. And now I can't even use it to buy and sell on eBay.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Can't access ebay app at all now. Amazon only seem to have the old ebay app. Google play is not compatible with kindle.

So not so much ebaying now.

Shame the ebay app was not brilliant but worked why mess with it .

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Please see my post here. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-App-Android/Kindle-Fire-eBay-app-solution/m-p/28038765#M2372.  I hope this helps some of you out.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Me too! I'm ready for s New tablet. But, after buying 4 kindle fire,s for my family I'm switching! And, I'm also not happy with ebay!
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Yeah. Great idea. Getting new tablet and tossing kindle
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

It's my understanding, that it's ebay. My kindle has a is of 4.5, and still won't work.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Wow Ebay rides again! Lose Lose

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I also use eBay alot. I was right in the middle of a sale to two different seller's,one went through the other didn't! It took money out of my account and then immediately returned one of the seller's money back into my account.I repeatedly tried to buy that seller's item, eBay wouldn't take my money!!!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.
Message 14 of 14
latest reply