cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY REMOVED the SIZES I listed on all of my clothing !!! WHAT ???

Their new program (oh no -- not another one) for "helping us" fill in details on items just ERASED all the Sizes on over 200 items of clothing I have listed.  

To make matters worse there is the usual "threat" that if we don't include all these details (which I DID until they erased it) then our items will not be shown.

SO Ebay just took perfectly good listings -- with all the pertinent info I had correctly put in and ERASED all the sizes so now they won't show them UNLESS I GO INTO OVER 200 listings and put back what they wiped out ????

Are they SERIOUS ???  Can they think of anything else to do to ruin sales ???

If you sell clothes CHECK your listings !!!  Go in and hit edit -- See if you find a BLANK SPACE where the Size should be filled in -- this is a nightmare !

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: EBAY REMOVED the SIZES I listed on all of my clothing !!! WHAT ???

I fear that at this point any "FIX" they do will break it again. I just spent 1.5 hours (and I timed myself) "fixing" 50 listings they broke. I only have 1,137 more live listings to go and 84 sitting in draft mode that recently ended to go! Yippee. Let's see, at the pace I can fix these it will only take me a little over 38 (THIRTY-EIGHT!!!!) hours! Thank you eBay! You guys are so helpful!

Oh, by the way. Why don't any of your customer service agents seem to know ANYTHING about these problems? It is like pulling teeth just trying to explain the issues to them. Clueless! You might as well not even have them answer the phone. NO HELP.

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Today, I viewed one of my men's shirt listings, a used Pierre Cardin Hawaiian camp shirt. All text and photos looked fine, but then I went in to edit some of the description text. Bam - the sizing had disappeared, as other sellers have experienced. Crikey, this is a mess. I don't have as many items of clothing listed that other eBay sellers do, but it will still take me a massive amount of time to correct this horrific eBay SNAFU. The notice that was posted earlier that this glitch "has been fixed" is gravely mistaken. 

I also noticed that someone at eBay who knows little to nothing about men's clothing has now provided these ridiculous choices for men's clothing sleeve types in their revised-but-not-improved drop menu:
Dolman Sleeve
Flared Sleeve
Flutter Sleeve
Puff Sleeve
Raglan Sleeve
Roll Tab Sleeve
Slit Sleeve
Strappy Sleeve

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

Still Broken!  Nothing works.  I cannot shop or sell.  Please help!  It would take me days to revise 1450 listings =(

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

Yep. This is ridiculous. I have almost 2000 items that will need to be "fixed". I tried to look for a sweater in my size. Of the 3.2M sweaters, 2.2M no longer have a specified size which is crazy because it has been a required spec for a LONG TIME>
Message 19 of 30
latest reply

I sold exactly NOTHING today. Thank you e(LAME)Bay! And I have spent ALL DAY fixing my listings which were perfectly in compliance until you decided to break everything in the clothing, shoes, and accessories department. I only have about 1000 more listings to fix. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I don't know if this is worse than when you lost all of our photos, but this is quite up there! 

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

I know!! It's miserable and even MORE time consuming. Just watched a video from rally roots and he is so I re right now because they have to go back and modify all their closing list is because it won't show up in the algorithm if someone is looking for that size
Message 21 of 30
latest reply

And who shops for clothes and doesn't care what size? LOL! Ebay is clueless!

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

I called them last night about that issue.  Their off-shore tech support was completely useless.  I don't want to see every dress listed.  Just a certain size.  If you select the size from the top, rather than the filters, you do not see all available listings.  This is insanity.

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

Hi everyone! Please take a moment to read our Announcement about this issue. It provides the most recent updates and steps for sellers to proceed with listing items. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 24 of 30
latest reply

Ok . I read the announcement. It says eBay will may and copy item specifics data to the appropriate fields. If that is so, why is the eBay mobile app telling me to "Add required details" and "Add more details." Is eBay just joshing about copying the data they failed to map and migrate properly in the first place?

I am left unsure whether I should or shouldn't make the fixes myself manually. I sure as heck don't have time for it. I spent 12 doing manual fixes before eBay finally posted the recent updated announcement. I stopped and breathed a sigh of relief when I read they would take care of it, but now I am not sure. Should I fix the remaining listings eBay messed up for me or not?

Meanwhile, two sales all day yesterday... one of  in a those two NOT in clothing category (the main category I sell). And zilch zero $000 no money to pay my bills with in sales today.  As always, thank you for selling on eBay 

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

Meant to include this screenshot.

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

@disneyshopper wrote:

I checked several of my t-shirt listings, and the sizes are there, but they are all listed in the Collectibles > Disneyana subcategories.

Well, that's why.  The problem exists in the Clothing, Shoes & Accessories category, not Collectibles.

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

Thank you for the link to the update on the issues! 🙂
Message 28 of 30
latest reply

Has anyone heard or read any new updated information on these issues? I am still working through my listings by hand. I expect to be done until the middle of next week if I don't EXPLODE first.

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)
Hi everyone! Join us here at 3 pm PT today where we will be joined by Ron from the Structured Data team to give us an update on the ongoing Seller Hub and Item Specifics issue. Ron will let us know the current status as well as address your questions. Please know that because this is a developing situation we may not have exact answers but it’s important we get your input and update you with all necessary information.
Tyler,
eBay
Message 30 of 30
latest reply