cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doesn't show picture in item description

Pictures are not showen on iten description. What's wrong with picture? On editing page I can see those pictures, but when I save, they do not apear.

THANK YOU

eror.jpgerror1.jpg

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@gipfeleuropawrote:

Thank you all for answers. We have just started with eBay, so there are more questions then clear things see_no_evil

Just learning to make our listings as good as possible.

What about those pictures - I will try to use description templates. What is the best place for placing pictures to have as URL for inserting into HTML code?

Have a nice day everyoneCat Happy

Do not put pictures and images in your description. eBay recommends a simple text description for years now. In the past year eBay restricted active content forcing sellers to have simpler descriptions. I suspect they will move to a basic simple description like Amazon in the next couple of years since they are going to a product based system. Spend your time making a clear short description. Make it mobile friendly since mobile devices are dominating the eCommerce world today.

Learn how to do the description the way eBay recommends so you will have little to update and change in the future. eBay constant changes in the past 5+ years have caused sellers so much work to edit and revise listings to be compliant to new standards each year (twice a year seller updates) I advise following current eBay recommendations.

Be sure to use the special tags for the mobile summary in your description.

I will tag @shipscript to give you some ideas on the description and how to use the eBay mobile summary feature.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 14 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

No idea. Show us the HTML from the description editor and it will probably be immediately obvious.

Switch from the Standard tab to HTML tab, copy all the description HTML, and paste it in a codebox in a reply here (the </> icon the forum message editor menu bar)

ebay_forum_editor_codebox.gif

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

just pointing out that Poster is in Lithuania, so there may be a difference in there and the US with how stuff is shown.............

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Good point.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@berserkerplanet

@dhbookds

@gipfeleuropa

I think Berserker's 1st point is the best. The OP is registered on the UK site, and others there have images in their discriptions. There must be an issue with the html.

@gipfeleuropa

BTW, that is not a coffee press. You might get better exposure for that item in the correct category.

A UPC/EAN will help get Google hits as well. Without a UPC/EAN, google will not index the item.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Yep. "No idea" is the best solution. I seem to have a knack for seeing through the fluff and trees and coming up with that.

Oh! Did you mean the part about seeing the HTML? grin

I'm baffled about your mention of "coffee press"? Also there is an EAN showing in image #1 I see, and nothing about category.

Where are you seeing all that?

OP has no live, sold, or completed listings I can see, and although OP profile shows 2 posts with differing numbers of views at 6:45 here, I see only the one* and there is no mention of coffee or press, just stew pots. Is my view of the forums really broken or am I totally missing something?

*this post is #6, OP with 2 images is #1, my initial response is #2, and yours is #5
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I looked at their latest 'sale' in their feedback (View Item). Then looked at the category (coffee press) at the top of that listing. They are not listing the item with an EAN or UPC.

Sorry for the confusion, the item I looked at is not the same as the item the OP is presenting here. My bad.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

No problem. I see now, and you are correct. Glad I'm not that out of it.

Got any ideas on why OP's community profile shows 2 back to back posts with differing numbers of views in this thread but I only see and count one?
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@berserkerplanet

Say, Berserker,...what's in that glass there next to you? ROFL!!

Looks like the OP added tags to the post. Evidently, Lithium does not consider that a modification, so it does not show a modification datetime in the thread.

Well, thats not it. I do not know.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Looks like instead of adding the tags from the message edit screen, they added it after the post. I just added a tag to your postm and it did not update the modification date.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@gipfeleuropa
Did you puzzle out what is causing your images to not appear?
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Thank you all for answers. We have just started with eBay, so there are more questions then clear things see_no_evil

What about those pictures - I will try to use description templates. What is the best place for placing pictures to have as URL for inserting into HTML code?

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

•What is the best place for •placing pictures to have as URL
•for inserting into HTML code?

Do you mean "what is a good (free?) photohosting service to use for hosting my eBay images"

Photobucket WAS a good option in the past, but changed their free policy and costs $399 USD per year.

I don't host offsite any more so don't know of any others offhand.

Maybe other posters here have suggestions for photohosts?
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@gipfeleuropawrote:

Do not put pictures and images in your description. eBay recommends a simple text description for years now. In the past year eBay restricted active content forcing sellers to have simpler descriptions. I suspect they will move to a basic simple description like Amazon in the next couple of years since they are going to a product based system. Spend your time making a clear short description. Make it mobile friendly since mobile devices are dominating the eCommerce world today.

Learn how to do the description the way eBay recommends so you will have little to update and change in the future. eBay constant changes in the past 5+ years have caused sellers so much work to edit and revise listings to be compliant to new standards each year (twice a year seller updates) I advise following current eBay recommendations.

Be sure to use the special tags for the mobile summary in your description.

I will tag @shipscript to give you some ideas on the description and how to use the eBay mobile summary feature.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply