cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devices where you are signed in link is no longer working.

https://signinalert.ebay.com/sgninalrt/sessions

The above link was a great tool to stay safe on Ebay.  I used it all the time to make sure my account is not signed in on any unknown devices & to make sure any orphaned sessions were signed out. Today I noticed it's not working. I hope this is just temporary or maybe a new link is coming.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

I'll second that. It's redirecting to page not found.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Yep, played with it a bit and appears to be gone. Screwup or intentional unknown. brian@ebay

This is an important function, and either needs to be restored or an explanation provided for why it has been removed (if it has).
Message 3 of 30
latest reply

https://signinalert.ebay.com/sgninalrt/sessions

Please can anyone from Ebay respond to this. I count on this link to make sure I know where I' m signed in and to sign out of any orphaned sessions. Last year the site was loading very slow for me.  Then I found this link on the boards and found I had dozens of still open sessions slowing me down.  I always thought sessions timed out on their own & was surprised to find they did not,  this link was a life saver, so why is it gone?

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:
Yep, played with it a bit and appears to be gone. Screwup or intentional unknown. brian@ebay

This is an important function, and either needs to be restored or an explanation provided for why it has been removed (if it has).

Agree 100% why would they ever take this away !!
Why oh Why ?
Boy did I ever use this between Mobile, Laptop , Desk top .

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:

Hi @berserkerplanet, I've looked into this can can confirm that this tool is no longer available. We are always working to improve the resources available to you on the site and security is a top priority for us, so keep an eye out for enhancements in the future. In the meantime, I will be sure to pass along the feedback from this thread to the appropriate teams!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 6 of 30
latest reply

This is an important tool I use frequently. I just don't understand some of the things that get removed around here that people actually use. (the seller DSR reports come to mind)

It needs to be restored.

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

The_5_stages_of_grief_fixed.gif

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@berserkerplanet wrote:

Hi @berserkerplanet, I've looked into this can can confirm that this tool is no longer available. We are always working to improve the resources available to you on the site and security is a top priority for us, so keep an eye out for enhancements in the future. In the meantime, I will be sure to pass along the feedback from this thread to the appropriate teams!

brian@ebay

Why would they ever remove a saftey to ebay members like this without having a replacement in place?

Why & how is this working to improve my security by removing a tool well used tool 
know your the messanger but I SMH at this company I really do

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

I'll feel  less secure without this imporatant tool I use every day. So now how am I supposed to close any orphaned sessions?

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

I really need need tool, please bring it back

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

+1 Please bring this tool back.

Today i got an email from ebay saying there was suspected acitvity on my account and that i needed to change my password...

But i cant even check logged in sessions or devices to confirm that some "unknown" has been logged in. Why would you remove this? *baffled*
Message 12 of 30
latest reply

I think that when we use that tool to delete 'orphan' sessions, we may delete/erase important info that eBay needs to track suspect activity on some accounts.

Hints have been around that eBay may give us another way to do this, sometime.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 13 of 30
latest reply

So, how would one go about remotely signing out of a lost device to prevent fraudulent use?

Great, change passwords again/early.

I won't go off topic here and comment about how downhill things have been going steadily for the past two decades--Oooops.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

LMAO it is a tool we though should be removed. After all why would we want users to stay signed on to make more purchases. OR if they need to to force a sign off on computers they may have used in the past to prevent others from accessing their account. Why not go ahead and force users to change their password every time they log on. Dont do that it was just irony. why not change all fonts to wing ding by default.

Message 15 of 30
latest reply