cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Descriptions not loading. Just long white space.

Ebay, I am having a problem with some of my active listings not showing my descriptions. It is games mostly or anything where I use the catalogue. Please fix this ASAP. I'm losing sales because of it. Also all pages are loading really slow. I also will have long white empty space under description if it loads. Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there,  all my descriptions disappeared on me yesterday and I am having to rewrite EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.  Did some last night, today (Sunday)will have to be spent on that again.  Hang in there.  I called ebay yesterday twice and they couldn't do anything about it.  Some of the listing wouldn't even let me write in them, the only thing left was the Auctiva gallery.  (I use the gallery but nothing else from Auctiva).  When I called them a third time I finally got a helpful man on the phone who actually helped me somewhat.  He advised me to go in my listings, click on html in the text part and enter <br><br> at the very beginning.  Then it lets me write again and I rewrite the lot.  I don't know whether this helps you and if you have hundreds of listings it is probably useless because it takes ages, but it helped me so maybe you or anyone else on here can make use of this information.  What a disaster!  I don't like the new hub much, either.  Just people's job justification.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I started having this problem yesterday. The page seems to format correctly, but none of the description shows up and there's no button to "show description". Today I tried clearing history/cookies, etc.. but to no avail. I tried messing with the view criteria from the menu, but still no description.

Lastly, I opened ebay with IE (I had been using FireFox) and all the missing descriptions were there...

Have I mistakenly changed something in FireFox? Perhaps a hot-key sequence I did not intentionally execute (I am not stellar typist!)...

Anyone else having this problem, or do I just need to go back to using IE?

Thanks,

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

In reply to myself... After several hours of frustratingly attempting to discover why FireFox was not showing "Item Descriptions" on a listing view... I finally uninstalled and reinstalled FireFox...

This is not an informed or elegant solution, but it worked...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

As a buyer, I am having the exact same problem with Chrome. If I refresh several times, I can usually get it to load, but it really needs to be fixed. No problems seeing the description in the eBay app, but I shouldn't have to flip between the two. I should not have to uninstall Chrome and reinstall it just for eBay. There is really no way to notify eBay tech support?
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I sometimes have this problem with Firefox v56, but I'm not a seller. When I shift-click on an item (from search results) to open the detail in another tab, some of the page never loads even though the animated throbber has stopped (indicating every part of the page should be loaded). I think this is a problem with server loads being too high sometimes.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Same problem here with both Firefox and Google Chrome. Lovely changes to the site. UGH.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Same thing with Safari going on three months. Blank white abyss under description where before there At Least used to be spam ads. Or most importantly

- and why I'm upset and compelled to write--the "you might also be interested in..." related items.  Gone. I relied on these and have made many purchases because of using those suggestions. Same issue running "desktop" view.  Highly annoying and a devolution of the "shopping" experience I used to enjoy. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply