cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRASIC DROP IN SALES SINCE JUNE 2018 FROM TOP RATED POWER SELLER

I have had a drastic drop in sales since June 2018---I am a top rated powe seller with all positive feedbacks----Is there anybody out there wit same issues---i was told there might be some technical issues----Please share--I'm very concened

Message 1 of 58
latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

If you are using GTC for the listings duration try changing the duration to 30 days. There are several post about when the GTC relist the new listing date is not being used to sort items by newest and oldest. Instead the original listing date is being used thus over time burying items further in the search results. A search result can only pull 10,000 items and if there are a lot of results in a search over time your items may no longer be able to be found by buyer or they would have to go through most of the listings to come across your items. To maintain good visibility in search result and in your ebay store you should be using 30 days for the duration. Even though you will have to manually relist items the little bit of extra work will keep your listings visible to new buyers each month. Also when you relist the items it gives you a good point to look over the listing and make changes to the tittle, description, and price to help sell the item.

Message 2 of 58
latest reply

That would be a ton of extra work for a larger store.  I can do manual relisting on some items but most of the time, it would require more time than I have do manually relist everything we have ending in one day.  I am sure the anchor stores do not have this visibility problem and I am sure they do not manually relist their items!  

Message 3 of 58
latest reply

What you are seeing is what happened to my account over 2 years ago. The advice from mikgile-39 may help you. I have found no matter what I have done, tried, experimented with, I cannot get my listings to stay "unburied", with some being rammed down to the bottom of "best match" even if it is NEW to eBay.. If you call eBay, be prepared for a very creative run around that will result in it being said this happening is "you", something you are doing. With discussions, be prepared t hear back that everything you are covering will be stated as "not a known issue" and "you are the first person to call about this". I have been a TRP/100% Seller from many years. What is preached as the benefits do not reflect in reality.

Message 4 of 58
latest reply

I believe this advice to be true. But I also have to many listings to do this manualy but maybe time to cut my inventory!!!!!!!!!! yiks

Message 5 of 58
latest reply

Yep! Same thing happened to me when I called to complain at how sales suddenly came to a trickle. Was told it was my doing and that I probably priced too high. I cant give away the whole farm-- I need to at least cover costs.

Message 6 of 58
latest reply

Thank you very much for responding----Ebay  was helpful and they realize that there is a problem---How long dit it take before your  sales went back to normal?---Please let me know so that I can feel some relief----All the best of luck to you ...Sincerely Baxterclothing

Message 7 of 58
latest reply

Same Here ,Very upsetting ,Not sure what to do about it, Its gone on long enough ,If Ebay was going to fix it ,They already would have,
Message 8 of 58
latest reply

baxterclothing

Our sales HAVE never recovered. Even when put up thousands of additional listings, we deal with months on end that we are at an almost "break even". From when this happened we are at 20% of previous sales amount.
Message 9 of 58
latest reply

The new page default that randomly selects a single variation rather than getting the potential buyer to view all the available variations has badly effected my sales. My listings all have various size and colour options and this new page defaulting is very detrimental and my sales show it ! 

Message 10 of 58
latest reply

I'm going to give it a try, my sales have stopped because my listing are buried even though I have been top rated for years and have all content and competitive pricing.
Message 11 of 58
latest reply

Have you had any of your photos deleted? I noticed most all the photos for my Good Til Canceled listings have been deleted / are missing. I always upload 12 pictures for each of my listings. I didn't know my photos were missing because the thumbnail photo shows each time the listings renew. I had a question tonight from a potential buyer about my missing pictures referenced in the item description. I checked the listing & all the pictures but the thumbnail were missing. Checked my other listings & the pictures are also missing. My sales have dropped during June & July & I suspect the missing pictures may be the reason. Anyone else have the same problem? What do you suggest?
Message 12 of 58
latest reply

I only have a couple GTC listings and am having these issues. When I relist, I am using sell similar and creating a new listing so don't think that is it for me.

Message 13 of 58
latest reply

I have an anchor store and having the same issues. It would be ridiculous to relist GTC listings on a 30 day period. I have contacted Ebay many times and they always say they will get back to me once they review my listings. NEVER HEAR A WORD BACK. Makes you think they are prioritizing certain mega sellers listings. I have audited 30 random listings of mine, all of which have free shipping, free returns, lowest price, competitor interchanges, we have 99.9% positive feedback, etc. Everything Ebay tells us we have to do, yet only 3 of those 30 are even on the first page. Their new sorting process is obviously designed to put the Mega sellers at the top.
Message 14 of 58
latest reply

Any GTC listing that renewed between June 20-24th I believe were the ones that had the photos deleted,eBay was unable revive the deleted photos We went through all our listings to check, what a pain. Then we had to get the product out of inventory to re-photo and add to listing.
Hope this helps
Message 15 of 58
latest reply